not good enough

bigheadcliff

by a very long way warburton needs a large dose of reality if he thinks yesterdays performance will be tolerated there wasn't a lot to differentiate yesterdays display from last seasons; little off the ball movement no creativity and poor, poor tactics at corners ffs they are supposed to be an attacking threat not a wee detour out wide we need to buck our ideas up quickly

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, bigheadcliff said:

by a very long way warburton needs a large dose of reality if he thinks yesterdays performance will be tolerated there wasn't a lot to differentiate yesterdays display from last seasons; little off the ball movement no creativity and poor, poor tactics at corners ffs they are supposed to be an attacking threat not a wee detour out wide we need to buck our ideas up quickly

Are you MisterC in disguise? :lol: Are you trying to compare yesterdays performance to the shite we played last season? doh I hope you've got your fucking Tin Hat on for this one

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

Are you MisterC in disguise? :lol: Are you trying to compare yesterdays performance to the shite we played last season? doh I hope you've got your fucking Tin Hat on for this one

yesterdays performance was like last season, hence my post...... we need to give credit when its due and we need to be honest when the need arises. yesterday was bloody awful and we shouldn't be afraid to say so the tactics need addressing

21 minutes ago, bigheadcliff said:

Would have let you off with that had you not drawn comparisons to last season.  Difference is like night and day.  This season we are plying football after three years of dross.

16 minutes ago, bigheadcliff said:

Comparing how we played yesterday with the dross we were served up the previous three years is chalk and cheese.

Yes we need a more clinical finisher, but we created chance after chance, KM missed three chances and their GK Langfield made some great saves. On the other side of the coin we were lucky not to be punished a few times when sloppy passing gave them a chance. However I don't know who you were watching the last few seasons if, you say we are no better this season, but it certainly wasn't Rangers.

I must miss the long hopeful ball from goalkeeper to a big immobile striker.

I must miss the games we lead away to alloa 2-0 only to lose 3-2. I must've missed St mirren dominating us, creating next to no chances, the midfield standing looking at the ball going over their heads all day. 

Between yesterday and alloa away I think we created more chances than we created in the whole of last season.

We Aint the finished article but we are fuck all like last season. Statues moved more than us last year 

Just shows we weren't such a bad team last season..... :pipe: 

st mitten are a decent side - surprised with some of the players they have that they are not further up the league . Langfield was in inspired form yesterday and yet still we won - but there are many negative fucks on here that even the day after we go 11 points clear there are folk that agree with the nonsense in the OP. 

1 minute ago, bigheadcliff said:

yesterdays performance was like last season, hence my post...... we need to give credit when its due and we need to be honest when the need arises. yesterday was bloody awful and we shouldn't be afraid to say so the tactics need addressing

You are well entitled to your opinion, but I find it hard to remember a game from last season we got even close to that performance yesterday. Granted it wasn't our best of the season but I give credit to Alex Rae for his organisation of St.Mirren, yet we still managed to have 64% possession, 21 shots on goals,(7 on target) and 12 corners; this against a side that had won its last 4 games. I'm quite interested to see what tactics need addressing that Mark Warburton fucked up, according to you.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Just shows we weren't such a bad team last season..... :pipe: 

st mitten are a decent side - surprised with some of the players they have that they are not further up the league . Langfield was in inspired form yesterday and yet still we won - but there are many negative fucks on here that even the day after we go 11 points clear there are folk that agree with the nonsense in the OP. 

You are honestly the most mental cunt I've ever seen on a forum of any kind.

Regarding the negative fucks comment. Livingston 3-0 win earlier in the season at home, crap performance and Warburton and the players said so and said they need to improve as a win was great but performances can't be of that standard. Everyone lapped it up and rightfully so - so what's the difference? it's the same thing. The fans can't say it? we should always want to do better.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Regarding the negative fucks comment. Livingston 3-0 win earlier in the season at home, crap performance and Warburton and the players said so and said they need to improve as a win was great but performances can't be of that standard. Everyone lapped it up and rightfully so - so what's the difference? it's the same thing. The fans can't say it? we should always want to do better.

I think we are now at the stage performances are 2nd in importance levels. By all accounts hibs played well in the last two games yet have lost by an aggregate of 6-2. 

The start of the season showed what we are all about IMO and now it's come to the nitty gritty we've shown the other side. 

We can dig and dig and dig. The amount of late goals we've scored is a credit to the players and management. It's what he had Brentford doing last year and then fitness levels it takes to still be battering a team with minutes to go in search of that winner are huge. 

We've tightened up at the back and stillground out wins. 

I thought at the start of the season MW would struggle to address the defensive issues but he's managed to tweak that and although the goals have dried up, we are still winning and still creating chances.

If the chances stop coming then I'll worry

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fuck the season we got to the uefa cup final folk were moaning we good do better  - that my point  folk always moaning no matter what they see - I believe in a more positive approach and an 11 point lead with 10 games to go is something we should be lauding but folk have got so fucking negative they would rather bitch and moan. How about admiring the way we kept going against a good stubborn St mirren and doing what champions do - play to the end and earn a win from what could easily have been a draw. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I think we are now at the stage performances are 2nd in importance levels. By all accounts hibs played well in the last two games yet have lost by an aggregate of 6-2. 

