Would you want to play for Rangers?

ElBufalo20

Not only did I dream about playing for Rangers, I dreamt of being the captain, lifting every trophy we played for, humiliating the soap dodgers every time we played them and becoming the greatest Ranger ever. Didn't work out that way.

Now the dream is the win big at  the Euromillions, put a reasonable amount by for the little things in life and buy The Rangers.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my dreams I not only played for Rangers, I managed us as well.

We won the Champions League 5 years running.

We went unbeaten for two whole seasons.

When I was manager, we were the biggest, most successful, most supported, team in the world.

We joined a new European Super League, but since we had the pick of the worlds young, talented players, we also kept a team in the SPFL, which, after my last dream, we had won 12 years running. We had a deal with the SFA ( which we basically ran, as all monies coming into the Scottish game were down to our success) that in the Scottish Cup, we'd play only our teenagers, just to give the rest of them a chance. 

We had to upgrade Ibrox, because it was too small to house the support we were now getting. We had 3 tier stands all round, with a capacity of 66,000. I refused to have any of the stands named after me, although the SFA were wanting to rename Hampden, after I player/coached a Scottish team, full of Rangers players, to a European Nations Championship.

i wanted to as a kid more than anything else. even today i'd still love to play for us. put on our jersey, walk out the tunnel to simply the best, be surrounded by a full crowd, and scoring a goal. i'm 25 this year so not too old to play but too late. maybe if i had stuck to playing football and taken it more seriously then i know for sure that i would have done anything and everything i could to get to play for us and stay there as long as possible. i would probably have gave up football as a career after leaving because there would be nothing else for me to do. 

40 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

In my dreams I not only played for Rangers, I managed us as well.

We won the Champions League 5 years running.

We went unbeaten for two whole seasons.

When I was manager, we were the biggest, most successful, most supported, team in the world.

We joined a new European Super League, but since we had the pick of the worlds young, talented players, we also kept a team in the SPFL, which, after my last dream, we had won 12 years running. We had a deal with the SFA ( which we basically ran, as all monies coming into the Scottish game were down to our success) that in the Scottish Cup, we'd play only our teenagers, just to give the rest of them a chance. 

We had to upgrade Ibrox, because it was too small to house the support we were now getting. We had 3 tier stands all round, with a capacity of 66,000. I refused to have any of the stands named after me, although the SFA were wanting to rename Hampden, after I player/coached a Scottish team, full of Rangers players, to a European Nations Championship.

Nae World Cup? Pah!

I'd do anything to play for the worlds most successful club and infront of the greatest fans. However doubt I'd get out the tunnel when we were playing the smellies as id probably crack Lego teeth as soon as I seen his stupid monkey face coupon.

i was captain of the university team and a Rangers scout came to see me and another lad.

my mates tried to convinced me to go to the traditional massive long weekend student bash instead.

i told them ok. i'd come just for the friday night but had to get back for the game on saturday.

got blotto and, of course, missed the game.

Rangers flew the other player back to Scotland for a trial... good player but didn't make it.

the wages were piss poor back then compared to a degree job, right enough.

ma ol' man never forgave me.

had lots of regrets over the years but then again ... then again .... those threesomes on the friday and saturday night .... ;) 

I would even take being big Sebo, although most folk would agree he wont go down as a legend in many folks eyes when talking of ex Rangers players. I remember going to the pre season friendly against Chelsea and the amount of chanting and support he got was awesome, I always thought wow the Chelsea players must think he is up there with the Gazzas, Laudrups and Coopers of our team but the reality was we were willing him to succeed, hoping he could prove all the doubters and sceptics wrong. Unfortunately for the big guy it didnt happen but I cant help but think what a buzz he must have got out of that, the sound of thousands of bears cheering for you and screaming your name for me, would be worth being ultimately a failure but wow what a day that must have been for him.

To play for Rangers the ultimate in living thre dream

6 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

i was captain of the university team and a Rangers scout came to see me and another lad.

my mates tried to convinced me to go to the traditional massive long weekend student bash instead.

i told them ok. i'd come just for the friday night but had to get back for the game on saturday.

got blotto and, of course, missed the game.

Rangers flew the other player back to Scotland for a trial... good player but didn't make it.

the wages were piss poor back then compared to a degree job, right enough.

ma ol' man never forgave me.

had lots of regrets over the years but then again ... then again .... those threesomes on the friday and saturday night .... ;) 

Not trying to pish on your chips, but imagine the amount of threesomes you could have had if you played for the Rangers!