Danny Wilson

Essandoh

3 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

If you watch the highlights of the last two games, Wilson hit a header off the bar against Kilmarnock at about 70 mins, and he also nearly scored into the top corner yesterday from a shot inside the box which forced their keeper into a bit of a wonder save. I think he has looked resolute in recent weeks, along with Kiernan and apart from a lucky corner yesterday they have been solid.

He's been unlucky with a couple of efforts.

Doesn't make him a great defender.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Will you be slaughtering Tav as well? What about Kiernan? Wallace? Fod? All could be argued to have been at fault individually for goals we've conceded this year. All have made blatant errors that cost us goals. 

Wallace was slaughtered for 3 years and I was one, obviously not on here. Kiernan and Foderingham have both been slaughtered a lot this season. It was clear on here when Tavernier was doing shite.

Wilson has been slaughtered on here as well, maybe more than the rest and rightfully so imo, but he's not been the only one. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He's being targeted unfairly, when the likes of Wallace and Tavernier have been far more culpable defensively this season. Not so much at Ibrox, but online here, which says it all. 

In what way has Wallace been more culpable that Wilson defensively? Wallace has been fairly consistently average but culpable?

And not one person who sits around me rates Wilson highly. Bar none, the preference is Ball Kiernan partnership at the back. Maybe we should boo him more so he knows. ....

Was he the reason we lost points yesterday?  Whether he's good enough long term is a different debate but I feel a bit disappointed that he's singled out week after week when that's the first goal we've conceded in several games. There's plenty more that should have the finger pointed at them than Wilson in the last month. In fact. forget the finger, some need a boot up the backside. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Seems to be this notion that Wilson has cost us many goals this season, but has he really? Or has our other defenders cost us goals?

Hidden Content

Kiernan has been more culpable than Wilson, yet all we hear is Wilson is shit, cost us goals. But But But.... Big Kiernan is a rock and playing great. This will be conveniently ignored as per usual.

I've not seen anyone actually say Kiernan is great. I don't think either are good enough. We won't get away with it next season against better teams if we're to get promoted. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Really mate?

Must have missed some of these threads, calling him 'Kaiser' future captain, excellent etc...

I agree, I'm not fully convinced by any of the three. Ball is massively overrated on here. For some reason only Wilson gets slated and the other two get away with poor positioning and individual errors. Our defenders are night and day to what we've had last 3 years, but can they make the step up next season? Hopefully.

:beer1:I may be biased.

Also he's been captain before like Wilson, Don't see him being captain at Rangers though. 

Wilson will be fine when we go up as he's been there before and done well so I expect him to do the same when we get back up. Anyone who wants/thinks ball and Keirnan will be the defensive partnership when we go up must remember ball is on loan and I don't think there's much of a chance he will sign long term so we can't have a team built round him. Wilson and Keirnan will come together well once we are playing stronger teams week in week out.