Scottish Cup Date...?

Ryju84

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sky Sports are showing Burnley vs Blackburn at 12:30pm on the Sat. Whilst Spurs vs Arsenal is on BT at 12:45, it's more likely to be at 12 on Sunday because Palace vs Liverpool is on at 1:30pm on Sky Sports 1.

Doesn't stop Sky having 2 games on at once does it?

I think Sky often show a SPFL game alongside an English one.

(Crapping himself cos Sunday's Mother's Day Loyal....)

Just another indication of how badly the paying (& travelling) supporter is treated.

Ours & the spoon burners replays were sorted this week.

Why on earth are we left dangling for a further week before we get to find out who WE play, ergo what ties the telly are going to pick & times?

Or, could they not just schedule the ties - after all, whoever televises us is getting a good audience, irrespective of whether we host Dundee or Dumbarton.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not sure the SFA rules on dates, but I'm sure they released a statement after the draw stating was either Sat or Sun? I don't want to be playing a cup QF on a Monday night, then having another home match on the Friday night of the same week.

They have done, but I think that's usually due to having no other option. I just don't see the sense in Sky putting us on when they're showing another match on one of their channels and at the same time as a massive London derby which affects the title race. They have no other British game at lunchtime on the Sunday and can slot us in there to get high viewing figures, as we know it's all about the Rangers.

You may very well be right - and of course another way to inconvenience us by staging it Sunday & forcing us to choose........

?

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I still don't understand why the Dundee vs Dumbarton game wasn't played in midweek. I know it was originally scheduled for the Tuesday, but DU were playing Motherwell at home on the same night. The cup is meant to be the priority, but they all decided to make it this Tuesday. Why wasn't the match played on Wednesday instead?

Indeed - surely they can handle matches on consecutive days?

Not as if they're sharing the stadium....

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, Wednesday Loyal said:

Rangers were going to be on against hivs on the monday they might keep that slot

If that's the league game on the Monday night, it's been cancelled and will be played on 18th or 19th April, I think. But maybe that's not what you where talking about!

The BBC like to cover the Scottish Cup and have some sort of contract in place, so they'll like to show two games and sky might show two.

Assuming Dundee get through, I'd reckon our game would be on and they'd break their own self imposed ban on attending/reporting at Ibrox.