The start of the season showed what we are all about IMO and now it's come to the nitty gritty we've shown the other side. 

We can dig and dig and dig. The amount of late goals we've scored is a credit to the players and management. It's what he had Brentford doing last year and then fitness levels it takes to still be battering a team with minutes to go in search of that winner are huge. 

We've tightened up at the back and stillground out wins. 

I thought at the start of the season MW would struggle to address the defensive issues but he's managed to tweak that and although the goals have dried up, we are still winning and still creating chances.

If the chances stop coming then I'll worry

I know what your saying but our blistering performances dried up after Morton away and that was what, early October? we had the odd game since then destroying teams but generally we've been poor IMO but still nowhere near as bad as last season. I don't think we are creating great chances either tbh ... we are wasteful but have no edge or killer instinct in a lot of the games. We are dominating games that's the main positive for me.

I think if we can dominate games then that's the basis of something special. A couple of quality additions (1 being a main striker) and we could be unstoppable but I worry that Warburton would rather have more attackers like O'Halloran, Forrester, King than an actual out and out clinical goalscorer.

We've not been on top form for a while but it's coming to the business end of the season and we're still winning games and creating loads of chances. We'll need to raise our game against Dundee but the players and manager will know that themselves.

As for comparing it to last season, away and don't talk pish.

30 minutes ago, bigheadcliff said:

You need to get a grip.

The last few seasons opposing teams have played Rangers and expected to win, now they are setting to not lose (proof that we are back to being a team to be feared)

Two banks of 4 playing closely together is always difficult to break down. There are going to be many days like yesterday.

I will certainly tolerate displays like yesterday. A clean sheet,  a win and our nearest challengers dropped more points.

The football this season is on a different planet from the previous 4.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know what your saying but our blistering performances dried up after Morton away and that was what, early October? we had the odd game since then destroying teams but generally we've been poor IMO but still nowhere near as bad as last season. I don't think we are creating great chances either tbh ... we are wasteful but have no edge or killer instinct in a lot of the games. We are dominating games that's the main positive for me.

I think if we can dominate games then that's the basis of something special. A couple of quality additions (1 being a main striker) and we could be unstoppable but I worry that Warburton would rather have more attackers like O'Halloran, Forrester, King than an actual out and out clinical goalscorer.

I agree mate. But with this squad and these players we are still about a level down from where we need to be. But this team still create and it just seems to be chance after chance after chance.

Twice this season I've thought "fuck we got lucky there" that was qots away last week and the time before that was Falkirk at home. 

In nearly every game IMO had we won 4, 5 or 6 nobody could argue. We seem to create chances to win 3 games never mind 1. Alloa away was a prime example. A keeper playing out of his skin and our inability to finish cost us.

Hibs at home december IMO was a marker. If you think back that's when the media campaign for hibs being a premier team and possibly the best in this league. We fucked them that day. Like we did at Easter road at the start of the season. Folk on here were creaming over hibs (not you) and the fact they would stop us or infact could stop us. I've never thought at any time they'd get any closer come the end of the season than about 6 points 

For me some teams have been lucky to leave the park within 3 goals of us. At times compared to last season we've really not been "Rangers anymore" 

29 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I must miss the long hopeful ball from goalkeeper to a big immobile striker.

I must miss the games we lead away to alloa 2-0 only to lose 3-2. I must've missed St mirren dominating us, creating next to no chances, the midfield standing looking at the ball going over their heads all day. 

Between yesterday and alloa away I think we created more chances than we created in the whole of last season.

We Aint the finished article but we are fuck all like last season. Statues moved more than us last year 

Aye and people moan about Wags when last season we had Boyd, Christ my colon moves faster than him.

I don't think anyone would disagree that we need to improve but MW has a clear plan and preferred style of play. Did AM? ..punt the ball and hope for the best! When teams sit in the way they do it is hard to vary the play. Barca couldn't score at Ibrox when we did it!

With the corners, Warbs said himself that there's no point launching it in when we don't have the height etc. Physicality could be an issue next season but certainly going to be interesting to see what we'll be like against teams that have a go. 

Regards MW tactics, worth noting that in the last three games, the sub's thrown on by the magic hat have scored the late winner.

1 hour ago, bigheadcliff said:

We're cruising the league.  Stop pishing  yourself,enjoy the moment and worry about next season later on. Champions scrape wins. Dial a bus is a sex pest.

Kenny Miller missed two sitters, King missed two sitters, Holt missed a chance, O'Halloran missed a couple of chances, Tav had two good attempts on goal with free kicks, St Mirren had a couple of last ditch tackles. Oh and btw we won 1-0 and are 11 points clear at the top of the league.

Not much of a brain rattling about in that big coupon of yours! ?