Brits In The Squad

MDYT2

Right I've not got a great post count so will not start a thread but think is worth noting that we started the game with 10 Brits on the park and brought 2 on ! When was the last we could say that post this season and how many other teams in the UK could claim that stat ?

Got incuridged by other members to start this so here goes ?

It's fantastic to have so many Brits in our squad, let alone our starting 11. I genuinely forgot Kiernan played for Ireland for a second, although technically he was born in England!

Out with Kiernan, Zelalem (who'll probably return to Arsenal), Gostomski (who may move on) and Aird (who's on loan and may not return), our squad is primarily all British. Quite a feat to have a core of British talent, top British talent at that. 

2 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Writes "Right I've not got a great post count so will not start a thread" when starting a thread. Classic

Copied and pasted a post I made. Sorry if that was wrong I thought My edit made that clear 

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I'm not being funny but I'd love to see Rangers playing 11 Scots/Brits but if players like Laudrup,De Boer,Mols or Canniga were at the club I wouldn't be caring whether they were home grown or not.

Nor do I it was just an observation mate.

I've got two takes on this thread, wonder which way it will go.

1) It's nice to have a team full of home grown and home based players who we can feel a cultural affinity to.

2) It's nice to have an exclusively British team for nationalistic and political reasons. (similar to Barcelona and Athletico Bilbao preferring Basque players)

40 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Dundee had 9 Brits, and both their subs were Brits. The xenophobic referee booked both their foreigners. 

Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Ross County and Motherwell had 10 Brits in the starting line up. Partick Thistle had 9.

The majority of the teams lower down than these in Scotland alone probably had 9, 10 or 11 Brits. 

No mate thinking to much It's just an observation / fact . More fact tbf 

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Writes "Right I've not got a great post count so will not start a thread" when starting a thread. Classic

The man posted a comment on another thread and said he wasn't that confident about starting topics so a few folk weighed in and said, 'why not just start your own thread, you're talking sense'.

Aff yer horse.