Zelalem - where is he?

JWAC

The last few games not in the squad, is he injured as I hadn't seen anything on the official site.

This isn't a thread to discuss his merits (though personally I think he slows down our midfield and thought we shouldn't renew the loan deal), I'm just wondering if the reason he's not playing is because of form or if it's injury/fitness related. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

He is a better footballer than Holt by miles, but is lazy as fuck. He is probably chilling on his couch, eating pizza and trying to pronounce his own name.

You have to be kidding.    Holt is a cracking player, far more direct, reads the game brilliantly, has a great engine and an eye for a goal.    

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

You have to be kidding.    Holt is a cracking player, far more direct, reads the game brilliantly, has a great engine and an eye for a goal.    

I hope I am wrong, but Holt won't be getting much love on here this time next year. Zel has far more skill and vision, he just lets himself down by not trying.

11 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Surely you're at it!

None of our players can really be judged this year, they are playing in the Scottish championship. Although Hibs and Falkirk are decent, the rest of the league are shite. Holt looks good now, but I just don't see him being as effective next year, he is a 7/8 player in the championship and will probably be a 6, sometimes 7 in the SPL. Our system and manager may win us the league next year, but this current group of players won't.

Dont know what people see in Zelalem, he has potential sure but can you imagine him in a game against them. The one thing he is supposed to be good I dont think he is that great at(Passing). Imo we are a far better team without him, at least Holt is a goal threat.

Just now, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Dont know what people see in Zelalem, he has potential sure but can you imagine him in a game against them. The one thing he is supposed to be good I dont think he is that great at(Passing). Imo we are a far better team without him, at least Holt is a goal threat.

Agreed. Brown and Biton would run and pass rings around him for 90 minutes. We need Ball in midfield with Holt against the Taigs.

7 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

None of our players can really be judged this year, they are playing in the Scottish championship. Although Hibs and Falkirk are decent, the rest of the league are shite. Holt looks good now, but I just don't see him being as effective next year, he is a 7/8 player in the championship and will probably be a 6, sometimes 7 in the SPL. Our system and manager may win us the league next year, but this current group of players won't.

Utter shite. Yes we will bring in players but holt is more than good enough to nail down a starting slot he is one of our most consistent performers in midfield. I think its more likely Haliday will struggle more to get a game as he hasnt looked great when played in his 'prefered position' of AM

42 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I hope I am wrong, but Holt won't be getting much love on here this time next year. Zel has far more skill and vision, he just lets himself down by not trying.

I would say the pair of them lack that bit of pace which separates the greats from the rest.

Certainly, the guys who have been brought in during the window have all made a greater impact in 5 or 6 weeks than Zelalem has all season.

Assuming the recent match day squad retains it's fitness & sharpness, the lad will, unfortunately, never pull on a Gers top in anger again.

22 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Zelalem has struggled at times in this league, while Holt has breezed it. Have you forgotten about that rough patch that Holt pretty much carried the whole team through? 

Ive said since day 1 zelalem doesnt have the appetite to succeed at rangers. He gets rag dolled and shites himself from 50/50s.

He might have all the technique in the world (he doesnt- he is average) but he doesnt have the heart to wear the jersey.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed. Brown and Biton would run and pass rings around him for 90 minutes. We need Ball in midfield with Holt against the Taigs.

You're right about Zelalem, although I thought Ball was our least proficient player on Saturday - there were a few balls he lost under pressure which might have bedn more heavily punished by a better team.

That said, he still did more good than bad - just think he might get a rude awakening against the Dims.