17’s Beat Celtic Again

Elfideldo

"Celtic, coached by Michael O’Halloran senior, opted to field the one overage outfield player and an overage goalkeeper that the rules allow, Rangers fielded all under 17’s."

Pretty much sums them up..I mean what is the point?...At Rangers we've got MW complaining that the kids aren't getting enough good competition, meanwhile over at the Saville dome, they are actually choosing to thrust as many Senior players as the rules will allow into the same non-competitive arena.. just to be able to claim a hollow victory.

Will be interesting to see how warbs handles the last four/five games should we take an insurmountable lead in the league.

much was made of ally's unwillingness to blood youth in similar circumstances, and with warbs focus on youth, I'd like to think the likes of burt, Thompson, Lyon and McLeod get a chance to impress and gain vital experience 

9 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Heard Warburton mention Jack Thomson in one of his interviews. How good is he, mate?

Jack is very good, arguably the best U16 player in the country. Can play centre-back or in midfield (where he has played most of this season). Pretty sure he will play at U20's before the season finishes.

good to see we seem to have some good talent coming through the ranks,with Scottish football in the financial state it is then producing our own quality players is going to be vital to compete on the European stage again,i'd love us to end up like the Dutch clubs and produce pretty much entire first team squads capable of qualifying for the champions league.

11 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

"Celtic, coached by Michael O’Halloran senior, opted to field the one overage outfield player and an overage goalkeeper that the rules allow, Rangers fielded all under 17’s."

Pretty much sums them up..I mean what is the point?...At Rangers we've got MW complaining that the kids aren't getting enough good competition, meanwhile over at the Saville dome, they are actually choosing to thrust as many Senior players as the rules will allow into the same non-competitive arena.. just to be able to claim a hollow victory.

Our sub, (Billy Gilmour), is still only 14.

Jack is very good, arguably the best U16 player in the country. Can play centre-back or in midfield (where he has played most of this season). Pretty sure he will play at U20's before the season finishes.

Is he the boy who moved from Hivs, where he was capitan?

36 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Is he the boy who moved from Hivs, where he was capitan?

No, Jack has been at Rangers since he was 6 years old. The player from Hibs has just come back from injury, even if he was fit I think he would have made the bench at best. We were without two certain starters, Jamie Barjonas was suspended and Grant Nelson has a long term injury (broken ankle). Also Sam Jamieson was due to start but a late change saw him replaced by Stephen Kelly, injury or illness I guess.