Player of the year 2016

RFCRobertson

This will be a very close contest.

First time in years that so many of our players have stepped up and played to such a high level.

It is even more impressive when you consider that it's almost an entirely new squad with players in their first season with us.

In all seriousness, I went to the awards a few years ago and it was pretty good.  Met Wallace, Templeton, Black, and Jig.  Ally came across as an arsehole and didn't let any of the fans who were there even approach him.  Good dinner (tu)

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In all seriousness, I went to the awards a few years ago and it was pretty good.  Met Wallace, Templeton, Black, and Jig.  Ally came across as an arsehole and didn't let any of the fans who were there even approach him.  Good dinner (tu)

Will definitely get one for my sister then, she loves the entire squad. 

Would also like to get my mum a picture of Tav and Waggy. Her two favs. 

Amma think outside the box for this one and give it to big Wes, the goalkeeping position isn't the easiest to walk into and establish yourself and the guys in front of you can be chopped and changed regularly as well as leaving you exposed.

Had a shaky start with the playing the ball out from the back malarkey but he has nerves of steel and settled in well and I feel quite confident with the big yin at the back. He has been consistent which is where the others have had quiet spells like Waggy and Tav, incidentally Waghorn would be my runner up.

Folk would fucking explode if we made our keeper player of the year in the Championship though so it won't be him.

53 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Amma think outside the box for this one and give it to big Wes, the goalkeeping position isn't the easiest to walk into and establish yourself and the guys in front of you can be chopped and changed regularly as well as leaving you exposed.

Had a shaky start with the playing the ball out from the back malarkey but he has nerves of steel and settled in well and I feel quite confident with the big yin at the back. He has been consistent which is where the others have had quiet spells like Waggy and Tav, incidentally Waghorn would be my runner up.

Folk would fucking explode if we made our keeper player of the year in the Championship though so it won't be him.

Agreed. Big Wes is my POTY. The most consistent player we've had this season and has won us, I'd say, about 10-15 points. 

I can't see anyone past Waghorn getting it. 

what a difference a year makes, last season it was a struggle to find someone to give the award to, this season you could easily make the case for about 10 of them to win it, Waghorn for all the goals, McKay for young player and Halliday for goal of the season vs Hibs first match

9 minutes ago, hammer time said:

what a difference a year makes, last season it was a struggle to find someone to give the award to, this season you could easily make the case for about 10 of them to win it, Waghorn for all the goals, McKay for young player and Halliday for goal of the season vs Hibs first match

I know, a lot of them deserve it

Wes for goalkeeping

Wallace for being a good captain and in his positon

Kiernan for being a solid defender

Wilson for making a good improvement over the season

Tav for his goals and assists

Holt for his goals

Haliday for his goals, assists and general attitude 

McKay for being so great at a winger

Waghorn for the goals

Miller for being such a big influential on the younger palyers 

Clark even deserve a special mention for being there at crucial times to net a goal. 

It's actually so difficult, there is a good shout for so many players!

Statistically, Tav, Waggy, McKay etc for goals and assists.

Performances, Holt, Wes, Halliday. Ach Wallace, Miller... The whole lot of them just about.

Fuck having to choose a winner, as enjoyable as a task as that may be!

Holt for me too, he pretty much carried the team through the tail end of last year when we were struggling. Hard to believe how little we had to shell out for him when you consider some of the overpaid shite we've had these last few seasons. He's also one of the hardest grafters in the team and runs himself ragged every game.

There will be tickets still available mainly due to them costing £144 each I would imagine.  I was at the last two POTY dinners which were really enjoyable but I'm not going this year.

To book, call the sales team on 0871 702 1972 (option 2) or email: hospitality@rangers.co.uk or book online at rangers.co.uk