Does This Lead Alter Our Priorities Slightly?

Turnberry18

I'd say it does change things, but not with regards to the cup, that will take care of itself.

What we need to so is to consolidate and plan what players to bring in next season. Some of our 1-0 wins and draws this season could easily be turned into defeats next year, but I think we can brighten up the Premiership next year if we carry on the way we're going and get the right players in.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I was open minded in my OP question, but you make a good case for the Raith game being a huge priority. I couldn't resist the thought of not only us in the top league, but with a European angle to it as well. 

I would love for us to win the cup and get into Europe,  it would serve notice that we are back and before long we will be Champions.  Raith is priority,  its the best philosophy to have. 

57 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'd prioritise the Dundee game for certain.

If we can't make 4/5 changes at least, at home to Raith and not win, that's an issue itself. Play MOH/King as both are cup tied, give Tav or Wallace a rest and play the likes of Shiels, Clark, Forrester, Zelalem. So we have key players McKay/Miller/Holt rested for the Dundee game.

Yeah , I'd agree with this. 

The league is obviously priority but hibs last couple of results have given us a bit of leeway , apart from which , we should have enough in our locker to make changes and still beat Raith .

Were at home to Dundee , win that , and we could be one game , in neutral territory , from a European spot , and two away from a trophy. I'd love to see their faces should we succeed. 

The word 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

With us being so far in the League do we place more emphasis on winning the Scottish Cup; especially with the possibility of it offering us the possibility of European football if we were to win it? Which match is now more important: Raith Rovers, or Dundee?

Both. 

Yes, Dundee is a massive game. I also said on here before that the gap come the end of February was going to be a significant in terms of us winning this league.

A semi-final at Hampden and a possible return to Europe next season should not be underestimated on how much a boost it will give our club.

22 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

With us being so far in the League do we place more emphasis on winning the Scottish Cup; especially with the possibility of it offering us the possibility of European football if we were to win it? Which match is now more important: Raith Rovers, or Dundee?

Nope - we concentrate till its won! 

21 hours ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , I'd agree with this. 

The league is obviously priority but hibs last couple of results have given us a bit of leeway , apart from which , we should have enough in our locker to make changes and still beat Raith .

Were at home to Dundee , win that , and we could be one game , in neutral territory , from a European spot , and two away from a trophy. I'd love to see their faces should we succeed. 

If we reach the final and the scum have won the league then we need to win it regardless if it's them or any other team as the euro spot now goes to the league and not the runner up. I believe that's the new rules.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If we reach the final and the scum have won the league then we need to win it regardless if it's them or any other team as the euro spot now goes to the league and not the runner up. I believe that's the new rules.

(tu)

Wasnt aware of that , still thought a beaten finalist qualified , had the winners already won the league. 

Oh well , just have to make sure we win it now :D 

23 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Young man's thinking these days..... The team Man C put out in the FA Cup was a disgrace. I remember when that competition was really special. Raith is important but to me Dundee is immense. A chance at a ( real ) trophy would be the perfect GIRUY not to mention a spot in Europe next year. Everyone of our 20 players are starters, so rest a few and we still beat Hardie ( less ) Raith.

Agree with this . Scottish cup this season would be an extra special bonus .And let's not kid ourselves .Beat Dundee and most definitely can win it.

Jesus every other cunt says we have won the league already so why not give the Scottish cup some more focus .

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Absolutely. 

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here , but I'd rate it up there along with the best of them . 

Indeed. Not just where we've been the past few years but when you consider where we were at Fir Park last season less than a year ago. Our situation looked grim to say the least, on and off the park. The turnaround in such a short space of time is quite simply incredible, and probably exceeds anything we could have hoped for. It would be a rather significant statement to everyone to win The Championship, The Petrofac and The Scottish Cup but most importantly, for us, the players, the management, and the board it would be a very special moment. Of course, one step at a time though.............

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:52 PM, Turnberry18 said:

Both are important mate but the Dundee game excites me more .I want a Scottish Cup final appearance this year.

30 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agree with this . Scottish cup this season would be an extra special bonus .And let's not kid ourselves .Beat Dundee and most definitely can win it.

Jesus every other cunt says we have won the league already so why not give the Scottish cup some more focus .

I think if we beat Dundee it will only get harder. Don't know where your logic's at but i hope you're right. 

On 27 February 2016 at 8:52 PM, Turnberry18 said:

Our ONLY priority my friend is the next game ;) 

we we as a club only look to the next game and try to win it whether it be in the league or cup.

dont believe me? The hat will tell you tomorrow 

we we don't care what hibs do or games we have coming up as we want our focus in the right place.

34 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Both are important mate but the Dundee game excites me more .I want a Scottish Cup final appearance this year.

Is your view about this influenced because you think the League is won? I think it's won, but probably, on reflection, it's impossible for us not to put our strongest side out against Raith.

2 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Our ONLY priority my friend is the next game ;) 

we we as a club only look to the next game and try to win it whether it be in the league or cup.

dont believe me? The hat will tell you tomorrow 

we we don't care what hibs do or games we have coming up as we want our focus in the right place.

I've been well persuaded of this view!  I think the thought of us playing in Europe, and the top League was foremost on my mind after we ended up so far in front. But yes, it will and should be the strongest team against Raith, and then try our very best with a strong side against Dundee.

Nope

Win the league. Always been our priority. 

After that if we are still in the cup we try our best to succeed as it is a direct route into Europe and make us more attractive to new signings.

if we are out then give the younger fringe players a taste of first team football 

Let's face it, Ally was fucking hounded for not doing well in the cups, so I wouldn't place our sole focus this season on the league.

It's easy for me to say that though as we have such a commanding lead at the top, I don't think there's any danger of us not winning this so, yea, I wouldn't be against rotating the squad to give us a better chance at winning the cup. We've afforded ourself some slip-up space if needed.