• Lee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I think time has proven that it was better to get everything "Barry Ferguson" away from the club,especially in the last 6 months.  Wallace will become the better player in most fans eyes in the future, if not now. :pipe:

Unfortunately the le guen appointment was a gross mistake by Murray and we are to an extent paying the price for that just now, the Barry Ferguson situation just made it worse. Murray's decision making though was obviously flawed and indecisive at the time and influenced by others. Hence where we are. As for the Wallace v Papac question, I think Wallace will only be remembered for staying whilst others left etc but without a doubt Papac  is, was the better all round player in attack and defence and it will stay that way because something tells me Wallace won't last the distance as better players will be brought in to step up the challenge!:sherlock:

6 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I just gave it to Wallace but both decent full backs. Thinking back through my years of watching some fantastic Gers teams it's not a position that we have excelled in over the years. Arthur Numan probably an exception. 

Numan was world class, I remember watching him in the world cup just as he had signed for us and couldn't believe how good he was. Never been so excited about us getting a defender.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Wallace by a country mile.  

Papac has become some kind of cult figure which has somehow made him a better player to some than he actually was.    

Davie Robertson was the best left back we have had and that includes Arthur Newman.

Robertson was made to look a million miles better than he was by Laudrup.

Numan was utter class.

Papac was consistent and solid.

Wallace remains untested.

5 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Robertson was made to look a million miles better than he was by Laudrup.

Numan was utter class.

Papac was consistent and solid.

Wallace remains untested.

Robertson was at RFC for 3 seasons before Laudrup.   Robertson is one of our most under-rated players.

I liked Numan as well and rate him very highly but I still rate Robertson above him.

Papac was nowhere near as good when he played as people seem to remember after he left.

Wallace played well for us in his one season in the top division.  He also played well for Hearts which is why we signed him.  

Papac was good defensively but tentative going forward, he had a decent touch but lacked any real pace especially over the short distance.

Wallace is great going forward and always tracks back effectively also with a good touch and his fitness is on a different level to Papac.........for me it's Wallace all day long

49 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Voted papac. As criticised as he is, he also defended well... Which IMO is a lot more than what i can say for Wallace.  

I'd argue Wallace as an attacking fullback though. 

Papac is above criticism, he was solid in defense, just got a nose bleed if he passed the half way line, Wallace seems to roam all over the oppositions final third, two very different players. 

Edit Playing under very Different Managers and circumstances.

Comparing apples and pears for me but if I had to decide I would go with Wallace. The level of player Pap was playing with he didn't need to do much bar the defensive duty but the level that Lee has had to play with was not the best even though the opponents were not the best either. Our current Captain also seems to have to score some bloody goals these days as those up top are sometimes not making the runs in the box and just passing it about the 18 yard box!

Oh agree with JCD, Davie was fantastic.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

He has been found out as a defender many times and has been up against plumbers and joiners at the time.

Come back when he's played against the cream in the CL just like Sasa did consistently.

Has Papac scored a thunderbolt from 40 yards? No, also don't believe he has scored against sellik either unlike Waldo who has

The way you talk about the CL sounds like a tim mate

Also, Waldo has played in the CL for Rangers against Malmo so I don't know why you seem to be quick to try slate him ..

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuckin ridiculous statement to make , Papac played at a far higher level than Wallace has ever done and was more consistent than Wallace has ever been. Wallace at times is a bombscare at whats he's supposed to be doing and thats defending, and thats against nobodies .

Wallace hasn't had the chance to play at the higher level due to our circumstances - check Tanneralls response that's perfect - head case ye