1973 Scottish Cup Final

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

British Movietone have uploaded some of their old films on to Youtube and some of them will be of interest to Rangers supporters especially older Bears.

1973 Scottish Cup Final 

The Rangers Sports

I'm old enough to vaguely remember the big Tam Forsyth goal in 1973 that he came close to fumbling from barely 6 inches out.  One of only two goals he ever scored for Rangers in a 10 year career at Ibrox.   

I remember the 1973 cup final, as it was the 1st time I got to go to an old firm cup final game on my own, or with my mates, rather than my big bro.

Biggest crowd I've ever been in. 

I recall a song we used to sing, at the time.

'His name is Derek Parlane, he's the leader of our team.

The finest centre forward that the world has ever seen

He's always there or there abouts to score a vital goal

And as for Jimmy Johnstone you can stick him up yer hole'.

The year before I was born  ,  the rangers end looked amazing as usual great finish by big Tam, loved big Jock Wallace running on park straight away to celebrate with bears, if we did that now Warburton would probably be banned to stands for over celebrating 

10 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I remember the 1973 cup final, as it was the 1st time I got to go to an old firm cup final game on my own, or with my mates, rather than my big bro.

Biggest crowd I've ever been in. 

Nearly the same as myself as last game I went to with my old man. Scary crowd when leaving as my feet hardly touched the ground.

Apart from:D Tams thunderbolt from 2 yards, biggest thing I remember was Jimmy johnstone moving from the right over to John Greigs side in the first half and JG absolutely cemented him. Suffice to say he moved back straight away.

thanks to the OP for that.

10 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Off the top of my head I remember Peter saving a penalty against Valencia in a European game but I don't recall him saving any others.

seen something were someone says he saved a pen at the piggery in 85 from Roy Aitken. Wether its true or not I don't know.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

seen something were someone says he saved a pen at the piggery in 85 from Roy Aitken. Wether its true or not I don't know.

Yip completely forgot it about,I'm sure I was there at that one, think we got a draw that night with nine men.

Bought a ticket outside the ground for the 73 final in the Main Stand at their end and was stuck in amongst them. Had to sit through the game in relative silence until Big Forsythe's wonder strike. Left the seat and went running up the stairs screaming like a mad man.

44 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"For one the match is over before it's even begun".

:lol: 

That was so common no one batted an eyelid.  Big matches, white hankies waved aloft, cue ambulance service rushing someone off on a gurney.  Generally as a result of too much bevvy. :D