• Sasa
    • Lee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace. Papac was shite IMO. Really really over-rated.

People moaned about Whittaker but the amount of goals Papac cost us at his full back position or on the back post for being too slow or napping was worse.

Another like Hemdani who has some sort of cult status among the fans but wasn't ever that good for us bar a few games.

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

People moaned about Whittaker but the amount of goals Papac cost us at his full back position or on the back post for being too slow or napping was worse.

Another like Hemdani who has some sort of cult status among the fans but wasn't ever that good for us bar a few games.

I think papac received hero status due to the fact he was the only player that made a career at Rangers from the plg days.

I wouldn't say he was shite but it's also tough to rate Wallace as he has only played 1 season in the top league with us.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You take that back. Ya mad man! 

Long live the Papac. 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Couldn't agree more,2 of the most overrated players ever

I am going to pass on this one as Wallace is the player I have the most respect for in the present team.

When he came I was firstly impresses by his attitude and was not surprised he was appointed captain. A model proffessional, was ambitious and his commitment to Rangers was clearly seen. His character is exemplary.

Then, like the Rangers family, he was shafted by external events but chose to remain loyal. And played on through the crap that was Ally's management. Sure his form suffered, but I strongly believe that Wallace was not part of the Ally McCoist's "old Gers boy's brigade" along with a few others. 

When I think back to the enjoyable moments of the last few years, there are many that include Wallace bombing down that wing, and overlapping, taking on players, making incisive runs and scoring great goals. All from a defender. And his defending is great too. He continues to do this to great effect under the new regime. 

And all the time he kept up his on field responsibilities as captain through the most frustrating times, and never let the team down.

Along with his frustration at the old regime, his promising international career was temporarily destroyed, but he seldom complained.

So there you have it, in my opinion Lee is already one of the greart Rangers legends. 

And I know he will now go on to even greater things with us. 

As for a comparison between Papac and Wallace as footballers, I'm going to pass at this stage, and make a much fairer comparison when Lee has played again at the top level for us. 

9 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Wallace has done nothing in his career yet that can compare with the achievements of Papac, he needs to play CL, win league trophies, etc, to prove he can cut it at that level. So, for now, Papac.

Of course you have to be a "truly great player" to win leagues and play in European finals.

Kirk Broadfoot has won 3 league championships and played in a European final.

Just saying.