Billy Ritchie

The Mongoose

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad news, watched him play many times in the great Rangers teams of the 60's, would have played many times for Scotland if Bill brown hadn't been the man in possession at that time. A real legend rest in peace

1 hour ago, Orange&Blue said:

Very sad to hear this news. He was in the first Rangers team I watched, yes Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Greig, McInnon, Baxter, Henderson, McMillan, Miller, Brand and Wilson....what a team.

Condolances to family & friends

Same with me, first team I watched, sad news indeed about Billy.

1 hour ago, The Mongoose said:

Sad News on the Passing of a Rangers Legend. Many a time I have heard older Bears rhyme off the words Ritchie,Shearer,Caldow....before going on to name their favourite side!

May you Rest In Peace Sir

Sad news indeed. Vastly under-rated by those outwith Ibrox. Never showy but sound and reliable.

1 hour ago, Orange&Blue said:

Very sad to hear this news. He was in the first Rangers team I watched, yes Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Greig, McInnon, Baxter, Henderson, McMillan, Miller, Brand and Wilson....what a team.

Condolances to family & friends

Exactly the same team for my first game - against Dundee United when they played in black and white stripes. I can't even remember if we had a reserve goalie Billy Ritchie just seemed to be a permanent fixture. We've had some great goalies down the years and although he probably wasn't the best of them he remains one of my all time favourites.