Are Hibs strong enough to catch us?

Creampuff

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Amato said:

The difference between us and Hibs is that we completely dominate possession and chances created in the games we don't win. Hibs on the other hand were lucky not to lose tonight

That's the way I see it too. 

Cant see them keeping it up though and I do expect them to go through a spell where they will drop silly points. 

Hibs have been getting results from tight games all season, which is a sign of champions. They are a real threat and must be treated as one. They have the 2 best CFs in the league IMO and a good midfield. We will win it through having a better squad, but it will go to the last few weeks.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, soulboy said:

We have 12 games left they have 13 the way I look at it is they have to win 3 more games than us.

we've lost 2 in 24 and  would need to lose 3 in 12 so no they're not strong enough to catch us

do you know how draws work?

30 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Hibs have been getting results from tight games all season, which is a sign of champions. They are a real threat and must be treated as one. They have the 2 best CFs in the league IMO and a good midfield. We will win it through having a better squad, but it will go to the last few weeks.

Sign of champions? They knew our result before they kicked off and had a real opportunity. They blew it again. They are no threat. Aye Stokesy is a footballing god eh? Cannae do it on a cold windy night in Livi... Their midfield are dross, Henderson and Fyvie are dirty wee players. We will win it but Hibs wont even be close.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Sign of champions? They knew our result before they kicked off and had a real opportunity. They blew it again. They are no threat. Aye Stokesy is a footballing god eh? Cannae do it on a cold windy night in Livi... Their midfield are dross, Henderson and Fyvie are dirty wee players. We will win it but Hibs wont even be close.

We're into the final third of the season, we're 8 points clear having played an extra game, while still having to play them again, so if things don't go our way, we could be down to 2 points clear.

They are in this race, make no mistake about it.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

Bit of a let off today.   :) 

Fuck it,  I'll take it.  We can just pretend today didn't happen :lol:

2 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

More relieved than happy I suppose thank fuck Hibs bottled it 

relieved ? we need to defend better and finish better ? 

Was checking the hivs match score online on BBC ( I know but it loads quickest ) at various points.

then noticed the short report on our match saying how it was a tight match. This was a bit let down with the graphic beside it saying we had 25 shots, 10 on target. Alloa had 2. :)

:mutley:  fucking BBC.

1 hour ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Tbf I thought we played decent today, however we definitely need to take more of our chances as that can be a wee bit of a concern, As today showed. On the bright side I Thought O halloran and king was decent when he came on, also thought big rob was solid again!

did he not sell the goal ??? on their only real attempt on goal ????:hanged:

We got lucky big time today - time we reflect and hibs are our only threat now

But the  only time to dismiss the them is at the end of the season .

Would like to see us revert back to the team at the start of the season that were confident - the new players coming in have done ok but had an adverse affect on the base we had

Hibs have enough - too good like ourselves to be in this league and the cup runs show this .

Are Hibs strong enough to catch us?  I guess there is a big 'it depends'.

Can we stop squandering so many chances - take more - and win more games than Hibs to the end of the season?   If 'yes' then no they wont catch us.  But if not...........

Do the team / squad and Manager have the strength of character and resolve and hunger - yes hunger - to see the job of winning the Championship through to the end?   If 'yes' then we will have a great last third of the season and its promotion as planned.  If 'no' then some very nervy games ahead including against Falkirk and Hibs so plenty for them to fight for if they felt we might bottle it like last year.

We are in the driving seat.   Getting back to winning games week in and week out lessens the pressure and makes for a much more enjoyable end to the season where we don't have to keep an eye in the mirror about what Hibs are doing.   Its as simple as that.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't think they have enough to catch us, but we do have the tougher fixture list. We've dropped points in five matches this season, we have 4 of those fixtures in the our remaining 12. 

We must improve the results away to Hibs and Falkirk. Worst case scenario, Hibs win their game in hand and we lose both those matches. Means we need to get 1 extra point on Hibs in the remaining 10 fixtures. A draw or victory at Easter Road ends any glimmer of hope for them.

improve results ? bottom of the league alloa 1-1 ????? lucky they couldnae beat livi  :power_of_anguish:

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

:D

Can't believe we've gotten away with that.

It was a nice wee boost to hear after attending to my family duties.

I just wish we;d shoot earlier, rather than walking it into the net, or failing to do so. That said, had the quality of shooting been better, we wouldn't have been concerned. 

I think Waghorn needs a break. Also very frustrating to lose a goal so cheaply. 

Hibs weren't completely surprising, though. They do bottle it. 

Don't think anyone can say for sure the title is ours.the pressure is now increasing with every game ,and it shows in our finishing with players snatching at the ball.we have a lot of young players in the side and no one knows how they are going to handle the run in.ive seen many good teams Rangers and others crack going into the last weeks of the season ,so this one has a bit to run yet IMO.