Deal for Forrester?

NeoGeo7

53 minutes ago, PD81 said:

Don`t think he is here on loan, pretty sure he was released by Doncaster.

I thought he was a loan.  So he's already signed with us but is out of contract in the summer?

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I thought he was a loan.  So he's already signed with us but is out of contract in the summer?

Yes hes not on loan thought you would have known that considering but then again that might explain why you dropped him,MOH and Halliday from your dream team to make way for Cummings.Aye righty fucking ho.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Signed a 6 month deal like Gostomski did. I hope the extension is sorted asap he has shown enough for me. 

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yeah, released from them and 6 month contract from us.

2 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

just seen on sky sports news the goal of the day.....

step up harry forrester

I don't even think it was the best goal of our game! Holt's goal was far superior in my opinion and El Capitano's was close too. Halliday's wasn't too shabby either! Great hunger and strike from Handsome Harry though......

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

3/4 bad games in a row, 3 great games in a row

Not 100% convinced as of yet to just give him a deal right now but if those first few matches were just finding his feet and this is the standard he stays at for the rest of the season then absolutely.

So harsh.

He's hardly started! He's needed to prove his fitness, he's already much fitter, and he's producing the goods.

Wouldn't say he'd had 3 or 4 bad games, simply finding his feet and getting used to his new surroundings. He missed a few chances but if that makes a player bad then Kenny Miller has been poor recently too...

Deserves at least another year just now, he absolutely tore apart Dundee today.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't even think it was the best goal of our game! Holt's goal was far superior in my opinion and El Capitano's was close too. Halliday's wasn't too shabby either! Great hunger and strike from Handsome Harry though......

you could be right bud ,4 good goals and a superb display for the teddy bears.

cannae wait to see the goals again

People on here can't seem to look past 3 or 4 games at a time! if the likes of McKay have a bad game certain posters on here are on here calling him pish and needing replaced or if we draw a game they are on here saying half the team needs replaced next year, let's not forget Forrester was poor for ages and it's only in the last 3 or 4 games that he has come onto a game if he keeps this form up for the rest of the season (or at least a decent proportion of it) then yes give him a deal but lets not rush into things, consistency is the key. The same goes for writing off players after 3 or 4 performances you need at least half a season to properly judge a player.

25 minutes ago, Marky. said:

So harsh.

He's hardly started! He's needed to prove his fitness, he's already much fitter, and he's producing the goods.

Wouldn't say he'd had 3 or 4 bad games, simply finding his feet and getting used to his new surroundings. He missed a few chances but if that makes a player bad then Kenny Miller has been poor recently too...

Deserves at least another year just now, he absolutely tore apart Dundee today.

I said I hoped that was him just finding his feet but he was really poor the first 3 or so matches he played. I'm not saying he is a bad player I'm just saying I'm not throwing 5 year deals at him just cause he's had 3 good games, and to be fair, the goal against Raith he slipped as he took it I think it may have been flukey as well.

I'm being harsh, and I definitely think he will have earned a contract by the end of the season, but there's no point talking about one now, assess him at the end of the season. I do think it was just settling in at the start and he's been brilliant the last couple of games but let him keep doing it week in week out before talking about contracts

Just now, Broxi said:

I said I hoped that was him just finding his feet but he was really poor the first 3 or so matches he played. I'm not saying he is a bad player I'm just saying I'm not throwing 5 year deals at him just cause he's had 3 good games, and to be fair, the goal against Raith he slipped as he took it I think it may have been flukey as well.

I'm being harsh, and I definitely think he will have earned a contract by the end of the season, but there's no point talking about one now, assess him at the end of the season. I do think it was just settling in at the start and he's been brilliant the last couple of games but let him keep doing it week in week out before talking about contracts

I think he's shown enough already that he has something for sure anyway mate which can only benefit us be it 6 months or more.

Remember one thing, if he gets a new deal it'll be another 2 years max, that's just the way the manager works. Enticing players to earn their contracts and they do, as he is earning already (tu).

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Technically, he's a brilliant wee player and he runs his socks off. Give him a contract and if there's any question marks over anything, give him 1-2 years to prove himself.

This, never realised how versatile and how much of a grater he is.  Mind you the 6 month deal may have been designed to accommodate both parties.  Is he for Rangers and is Rangers/Glasgow for him.

I'm sure judging by his reaction he is enjoying the adulation and would like the experience of playing in Europe.  Hopefully we'll hear ome thing soon.

Getting this lad in on a short term deals was a stroke of genius from MW,  Forrester is well worthy of a 3 year deal,  in my opinion.  The way he has come in and gone about his business is a credit to his professionalism and the younger players should take a great deal of encouragement from his example.  Work hard and you'll get the rewards.