Would you want to play for Rangers?

ElBufalo20

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question and clearly everyone's first instinct is yes!

We'd all love to score the winner against the tarriers. However! If you were a professional chances are even if you played for the glorious Glasgow Rangers you'd only be there 5 years max and have to play for another club every Saturday missing out on every Rangers game.

for me Id much rather be a fan and go to every game home and away and enjoy Rangers rather than play and miss plenty of games cos I was playing for some other team.

What would you pick?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Vinnie Jones once told me he'd have given his right bollock to have played for Rangers.  Well I'd give both of mines.

When I finally win the Euromillions I will be buying myself a short appearance in a competitive game. £10m for the last five minutes of a league game sounds fair.

The rest will probably go on coke and hookers.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

When I finally win the Euromillions I will be buying myself a short appearance in a competitive game. £10m for the last five minutes of a league game sounds fair.

As long as you don't waste it.....:pipe:

It's like saying, do you want a chance (to work hard) to get a crack at what could be your dream to be a Rangers player, or do you want to take an easier option and work less hard possibly with less of a jump into the unknown where you know you can sit back and watch other people do what you (might have) thought could be your dream. I think if you ask a true bluenose like Halliday they will always take the first option like he has done and worked hard and done well enough that Rangers re-signed him some years after we released him from youth, after he forged a career for himself at other clubs like Livi and in England. Halliday talked in an earlier in the season RTV interview about signing for Rangers and how it is his dream basically.

10 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I practically came in my pants when I walked down the tunnel into an empty stadium during the tour. Cant imagine what its like doing that week in week out playing for Rangers. Id say play. 

Snap. The first time I worked a game at Ibrox, and walked in the front door I was like a giddy school boy. And the second. And maybe the third, fourth and fifth. 

13 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

It's like saying, do you want a chance (to work hard) to get a crack at what could be your dream to be a Rangers player, or do you want to take an easier option and work less hard possibly with less of a jump into the unknown where you know you can sit back and watch other people do what you (might have) thought could be your dream. I think if you ask a true bluenose like Halliday they will always take the first option like he has done and worked hard and done well enough that Rangers re-signed him some years after we released him from youth, after he forged a career for himself at other clubs like Livi and in England. Halliday talked in an earlier in the season RTV interview about signing for Rangers and how it is his dream basically.

I get that but think how many years Halliday has been a professional and actually missed most of out games? Would you rather be sitting on the bench at Bradford or singing the billy boys away at the piggery ,Easter rd etc over the years

Easiest question I've ever answered on here I'd play for Rangers if I ever had the chance. Thats what irritated me so much over the last few years with players just turning up on matchday and collecting their inflated salaries.

Players can stay at a club as long as the club want them. We'd have had Lovenkrands here til the end of his career is PLG hadn't come in for instance. If players want more than turning out for the worlds greatest club then thats their perogative, its not big loss. Look back over the years at your McCalls, Durrant, Gough, Hateley, McCoist, Goram etc. who absolutely loved pulling on the jersey.

I think if I played for another team then you have to be professional, it is your job after all, but given the chance there is no way I'd turn it down.

I would NOT want to play for Rangers.

As a fat 36 year old with all the coordination of the Chuckle Brothers doing that stupid me to you thing, I wouldn't want to sully the jersey. If Celtic want me to play, then that is another thing as I'd happily wear the green and white dyed tattie bag. Plus a couple of grand a week would be leaving their pockets and entering ours. Heck, I'd give my wages directly to Rangers.

It would probably be best if I played my very best rather than intentionally trying to be THAT bad.

It's a no brainer. Playing. Every. Single. Time.

Being a humble fan is quite simply a privilege and an honour. It's amazing. However, to play for us? Well that is just some diffident level shit. It would be out of this world. I would literally cry every time I put on my jersey. Even thinking about it gets me a little teary eyed. To be good enough to play for us. To have the responsibility, fate, expectation and power of determining a result for us would be incredible. To make myself, family, friends and all our fans happy week in week out would be extraordinary. To follow in the footsteps of all the legends that have gone before. It really should be a simple answer. Nothing could compare to playing for us IMO. Nothing.

Also if I was good enough to play for us I'd do everything in my power to ensure I played for us my whole career, not just 5 years ☺. My whole life would be dedicated to being the very best player I could be for us and I would do everything within my power to help us win as many trophies as possible.

The only downside would be losing. I hate losing at the best of times. We all do. It hurts. It's demoralising and we can all turn into absolute pricks in the immediate aftermath because we care so much. We can be a nightmare at times and it totally effects your daily life. As a fan you feel helpless though and always feel you can do better than those on the park. Therefore to play a part in any defeat would kill me. I would feel personally responsible and would take it incredibly badly. To let all our fans down would be unbearable.

The mere thought of defeat, any potential hurt and letting everyone down though would always be in the forefront of my mind as a reminder to ensure that I never had to experience the feeling of losing as a player. I would do whatever it took. Playing for us would be the pinnacle and I'd pretty much do anything, even for a 2 minute cameo.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Quite right mate. Don't waste a penny.