Are Hibs strong enough to catch us?

Creampuff

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dalton said:

We got lucky big time today - time we reflect and hibs are our only threat now

But the  only time to dismiss the them is at the end of the season .

Would like to see us revert back to the team at the start of the season that were confident - the new players coming in have done ok but had an adverse affect on the base we had

Hibs have enough - too good like ourselves to be in this league and the cup runs show this .

Aye O'Halloran had a horribly adverse effect today :541:

4 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Think there may be a few more bullets to dodge before this is over .we are nowhere near the team some on here think .not bringing in a goal scorer could yet come back to bite us.but not to worry MW says the stats are good.my fuckin arse

We score much more goals than anyone else and we are top of the Championship with a nice we point gap without a new striker.

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

I still think the way we're struggling to finish off teams with so much possession, will see us fight right to the end of the season to win the league

I agree its something that was even discussed yesterday as the same seems to be happening at Under 20's.

3 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I still think the way we're struggling to finish off teams with so much possession, will see us fight right to the end of the season to win the league

80% of the time we do finish teams off. That's why we're top by 8 points, scoring 66 goals and only conceded 17.

But some choose to just focus on the few bad days.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree its something that was even discussed yesterday as the same seems to be happening at Under 20's.

I'm not too worried about youth leagues, if it's helping players progress towards a higher level then great but the first team needs to get this league done and dusted as soon as possible. Next year we need at least one clinical striker

7 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

There'll be a few nervy moments, but the spoon burners really did let a great opportunity slip today.

I'd go so far as to say that will see us home.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

There'll be a few nervy moments, but the spoon burners really did let a great opportunity slip today.

I'd go so far as to say that will see us home.

I hope so, i watched a bit of their game against Hibs and they were out on their arse after the first half and Hibs looked stronger but not near us in terms of fitness. Stokes looked utter crap for Hibs as well.

I think we could beat both teams with our level of fitness.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

80% of the time we do finish teams off. That's why we're top by 8 points, scoring 66 goals and only conceded 17.

It's not that at all bud. If hibs had won tonight and they'd won their game in hand it's down to 3 points, we're heading to ER in a few weeks. We're outplaying teams by a country mile and not finishing them off early. 

I just want us over the line and get planning for the premiership. We'll need to be much more clinical then.

26 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

leagues in our hands. Couldn't of expected much more at this stage of our development. Hibs will struggle to go up through the play offs

Agree, 'Hibs will struggle to go up through the play offs'.

There has been a few games when the have sneaked it, compared to us where we have played well and never got it over the line.

They are not as good as some make out and the play offs could really set them back big style, currently over spending to keep up a challenge and if not promoted they will fall back into the crowd.

There support will take a hit, dwindling and those that do continue to buy into this club will have to pay a premium to cover some of the shortfall.     

Just now, Carling1873 said:

Agree, 'Hibs will struggle to go up through the play offs'.

There has been a few games when the have sneaked it, compared to us where we have played well and never got it over the line.

They are not as good as some make out and the play offs could really set them back big style, currently over spending to keep up a challenge and if not promoted they will fall back into the crowd.

There support will take a hit, dwindling and those that do continue to buy into this club will have to pay a premium to cover some of the shortfall.     

The play offs suit the Premier league team as they dont have all the games to play in such a short space of time.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I hope so, i watched a bit of their game against Hibs and they were out on their arse after the first half and Hibs looked stronger but not near us in terms of fitness. Stokes looked utter crap for Hibs as well.

I think we could beat both teams with our level of fitness.

As long as our finishing is as slipshod, we'll make problems for ourselves, but the fitness (& law of averages) should get us through.

There will only be so many opportunities for anybody to make up ground and that was a bad miss for them today.

Chips away at their belief &, as you say, there for the beating.

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

The play offs suit the Premier league team as they dont have all the games to play in such a short space of time.

19 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Yeah waited in their favour, so think they will struggle and Subbsy knows it.

Don't agree. You could also argue that the team in the top division will lack match sharpness. Think how Hibs actually got relegated. It was a two legged affair against the team going up, Accies.

We'll go up as winners and Hibs will go up through the play-offs.

I do think though that the play-offs should be equal. Right now we play Championship 3v4, 4v3, winner v 2, 2 v winner then the Premiership team gets a go. If there's 4 teams then how about this for a proposal? It's still weighted in favour of the top division (in terms of numbers) but makes it fair in a sporting sense. It's actually pretty obvious...

A: CH4 vs SP11 (2legs)

B: CH2 vs CH3 (2 legs)

Winner A vs Winner B. duh (1 leg neutral venue in my opinion. Still protecting those precious members of the top league by virtue of the fact that they only have one member competing in play-offs compared to 3 from the lower league. (IMO that's not exactly fair either but it shows how unfair the current set up is).

I'm too drunk too read all the thread so it might have already been said but the only team who can stop us winning thr league is ourself,  hibs are irrelevant... We start taking our chances and we will fucking skoosh this shit division.. 11  or 12 games to go  Bears and we will be back in the top league and its game fucking on .....  

FUCK YOU HIBEES

At least Hibs got to play on a pitch that hadn't been redrawn for one game alone. Does anybody honestly think that Alloa will do the same when Hibs come calling? One would think as they were able to steal a point from Rangers they would be keeping their pitch at its new size for the rest of the season in an attempt to avoid the drop. If they don't some might question if there was any collusion to try and set up a situation where Hibs would be offered an opportunity to make up ground on us with their game being a later KO. The fact is Alloa were luck to get a draw to day even with their incredible shrinking pitch and Hibs still couldn't capitalise on it.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't agree. You could also argue that the team in the top division will lack match sharpness. Think how Hibs actually got relegated. It was a two legged affair against the team going up, Accies.

We'll go up as winners and Hibs will go up through the play-offs.

I do think though that the play-offs should be equal. Right now we play Championship 3v4, 4v3, winner v 2, 2 v winner then the Premiership team gets a go. If there's 4 teams then how about this for a proposal? It's still weighted in favour of the top division (in terms of numbers) but makes it fair in a sporting sense. It's actually pretty obvious...

A: CH4 vs SP11 (2legs)

B: CH2 vs CH3 (2 legs)

Winner A vs Winner B. duh (1 leg neutral venue in my opinion. Still protecting those precious members of the top league by virtue of the fact that they only have one member competing in play-offs compared to 3 from the lower league. (IMO that's not exactly fair either but it shows how unfair the current set up is).

Looks like you have put a bit of though into this, however the play offs will always favour the SPFL teams, just take a look at the cable currently controlling the game.  

32 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

No I focus on the fact, Warburton still hasn't address the two major problems scoring goals, and not conceding needless goals, the former takes care of the latter. With all the attacking midfielders and we have plenty, he had to send on Miller to play in basically a midfield role to ramp up our game play. this manager is not fooling me, he does not know how to set up a forward line to score goals, earlier in the season he had the full backs scoring goals, but when you look at some of the top teams and possibly any other team in the world, strikers score the majority of the teams goals. The big problem for Warburton, is that he will have to sort it out the problem or the problem will sort him out by being sacked as a failure.

6 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

No I focus on the fact, Warburton still hasn't address the two major problems scoring goals, and not conceding needless goals, the former takes care of the latter. With all the attacking midfielders and we have plenty, he had to send on Miller to play in basically a midfield role to ramp up our game play. this manager is not fooling me, he does not know how to set up a forward line to score goals, earlier in the season he had the full backs scoring goals, but when you look at some of the top teams and possibly any other team in the world, strikers score the majority of the teams goals. The big problem for Warburton, is that he will have to sort it out the problem or the problem will sort him out by being sacked as a failure.

:lol: The goals will come again....Calm doon ffs

3 minutes ago, The Educator said:

At least Hibs got to play on a pitch that hadn't been redrawn for one game alone. Does anybody honestly think that Alloa will do the same when Hibs come calling? One would think as they were able to steal a point from Rangers they would be keeping their pitch at its new size for the rest of the season in an attempt to avoid the drop. If they don't some might question if there was any collusion to try and set up a situation where Hibs would be offered an opportunity to make up ground on us with their game being a later KO. The fact is Alloa were luck to get a draw to day even with their incredible shrinking pitch and Hibs still couldn't capitalise on it.

In fairness, they may have lost out by playing so late, with snow on the ground that wasn't shifting, so that may have been an inadvertent leveller.

Anyway, they failed to take advantage of our slip, so no ground lost.

As for collusion?

As long as pitch boundaries are within the rules, people can do what they like.

We did it against Kiev, so why castigate anyone else for it?