Warburton, Miller & MOH Post Match Interviews (Alloa)

Laudrup1984

2 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Can't watch just now, he raging? 

Frustrated, players irate, angry, need to be more clinical, Some good performances that will go unnoticed due to the result. Spoke of the danger of giving away one corner, one free kick yet it happened. Pleased for MOH. Good for Holt to get an hour. Could have won easily on another day.....

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Frustrated, players irate, angry, need to be more clinical, Some good performances that will go unnoticed due to the result. Spoke of the danger of giving away one corner, one free kick yet it happened. Pleased for MOH. Good for Holt to get an hour. Could have won easily on another day.....

Any other day and we probably would have. Think we just need to put this one to bed and get looking forward to Tuesday! 

I do wonder - even with DW's insight into all that is important to Rangers and the Support this season - whether MW really knows deeply enough just how much pressure will be building in the run up to the prizes being dished out at the end of the season.   Not just pressure on MW but pressure on the players.    A far more experienced bunch could not handle it last season albeit they had 3 managers during the course of the season.   It's nothing like any football management pressure he will have experienced before.    I think he is a good enough manager.   But whether he is a good enough leader to handle this and to generate a league winning momentum from players who simply cannot seem to take chances created is another matter.  Games like today add to that pressure.  And a bit like last season, it was avoidable pressure if players perform as they are capable of during games.    

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

He's right though. Totally one sided but woeful finishing cost us the points.

What do you expect him to say?

I'd like to hear him say that he's going to try doing some things differently, while keeping up with the expansive ethos.

It must be heartening for opposition teams to hear that we're going to carry on barraging their goal as they will just carry on defending deeper and deeper hoping to get lucky as Alloa did today and others are beginning to catch on to as well.

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

I'd like to hear him say that he's going to try doing some things differently, while keeping up with the expansive ethos.

It must be heartening for opposition teams to hear that we're going to carry on barraging their goal as they will just carry on defending deeper and deeper hoping to get lucky as Alloa did today and others are beginning to catch on to as well.

Nothing wrong with the tactics for me, if the players had their shooting boots on we would have been raving about a great performance with another 5 or 6 goal victory. Instead it turned out to be a very frustrating game.

I don't ever remember a period where we were dominant, even under WS, and we didn't have days where we couldn't break down a 10 man defence. 

It happens, often against teams that have nothing g to lose. We just need to get behind them on Tuesday. The players are more than good enough. 

They sound as mystified as the rest of us at dropping points,in my opinion for what it's worth,we need an out and out poacher. Someone who practically lives in the oppositions penalty area. It's all well and good having 75%+ possession but footballs about goals and we've lot our touch. I'm glad they're angry/dejected after that result,hopefully it will make them more determined on Tuesday.

12 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Why would you try something different ? 25 attempts at goal , it was a combination of three , good goalkeeping , luck , and dreadful finishing 

looking at some people's comments since the result :power_of_anguish: The sort of comments I would expect Hubz fans etc. to make.

At least our player and manager pressers fill you with belief that we won't let any more teams draw with us, they are probably more irate about the draw than the dour people moaning about it here, their heads are firmly screwed on (unlike some) and they are irate at the result, without channeling it the wrong way.

I guess it's just the cool thing to try and do, to try and spit the dummy out the pram, or try pretend that you know what's wrong when you don't when it isn't 4-0 every week. The same people trying to slate our results etc were like this at the start of the season :crywank: [or were they] (and will be like that come the end of this season) so get off the team's back and stop douring things up, coming on here and posting negative stuff doesn't help anyone, neither does coming on here and saying Hubz will win because they're not going to.

31 minutes ago, lutonblue said:

Why would you try something different ? 25 attempts at goal , it was a combination of three , good goalkeeping , luck , and dreadful finishing 

I remember one match where Man United hit 70 crosses into the box against West Ham and didn't score from one of them. I think all of the "try something different" brigade act as if that's what is happens to us every match :lol: Even the RTV commentators said at around 30 minutes 'Rangers are excellent at mixing their attacks up'

2 hours ago, lutonblue said:

I said some things differently, not the whole ethos. Anyway, going by your reasoning, you think that the difference  between Rangers and Alloa is luck.

They certainly seem to be a luckier team than us  in games between us lately!

15 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I said some things differently, not the whole ethos. Anyway, going by your reasoning, you think that the difference  between Rangers and Alloa is luck.

They certainly seem to be a luckier team than us  in games between us lately!

No, most of it was woeful finishing 

14 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Nothing wrong with the tactics for me, if the players had their shooting boots on we would have been raving about a great performance with another 5 or 6 goal victory. Instead it turned out to be a very frustrating game.

I thought it was a good performance despite the score , I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating chances but that clearly wasn't the case today. In fact , I could say that with all the games we've dropped points in , that at least we are still creating.  

Sometimes you just get games like that .