Are Hibs strong enough to catch us?

Creampuff

Don't think Hib's are good enough to catch us, but they have had a far better season than I thought they would.

The only problem I see is that teams are still more likely to sit in against us than them, and if we don't start being more clinical then we are going to heap lots more pressure on ourselves.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams in this league are absolutely woeful and a lot poorer from season gone by.

the only way they are coping with us is to sit in and have 11 men behind the ball. We would hammer these teams if they came out to play. I've no issue with that as teams do what they have to do to get a point off us but they don't seem to do it with hibs

Hubz won't be catching up with us on points this season, that's a fact :burt::541:

I watched the full Hubz 90 minutes against Livi 0-0 yesterday, instead of coming on here before that match and saying "Hibs will catch us" "Stokes will score barrel loads for them" etc like other people were doing yesterday :power_of_anguish: You've got to support your team not spit the dummy out when our 25 shots don't get more than one goal every match, cause the people who try spit the dummy out just bring negativity towards our players from the stand then don't support them unless it's 4-0, we don't really need that. I think it will be a win on Tuesday, a win in the next league match, a win against Hibs next game then all the people crying about a draw will stop moaning hopefully, our team already are irate at the draw if you watch their interviews

1 hour ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Hubz won't be catching up with us on points this season, that's a fact :burt::541:

I watched the full Hubz 90 minutes against Livi 0-0 yesterday, instead of coming on here before that match and saying "Hibs will catch us" "Stokes will score barrel loads for them" etc like other people were doing yesterday :power_of_anguish: You've got to support your team not spit the dummy out when our 25 shots don't get more than one goal every match, cause the people who try spit the dummy out just bring negativity towards our players from the stand then don't support them unless it's 4-0, we don't really need that. I think it will be a win on Tuesday, a win in the next league match, a win against Hibs next game then all the people crying about a draw will stop moaning hopefully, our team already are irate at the draw if you watch their interviews

Spot on mate, just shows that a few folk have egg on their faces this morning, but it won't stop them moaning, it's what they do best.  

I watched the full Hibs game against Livi... (dont shoot me) and two things about it annoyed me.

1... Hibs actually tried playing football. Against us and against Hearts (from what I saw of the cup game) Hibs do nothing but barge in and try halfing the opponent players in two. Every time. And they get away with it. Against Livi some of their players looked like they were bottling it.

2... Livi actually tried playing football. Against us... and most other teams... Livi throw ten men behind the ball. Against Hibs (the so called team strong enough to contest the league against Rangers), Livi actually played some good attaking 4 4 2 football. 

For those that didnt watch the game, Livi were unlucky not to win. Shots cleared, shot off the crossbar etc...

No. They're not strong enough or good enough to catch us. They've done a wee bit better than I expected and given us a good title go so far but the monute Warburton came in in the summer then there was only ever going to be one winner.

Yesterday was frustrating as fuck, but with about 70% possession and dominating the game we are on the right track.

They have beaten Aberdeen ,Dundee Hivs and StJohnstone on their way to the League Cup Final and drawn away to Hearts in the Scottish,we have been gubbed at home and drew with both St Johnstone and Kilmarnock,two teams we beat last year easily.

3 minutes ago, bigsy said:

They have beaten Aberdeen ,Dundee Hivs and StJohnstone on their way to the League Cup Final and drawn away to Hearts in the Scottish,we have been gubbed at home and drew with both St Johnstone and Kilmarnock,two teams we beat last year easily.

Emmmmm what's the table say.......

6 minutes ago, bigsy said:

They have not done well against us or Falkirk. i have said the same about Warburtons record against the SPL teams which is not great but will change for the positive on Tuesday. 

Hibs stats against the SPL teams really have no bearing on our league, unless they make the play offs.

11 minutes ago, bigsy said:

So your point is we were a better team last year?  

29 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:
38 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Emmmmm what's the table say.......

So your point is we were a better team last year?  

Not saying that,just stating they have beaten teams from the League above while we have struggled,we have improved from last year but still think we have a long way to go and need a few signings.

Just now, bigsy said:

Not saying that,just stating they have beaten teams from the League above while we have struggled,we have improved from last year but still think we have a long way to go and need a few signings.

Makes nae sense I wouldn't swap the positions now and be in a. League cup final 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

,,.Makes nae sense I wouldn't swap the positions now and be in a. League cup final 

I wouldn't swap either mate,just saying they shouldn't be written off and it will be closer than what a lot of people think.

9 minutes ago, bigsy said:

I wouldn't swap either mate,just saying they shouldn't be written off and it will be closer than what a lot of people think.

It could be, they have done better than I expected then again so has Warburton with less time to build a Squad than Stubbs and get to know the league.

He's our Ace card.

21 hours ago, The Educator said:

At least Hibs got to play on a pitch that hadn't been redrawn for one game alone. Does anybody honestly think that Alloa will do the same when Hibs come calling? One would think as they were able to steal a point from Rangers they would be keeping their pitch at its new size for the rest of the season in an attempt to avoid the drop. If they don't some might question if there was any collusion to try and set up a situation where Hibs would be offered an opportunity to make up ground on us with their game being a later KO. The fact is Alloa were luck to get a draw to day even with their incredible shrinking pitch and Hibs still couldn't capitalise on it.

you do realise that their pitch was altered a few weeks ago, Falkirk have already played on it, and it can only be changed once a season, so it stays as it is for the rest of this season!

10 minutes ago, bigsy said:

You need to remember that when St Johnstone beat us we were a relatively new team. Since then teams have parked the bus and it is hard to break them down. When teams play against hibs they obviously fancy their chances and it is more open play. If they did that against us then we would give most teams a doing. I think Kilmarnock will play more open against us because they are at home so I am expecting us to win.  

If we can win the next head to head in Edinburgh then automatic promotion is ours.  Assuming of course, that we win all our league games between now and them.  The team is more than capable but it's just not been happening in the last few games.

1 hour ago, mus said:

you do realise that their pitch was altered a few weeks ago, Falkirk have already played on it, and it can only be changed once a season, so it stays as it is for the rest of this season!

Can you please point to the rule about bring changed once per seaon, thanks.