The Ego Has Landed

D'Artagnan

12 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I would like too think that the BBC will now ignore him and give him no more airtime after his trashing of their apology.

Not while head of Sportsound, Thomas Conner holds his position.

Season ticket holder at Saville Row, rhabid  beggar and all round Rangers hater 

Yet to see any actual evidence that he was ever a Rangers supporter,I think that's another one of his whoppers.

He's a typical snobby middle class so called Protestant who like the rest of the chattering classes in Scotland prefer the downtrodden impoverished provos who play in green and white.

11 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

Good piece but Spiers is history now. That's exactly where he should stay, any mention of him just gives him air time. Fuck that, keep him where he belongs, nowhere.

He's not history though when he still gets the platform to spout his shite on programmes like Off the Ball. The club need to look at any legal action that can be taken against him as an individual as they did with him as a Herald employee.

These people are underqualified attention seekers, Hag in particular has an NVQ in journalism and not much else, the media or is that mhedia in Scotland are lazy hacks, who rely on these buffoons to sell their crap, thus giving nutrition to these bigoted no life's.

Cheers for that D'Art,another great piece. Still think we should not let our guards down with that cunt spiers.A horrible cunt is always going to be a horrible cunt, he will continue his attack on our club from every outlet now left available to him. and the ones who allow him airtime might not take our side when we complain. He is not away yet!!!!    

The club should have put a quiet word in the ears of the directors, editors and hosts of these various news and affairs outlets. Warning them if they allow Spiers a platform to tell lies about the club, they will be held accountable in law.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

What an article well done D'Art do you fancy Chris Grahams old role as "fan defender" by any chance?

I actually see that role as being shared by every one of us Straight Edge, as per John Allan's famous quote.

“May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared, by precept and example, to protect its interests and its good name."

43 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I actually see that role as being shared by every one of us Straight Edge, as per John Allan's famous quote.

“May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared, by precept and example, to protect its interests and its good name."

I do agree with you that we all need to defend our club but equally I think that there is a need for someone like your good self to stand up and make himself a rallying point for us too

Spiers himself has always struck me as a stranger to football.

It is as though he is a cookery writer or badminton expert who has been asked to turn his hand to fill in for a sick colleague's football column.

Having no real instinct for the game, it is no surprise that making stuff up has caught up with him.

5 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

In tweeting that he 'happily dynamite my position' he is stating that he knew he would be fired.  So presumably he is not now maintaining that he was telling the truth?  Otherwise how would he know he would be fired?

Quite.  Found that curious myself.

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

If it was true - if -  and a current Rangers director did call the The Billy Boys " a great song" in August of last year, what is a shame is that Rangers felt they had to complain to the Herald about Spiers column where he questioned the mettle of the board to tackle offensive chanting - because TBB is a great song - thats why people want it banned.

The narrative from Rangers to the Herald  was that "you need to prove someone said that" - as if someone at Rangers had done something wrong. What a fantastic opportunity that was to get TBB as a national talking point that could be discussed openly between the Rangers board/fans groups and the Government and police in order to establish some sort of ground rules - to change the lyrics to "big trophies" for example - in order that people are not being arrested for singing it, and Directors can say they like it without fear of media persecution and being labelled bigots.

Its all well and good Spiers getting the sack - but I do believe that with the approach Rangers took, a boat was missed, as the stance Rangers took re-enforced the "criminality" of the song. 

My thoughts are that If TBB is to make a comeback without people being arrested, the club has to take a lead in driving those conversations at a national level. A topic on it in the Bears Den every couple of months wont do it. Instead, Ranger have consigned any discussion around TBB to back room lawyers to protect individual directors - individuals simply accused of saying they like a song. Think about that.

Brilliant post mate, well said..................(tu)

I'm certain he used the term "semtex moment" to describe his refusal to abide by Llewellen's stricture. I notice how he has sleekitly avoided using this terminology in any of his tweets,posts, utterances since then, perhaps he decided it was too incendiary?

The man's a cunt of the highest order anyway.

Sorry that I have to add my preference to change fenian to rebel. As that lot across the city see themselves as rebels. So the change would really annoy the fuck out them and show me a court in the land who could prosecute on the word "rebel" and have the club come out to say so would really get it up the soap dodgers. 

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's not history though when he still gets the platform to spout his shite on programmes like Off the Ball. The club need to look at any legal action that can be taken against him as an individual as they did with him as a Herald employee.

Who the fuck listens to Cosgrove anyway. If that's his platform he is in a worse state than I thought ?