Our Defence against the beasts.

jim beam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Said all along our defence doesn't get the credit it deserves. Wilson Kiernan and Ball have really been left isolated to allow us to play the style we do. And they've done superbly IMO.

Tims have the Thumb and the lad from City, the rest of their ''midfield'' look bang average IMO. Same goes for their defence.

he wont play but I think Allan and Commons would cause us more trouble than Johansen/Brown/Biton/Mcgregor/Armstrong/Mckay Steven et al.

Their LB looks good, but haven't seen enough of their new centre half to judge.

if we perform and execute, we're winning the tie (tu)

We've learned a lot since the St.J game. Our defence is much more solid with Ball sitting in front of them.

Teams who sit back V us will usually leak a goal of two but as we've seen with Killie and Dundee,those that have a go, suffer as a consequence.......So c'mon Septic,attack us,if you dare.:peanut:

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Their defence is fucking honking, if anything its the smellies that should be worrying in that department. I think this game will be a defensive clown fiesta and whichever team takes its chances wins.

Defense has improved but for some reason when you said "defensive clown fiesta" I pictured a bunch of people running wildly, and banging into one another. 

See link... (not clowns, and not a fiesta, but kinda what I got a picture of)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoLIH_c6mc

14 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Defense has improved but for some reason when you said "defensive clown fiesta" I pictured a bunch of people running wildly, and banging into one another. 

See link... (not clowns, and not a fiesta, but kinda what I got a picture of)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoLIH_c6mc

Not far off it :541:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clown+fiesta

This will be an open game with minimum  5 goals imo. Ronni seems incapable of motivating his team but luckily for the tims we'll do his job for him. Rangers can only play one way so basically we have to take our chances and keep errors to a minimum in a fast flowing open game.  Beating them seems like a dream for me at the moment but if it becomes a reality I'll need a week of work to cope with the hangover but Ronni will not have the worry of going back to work. 

Ball will come into the middle of the park and that will be that - theres actually not too many combos MW can come up with defensively and barring injury it will be Tav, Rob, Wilson and Wallace.  Since the draw was made I have had a feeling Tav will score in the first 10 mins.

23 hours ago, jim beam said:

I am supremely confident from middle to front.

But our Defence gives me jitters every time the opposition get's anywhere near the 25yard line.

Can we afford to carry on playing the style we do against them and leave ourselves open to the counter or do we play a different style against them.

Thoughts?

Yes we can,. Wilson has finally come onto a real game and can see shades of weir in his play.  Kiernan is a strong tackler and quite pacy and the fullbacks are quite simply the best in Scotland.

too many people are trying to look for faults in our defence but the clean sheets don't lie and we've had some good battles this season and come through with flying colours

Only thing I would worry about is that nerves get the better of some of our players but that will be where the management team and the senior players will come into play and making sure they're ready for the game.

If we play our normal style from the first whistle and go at them then for the majority of the game they will be on the back foot, and if there is a good strong ref who is fair then I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose and Brown ended up being sent off!

We are a team in the ascendancy and if we play like we can play then there is no team in Scotland that can beat us easily if at all.

The beasts only chances will be from set pieces and hoofballs into the box. If Kiernan, Wilson and Fod can command the air, I don't think we will get into bother.

I reckon I'll stick a few quid on the Lego-eater seeing red in this one too. He's going to have rings run around him.

20 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

'And when the sound of the battle is over it's shoulder to shoulder we'll stand'  :crabflute:

We'll rattle the fuck out the mhanky shit smearers...  If they perform as they did against dundee our defense will be fine, and if the smellys do manage to breach it I'm pretty confident that we will breach theirs more.  

Would you swap our back line for theirs ?  

No mate I wouldn't swap our back line for theirs.

The only one that I am worried about is the thumb given space he will punish us imo.

And although we have improved defensively I still feel that there is far too much space given around our box.