Danny Wilson

Essandoh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly he is powderpuff as a central defender .He isn't much threat st set pieces for us either .Thought we earned the win today but as per usual .A team creates one ,possibly two chances and scores against .That is unacceptable as it's just happening far too often 

I hate talking about defensive mistakes when I was watching from a pish angle on a stream. But today's goal was disappointing to lose given our defensive improvement. Wilson has improved in recent weeks though, he's 100% the easy target in this side. 

For what it's worth, can criticise the forward players today just as badly for not taking chances. Waghorn's confidence has plummeted. O'Halloran looked good on the ball but should be doing better albeit the keeper had a blinder. Not sure what Clark offers. Miller didn't have much time to make any real impact.

Forrester needs to score, McKay was a ghost not for lack of trying, and King changed the game.

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I hate talking about defensive mistakes when I was watching from a pish angle on a stream. But today's goal was disappointing to lose given our defensive improvement. Wilson has improved in recent weeks though, he's 100% the easy target in this side. 

Yes he is indeed, not really seen their goal very well because of the camera position and pish picture, but did not think at the time he was to blame. I will add I may be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Miss Christ knows how many chances in front of goal. Blame the defence.

Never change RM, never change.

If you'd bothered looking I criticised the forwards as well. Want me to put it in bold for you so you can read it more easily?

We conceded a dreadful goal from a corner. Wilson was at the heart of it. Is he to go without criticism? Dry your eyes.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Miss Christ knows how many chances in front of goal. Blame the defence.

Never change RM, never change.

Dude it was Alloa and we lost the type of goal that's been happening all season .Pitiful defending and puts the team under big pressure after that .Missed chances is nothing new either but for me ,the weakness is our defence 

Defenders that can't or won't do their jobs - and against the worst team in the league at that.   And strikers / midfield player that can't or won't score - against the bottom team in the league.   A manager that can't seem to shift the squad out of 'nearly men' - players who create a barrow-load of chances game after game in recent weeks but don't take anywhere near enough of them.   A manager who elected to stand by the squad with only a few additions who don't exactly impress as game changers (either in reputation or so far in practice).   Nobody comes out well from this game today. Starting at the top with MW and if he does not acknowledge that then he is, imo, not looking at the right things.  He (MW) has made his choices by electing not to add game changing physicality and goal scoring experience to the squad.  Whether he can get them to stop squandering and start scoring is - for me on the basis of the last month - an open question with the serious end of the season now upon us.   If its all been flattery but with no end result of promotion then - to use an over-used MW saying - we will not be in a good place.   Games like this at Alloa are games that should be won.   There is no getting away from that.   And its as simple as that.  

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Defenders that can't or won't do their jobs - and against the worst team in the league at that.   And strikers / midfield player that can't or won't score - against the bottom team in the league.   A manager that can't seem to shift the squad out of 'nearly men' - players who create a barrow-load of chances game after game in recent weeks but don't take anywhere near enough of them.   A manager who elected to stand by the squad with only a few additions who don't exactly impress as game changers (either in reputation or so far in practice).   Nobody comes out well from this game today. Starting at the top with MW and if he does not acknowledge that then he is, imo, not looking at the right things.  He (MW) has made his choices by electing not to add game changing physicality and goal scoring experience to the squad.  Whether he can get them to stop squandering and start scoring is - for me on the basis of the last month - an open question with the serious end of the season now upon us.   If its all been flattery but with no end result of promotion then - to use an over-used MW saying - we will not be in a good place.   Games like this at Alloa are games that should be won.   There is no getting away from that.   And its as simple as that.  

At least you are honest bud !:sherlock:

The fact is we're being held to draws, sometimes losses and lucky to get 1-0 wins under our belt.

There's something wrong with this walk the ball into the net mentality.

I really think we should try crashing shots and corners into the box and see what happens. Not exclusively, but we need to try it more.

Of course it would only work if there were some count in the box to pick up the scraps.

As we all know by now though, Mark will not change his style.

I'd rather have him on the back line than not have him. He does offer good defense and offence. 

He's greatly overshadowed by Kiernan though, but like Wilson. Until we get another CB, am happy with having Wilson on our side. 

the defense isn't the issue here, we lost a goal from a set piece, nothing new really. The issue is that our final touch, we had 10 shots on target and of those 10 only 1 went in. 

24 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If you'd bothered looking I criticised the forwards as well. Want me to put it in bold for you so you can read it more easily?

We conceded a dreadful goal from a corner. Wilson was at the heart of it. Is he to go without criticism? Dry your eyes.

Dry my eyes? I'm not the one who's started a thread bleating about a CB. We had 25 shots today and scored once. 

You said Wilsons nowhere near consistent enough but we've conceded less goals than any team in the country and just came off the back of four clean sheets. If that's inconsistent for a central defender I'd hate to see what your expectations are if a consistent defender.

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Dude it was Alloa and we lost the type of goal that's been happening all season .Pitiful defending and puts the team under big pressure after that .Missed chances is nothing new either but for me ,the weakness is our defence 

We've just kept 4 clean sheets on the spin  and no one in the country has as a better defensive record than we do.