*Chaos Theory by cushynumber*

OlegKuznetsov

There's a direct link between positive action and "luck" though. Some things like standing on a football touchline with your arms folded would probably cause more bad luck than good. 

Confidence and ability often seem to have a good effect on your luck, so we need to keep the winning habit and expectation.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit of an odd article. Not quite sure of the point?

Praises Warburton for commenting on the 'random' nature of football and his possession stats, and then says we shouldn't require luck. Bit of a confused message...

I don't agree with you. 

There's no real contradiction in the argument. I see it as a piece of realism, focusing on the need to apply yourself to increase your chances of influencing events positively.

2 minutes ago, Bears said:

I'd rather be lucky in their box than in ours.

So let's spend more time in theirs than ours.

That's exactly it. Spend more time attacking than defending then you increase your chances of all the positive things.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

There's a direct link between positive action and "luck" though. Some things like standing on a football touchline with your arms folded would probably cause more bad luck than good. 

Confidence and ability often seem to have a good effect on your luck, so we need to keep the winning habit and expectation.

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. Some say ally was a lucky goal scorer but he put himself in the right place so that when a chance came he could take it. Similar with this team - well prepared and taking the opportunity - lucky!    

(tu)

Good article by chushynumber.

An old tongue in cheek saying goes ...... "The harder I work the luckier I get" ....... A good answer when somebody rather unkindly thinks you have just been lucky , and doesn't want to recognise the efforts you have exerted to reach your goals.

I think "luck" is just another word for being in the right place at the right time ...... and that the time and place where so called "luck" is found, can be increased by concentrated effort, but will still be subject to random chance on the day, as we see every time at football matches in this case. 

But as is human nature, someone will have to be singled out for blame rightly or wrongly ........ depending on their luck ....... :P  

:uk:

I think sometimes you can compare the bounce of the ball to either good or bad luck but at the end of the day it's just the science of reaction and opposite reactions and this is all dependent on all the players, their positioning, their skills, the ball and the surface. You then add the numbers game to it and the more chances you create the more your going to score. 

You only get the good or bad luck when you add the human emotion side.