Championship Medals

Eaglesham Bear

4 hours ago, blueretro said:

What are they?

Govanblue has over the seasons since we were illegally removed from the premier league, arranged for league medals to be cast by our brothers in Ulster. To commemorate our journey and return to our rightful place in premier league.  As normal any profits will go to the worthy charities we support. As this is now a goer he may be able if you cross his palm with silver (all for good causes) to get the 1972 cup winners cup medals recast and if there is enough interest the division 2 and 3 medals. Good collection any bear would be proud to own.

3 minutes ago, Eaglesham Bear said:

Govanblue has over the seasons since we were illegally removed from the premier league, arranged for league medals to be cast by our brothers in Ulster. To commemorate our journey and return to our rightful place in premier league.  As normal any profits will go to the worthy charities we support. As this is now a goer he may be able if you cross his palm with silver (all for good causes) to get the 1972 cup winners cup medals recast and if there is enough interest the division 2 and 3 medals. Good collection any bear would be proud to own.

Sound great. I'll join the waiting list if that's Ok. 

On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 6:21 PM, govanblue said:

Please see the post above...

Or are you already a member of the Fund under a different username?

I don't know how to join mate.  If you put me down as a pledge I will pay my £10 as soon as I know how.

Also can I up mine to two medals please?

3 minutes ago, Eaglesham Bear said:

That's not a bad summary.  Just a few edits...

Each of the commemorative medals are wholly the brainchild of the Co. Armagh RSCs.  Originally designed to be sold amongst their own members, they proved so popular, that people like me started asking them for more and more till they were all sold out, reordered, and sold out again.  I very much doubt they will recast any of the previous medals.  They're now collectors items. (tu)

The 3 different medals they've released so far have raised several tens of thousands of pounds for several different Rangers-related charities.

All proceeds from their sales of this new medal will go to the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund.

This new medal will probably cost £10.

I think I will probably add a couple of pounds on to that cost though, because if I've got to post 200 medals out to you lazy bastards, then the Fund should probably benefit too. :P

Here are some pics of the previous medals...

ECWC40thMedal_zps767138c6.jpg

Div3_Medal_zps132940f8.jpg

Div_1_Medal_zps966c557c.jpg

I'll upload a pic of the new one, as soon as it exists. (tu)

8 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Stick me down for 2 please 

(tu)

8 hours ago, Sket said:

I'll be after a couple of these as well to complete the collection.

(tu)

6 hours ago, crazybawz said:

I'd have one as well, regarding the membership the link you posted in the thread about the strips doesn't work, £25 waiting to go to fund as soon as I can get a link ??

(tu) - I'll get a link to you shortly

5 hours ago, ranter said:

Can I have 4 please GB ?

(tu)

55 minutes ago, paul1964 said:

also would like one to complete my collection 

(tu)

28 minutes ago, blueretro said:

Sound great. I'll join the waiting list if that's Ok. 

(tu)

23 minutes ago, Steely said:

I don't know how to join mate.  If you put me down as a pledge I will pay my £10 as soon as I know how.

Also can I up mine to two medals please?

(tu)  - I'll get a link to you shortly

5 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I'll take one please. I would also love a cup winners cup medal if it were to be recast.

I heard you the first time! :P  

On 29 February 2016 at 6:11 PM, govanblue said:

Mathematically it's still only a top three medal. :P

Just the one for you this time? Or are the Grand-kids getting one too? :D

Current Orders:

• govanblue - 1
  • Eaglesham Bear - 4
  • j1mgg - 1 or 2?
  • julescotia - 2 
  • NamibianBear - 1
  • G13 - 2 
  • FlippinEck - 1
  • DAVIE8CH - 1
  • SoldierBlue1 - 2
  • JohnH - 1
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger - 1
  • gmcf - 1
  • SW3 - 1
  • RoninJonny - 1
  • One Jock Wallace - 2
  • Sket - 2
  • ranter - 4
  • paul1964 - 1
  • blueretro - 1
  • stafford - 1

Members who would need to join the Fund first:

• trueblue 4 ever
  • Steely - 2
  • crazybaws - 1

Am I in the fund? I've lost track.

10 hours ago, bornabear said:

Stick me on the list please GB, cheers mate.

(tu)

9 hours ago, sprintervanman said:

i would take 2 if possible GB .thanks

(tu)

7 hours ago, Ahorne82 said:

Can i get 1 of these too please GB so I can complete my collection 

(tu)

7 hours ago, nabeday said:

I would like to buy 2 to complete the collection. Happy to give a donation to the fund as well.

I'll send you a PM once we get a donation link sorted. (tu)

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

Am I in the fund? I've lost track.

Yes, you are. (tu) How many do you want?