Top Goalscorers

McDermid

I've been searching for this for a while and just thought someone on this must know. 

Obviously Ally is our top scorer ever with 355 and Bob McPhail comes in second, but, does anyone actually know our top ten leading scorers ever?

11 minutes ago, McDermid said:

I've been searching for this for a while and just thought someone on this must know. 

Obviously Ally is our top scorer ever with 355 and Bob McPhail comes in second, but, does anyone actually know our top ten leading scorers ever?

Jimmy Smith scored around d 230 goals so must be up there

Jimmy fleming..... 220

DJ....210

Ralph Brand.... 206

Willie thornton 194

Kane Hemmings might have scored 500 if we kept him

38 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

You should invent some sort of internet search engine people could use to find out such information. Then you'd just need to invent the internet. It would be a billion dollar idea and would solve all your problems. 

I've searched the Internet for this a fair amount, but there's no information on it at all. Try searching for it and prove me wrong 

8 minutes ago, McDermid said:

I've searched the Internet for this a fair amount, but there's no information on it at all. Try searching for it and prove me wrong 

Type in "rangers all time top goal scorers"  top link

0.22 seconds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rangers_F.C._records_and_statistics

39 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Jimmy Smith scored around d 230 goals so must be up there

Jimmy fleming..... 220

DJ....210

Ralph Brand.... 206

Willie thornton 194

Kane Hemmings might have scored 500 if we kept him

That just about covers it, although Jimmy Smith scored 249 goals in total from 259 appearances  (225 League goals in 234 appearances) :pipe:

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Helluva ratio

It sure was s_d. I would imagine that he would have to have one of the best Goals to games ratio of any Rangers forward in our history. I'll have a look and see if I can find anybody with a better one.  :pipe:

19 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It sure was s_d. I would imagine that he would have to have one of the best Goals to games ratio of any Rangers forward in our history. I'll have a look and see if I can find anybody with a better one.  :pipe:

Him and RC Hamilton have the best ratios for gers goal scorers over 100+ , Fleming would actually be top goal scorer of all time and not mccoist if his war time goals counted 

28 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Him and RC Hamilton have the best ratios for gers goal scorers over 100+ , Fleming would actually be top goal scorer of all time and not mccoist if his war time goals counted 

Jimmy Fleming played for Rangers between 1925- 1934 where he scored 223 Goals in 2698 games, so how could his "war time goals" be counted....or have I read your post wrongly?

2 hours ago, The Socrates. said:

He played some amount of games in only 9 years 

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Jimmy Fleming played for Rangers between 1925- 1934 where he scored 223 Goals in 2698 games, so how could his "war time goals" be counted....or have I read your post wrongly?

Was my bad I meant Jimmy smith not Fleming

8 hours ago, The Socrates. said:

He played some amount of games in only 9 years 

Yea mate! 2698 is a fucking lot of games. He would have played more but he was injured for 3 weeks :P Of course it should have read 268 games.

Fat finger Loyal  :mutley:

5 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Was my bad I meant Jimmy smith not Fleming

Now you're cooking with gas,mate! Big Jimmy was a legend and according to people around my area who knew him, he was a laugh a minute big burly guy,but he certainly took his goal scoring seriously,as his 249 Goals in 259 appearances would suggest.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Now you're cooking with gas,mate! Big Jimmy was a legend and according to people around my area who knew him, he was a laugh a minute big burly guy,but he certainly took his goal scoring seriously,as his 249 Goals in 259 appearances would suggest.

I'll try find a website I had a year or so ago and it showed goals for Scottish football even during war time and I'm sure his overall tally went to around 460 goals

4 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I'll try find a website I had a year or so ago and it showed goals for Scottish football even during war time and I'm sure his overall tally went to around 460 goals

That would be an interesting site. I've got every League and cups information from the very existence of Scottish football but it doesn't give any information about the goalscorers.

I don't know how many he scored but it was a bloody lot. I'll ask my Uncle Jimmy who is 92 yrs old if he has any idea.He has a memory like a steel trap,although he is just out of Hospital after a brain scare,so he might not remember....worth a try though. :pipe: