The Unofficial Rangers v Raith Rovers thread.

tannerall

Same rules as last unofficial match thread. 

No line ups, no score predictions, no direct comments on Tuesday's game, or after.

Just, memories of previous Ranger v Raith games, other memorable Raith Rovers games , jokes, observations and other trivia. 

I'll start with a photo of Raith Rovers'greatest ever player, and a question for posters less than 50 years old.

Can you name him ?. 

B8hPMneIgAAoqMd.jpg

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

No line ups, no score predictions, no direct comments on Tuesday's game, or after.

Just, memories of previous Ranger v Raith games, other memorable Raith Rovers games , jokes, observations and other trivia. 

I'll start with a photo of Raith Rovers'greatest ever player, and a question for posters less than 50 years old.

Can you name him ?. 

B8hPMneIgAAoqMd.jpg

Can't you at least give us a clue? :P 

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This was my first ever Rangers v RR game. 6-2. Good game.

Butcher with a headed OG and making up for it from 30 yards 55 seconds later.

McCoist hat trick, MoJo and Trevor Steven as well.

First game that came into my head , remember it well and finishing the night in the WRC . Amazing the amount of players you forget about. 

43 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Can you name him ?. 

B8hPMneIgAAoqMd.jpg

He played for the Primrose as well.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Can you name him ?. 

B8hPMneIgAAoqMd.jpg

Tom Miller was talking about him during the Rangers vs St. Mirren match and Waggie hadn't heard  of him.  I think all Rangers players should be taught the history of the greatest Rangers players. 

I remember going to Starks Park a few years back on the supporters bus, which for some reason made an early start. Well tanked up.. the game was a bit of a blur, but Rangers were piss poor that day...until the last 5 minutes, when we seemed to score every time we went up the park. I think Ally grabbed a hat-trick. Weird weird game.

Also remember watching one of Ian Ferguson's early games there. Everyone thought that we had paid St Mirren too much, and the Raith fans spent most of the match singing 'what a waste of money'...well right up until Fergie smashed a screamer of a volley from outside of the box high into their net. By todays stupid standards Fergie would probably be sine die for his mental GIRUY celebrations in front of their fans.

He was the 1st ever Rangers player that I ever met. I was about 4-5 years old, and was on my dads  shoulders, when along came Slim Jim, just walking down the street, my elder brothers both said "Hello!" to him, and he stopped to chat with my dad, not that he knew him, or anything, he was just being a gentleman. I never knew who he was, and my brothers were trying to get me to guess who he was. I had no idea who he was, even when they told me, I still didn't know him, but it is the earliest memory I have of anything to do with Rangers.