Danny Wilson

Essandoh

Like the majority of RM posters I think Nicky Law was to blame, was invisible for the whole game and failed to track back at their goal. 

Fuxache nobody told me Law wasn't playing.  Who who do RM posters usually scapegoat instead ? Wilson ? 

Okay then my bad,  it was Wilson's fault. Sorted. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much that we tried to pass the ball in the net, it's that Alloa narrowed the pitch by a huge amount which allowed them to sit static in their box blocking everything, even when we had the ball at the byline, we hit at least 5 shots from outside the box today, we had 23 corners, at least 10 of which were whipped in high, most of those corners were because of blocked shots and because it was so narrow

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We played really well today. We dominated essentially the whole match. We wasted a bunch of chances, had very little luck, and conceded a soft goal.

But we played really well.

Creampuff by name, creampuff by nature ! Some call it diplomacy ! :sherlock:(tu):D

8 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

It's not so much that we tried to pass the ball in the net, it's that Alloa narrowed the pitch by a huge amount which allowed them to sit static in their box blocking everything, even when we had the ball at the byline, we hit at least 5 shots from outside the box today, we had 23 corners, at least 10 of which were whipped in high, most of those corners were because of blocked shots and because it was so narrow

Nothing to do with the pitch, we had enough chances to win it.

9 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We played really well today. We dominated essentially the whole match. We wasted a bunch of chances, had very little luck, and conceded a soft goal.

But we played really well.

Wouldn't say we were really good either, were average for most of the game imo.

It's ridiculous the amount of abuse Wilson gets.

He's the easy target and the scapegoat, and I'd go as far as to say most of the abuse is idiots jumping on the bandwagon - mostly for nonfootballing reasons. 

Of all the people to blame today, Wilson is way down the list. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Dude it was Alloa and we lost the type of goal that's been happening all season .Pitiful defending and puts the team under big pressure after that .Missed chances is nothing new either but for me ,the weakness is our defence 

We shouldn't be in the position that one defensive mistake is costing us 2 points.

Yes the goal they scored was weak from us, but missing about 20 chances at the other end of the park is what cost us today.  If we bury even a fifth of the chances we had today, we would have won easily.  The weak, scared to shoot, complacent attack is 100% to blame for todays dropped points IMO.

Wilson is our very own panto villain I'm afraid. This team are streaks ahead of any of our opposition. Once MW batters it out of them in holding onto the ball too long we will be scoring barrow loads again.

However, our biggest weakness remains our CD and Wilson is the weakest of the three IMO. He shows that he hasn't got the guile nor the pace. He appears not to read the game well in front of him and reacts far too late. He is a big lad, but intimidates no one. Sorry, but I don't see many pluses in him. We do need a change in the summer with a commanding stalwart coming in.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We shouldn't be in the position that one defensive mistake is costing us 2 points.

Yes the goal they scored was weak from us, but missing about 20 chances at the other end of the park is what cost us today.  If we bury even a fifth of the chances we had today, we would have won easily.  The weak, scared to shoot, complacent attack is 100% to blame for todays dropped points IMO.

Scared to shoot jumps out of that post.  Halliday is the only midfield player prepared to shoot from outside the box and his boots were on the wrong feet today but at least he had a few efforts.

Liked the look of MOH today and King Billy brought some much needed urgency.  Thought mckay should have been hooked, had lots of the ball contriving only to give it away numerous times.

Manager needs to get players to step up the urgency when we are level not when we go behind.

7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Have to disagree on this one. We won't be the first good team to go through lean times because of missed chances by forwards, after retaining 75% possession in a game. When we do come up against better opposition in the top tier, our goal scoring chances will be much less and we will be relying on our defensive capabilities so much more. I for one do not wish to be holding on to a 1-0 lead at the scum dome to win the title, then a poor central defender goes and blows it for us. Now that is what I call unforgivable.

Sorry, but the lad Wilson just ain't good enough for all the reasons I stated above. Our attacking play can be sorted on the training ground, but lack of natural ability cannot. He will do for now, because overall we have a good team and we can usually and quite easily get that winning goal, but in the top tier, he will literally be slaughtered and we will lose as a consequence of that weakness.

ball so on loan and probably won't be here long term  so we should get right behind Wilson and let him know that we will be with him at sticky patches and that goes for the rest of the team. I hate slating players who play for us and even more so when its constantly the same player, the whipping boy or scapegoat we shouldn't have them

12 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Och fucking get off of it.

Some on here can't wait for us to drop points so they can have a fucking whinge. Wilson had a really good game today.

There are quite a few who seem to have the same comments prepared before even match and are always greeting on the match thread.  Most never seem to go to games.  

Manager needs to tell players we're not on the trinity ground and to up the tempo.  Do that and we'll be fine, oh and FFS stop the floaters into the box.

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

There are quite a few who seem to have the same comments prepared before even match and are always greeting on the match thread.  Most never seem to go to games.  

Manager needs to tell players we're not on the trinity ground and to up the tempo.  Do that and we'll be fine, oh and FFS stop the floaters into the box.

Exactly. Just jumping on the bandwagon. 

Some of the zoomers on the match day thread have clearly never been to Ibrox. 

We need to put every effort into going 3 ahead in each game. Then the more relaxed style that we play too often can be used.

Our biggest problem in not putting away these teams with ease is that we are not building a reputation that will put fear into teams playing us next year.

They will believe they can beat us, which will have them even more up for it. We could do with the reputation of fortress Ibrox being built again, and also be seen as very effective and ruthless when playing away.

I reckon they already fear what MW is doing with us but 1-1 against Alloa sends out a very mixed message.

Wilson seems to be the goto guy for the boo boys (both on here and at games)

But Tav was rank for weeks and it was hardly mentioned, and in fact he's only been better than average recently!

Its just the usual from us as fans one player is picked out for the abuse when things are going badly no matter how many other players are as bad!