Amsterdam on the 17th

El Buffalo

Right lads, away on a stag doo in Amsterdam the weekend of the cup semi. Anyone know where I would be best going to watch the match over there? Got tickets for the Ajax Utrecht game but as it's now the exact same time I will be giving that a miss. Any ideas would be appreciated :pipe:

Stay back from 'slainte' on the red light district anyway, rhabid as fuck in there. The Old Sailor sports a Ronald De Boer signed Rangers top but can't remember it having a TV. My best advice would be 'players' just off Dam Square towards the RLD, they show all sky sports games in there 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Stay back from 'slainte' on the red light district anyway, rhabid as fuck in there. The Old Sailor sports a Ronald De Boer signed Rangers top but can't remember it having a TV. My best advice would be 'players' just off Dam Square towards the RLD, they show all sky sports games in there 

Thanks for the info mate

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

And you'll probably find the natives will be rooting for one team only after the kiddy fiddlers smashed a lot of beer bottles and got a kicking off the politie a couple years back :pipe: 

Haha aye I remember the banner the Ajax fans put up in 2013 aswell. Quality :spraise:

33 minutes ago, Brent2291 said:

Right lads, away on a stag doo in Amsterdam the weekend of the cup semi. Anyone know where I would be best going to watch the match over there? Got tickets for the Ajax Utrecht game but as it's now the exact same time I will be giving that a miss. Any ideas would be appreciated :pipe:

Also in Amsterdam for the game for a stag do! Going to the alkmaar game on the Saturday though 

Love the Dutch and especially Amsterdam .Wasn't aware there was a beggar joint .Just about every City has a rodent bar with two punters in it but declaring itself all things scummy .Thought at least Amsterdam was rodent free .Utrecht itself is great place to pull a Dutchy away from the City .Amsterdam arena is superb inside but not in the greatest of areas . 

I had the exact same issue for the Dundee game but I managed to stumble across a sports bar called Players Bar just off Dam Sqaure. They had the Spurs v Arsenal game on as well which seemed to take priority but I'd imagine the Old Firm would be the main game that day.

3 hours ago, DeanMK said:

I had the exact same issue for the Dundee game but I managed to stumble across a sports bar called Players Bar just off Dam Sqaure. They had the Spurs v Arsenal game on as well which seemed to take priority but I'd imagine the Old Firm would be the main game that day.

aye a few guys have mentioned players bar might give that one a go cheers

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

Belushi's just off Dam Square is not a bad place and they always have good deals on drinks. Lots of screens and a smoking area inside if any of your party are smokers and the eye candy was not bad when I went last year. 

That sounds good bud cheers seems there are a few decent options then. I would rather be at the match but will have to just settle for watching it in a pub in amsterdam. Worse places to be I suppose :pipe:

5 hours ago, Brent2291 said:

haha nice one. Were are you guys watching it?

No idea mate, fly home Sunday night so it'll be a right runaround trying to make it.  Will be taking the suggestions from on here on where to watch. 13 of us, couple of Partick fans, couple of Hamilton, most rangers and one tim.  Where are you staying? 

23 hours ago, Brent2291 said:

The user STEPPS BOY is in Amsterdam quite a lot & watches the games over there when he is. Give him a pm mate.

Aye were flying back on Monday so not so bad. Sounds like there are a few options for watching the game. Our group is about half Rangers half sheep fans but all got tickets to the Ajax game. Don't know some of the guys that well or whether they will miss the Ajax game but I won't be missing the gers match that's for sure. I will happily find a pub myself if I have too haha. We are staying in apartments in Leidseplein I think cant remember the exact ones tho

53 minutes ago, Brent2291 said:

Aye were flying back on Monday so not so bad. Sounds like there are a few options for watching the game. Our group is about half Rangers half sheep fans but all got tickets to the Ajax game. Don't know some of the guys that well or whether they will miss the Ajax game but I won't be missing the gers match that's for sure. I will happily find a pub myself if I have too haha. We are staying in apartments in Leidseplein I think cant remember the exact ones tho

Yeah we've all managed to get some kind of hospitality deal at alkmaar. Think it's Warmoesstraat (?) We're staying. Hopefully find a good bar with a few people cheering on the queens 11 :uk:

I lived there a few years back and there was a few places we watched it but I think they've moved on somewhere else now. Was The Globe originally and then moved on to a place called Big Shots on Warmoestraat as the bar manager was a bluenose but hes since moved bars again in the time I've left. Used to be a Scottish bar called the Highlander that had majority bears in there on Old Firm games but unfortunately that shut down.

9 hours ago, Brent2291 said:

That sounds good bud cheers seems there are a few decent options then. I would rather be at the match but will have to just settle for watching it in a pub in amsterdam. Worse places to be I suppose :pipe:

Being in Amsterdam is the business ..Even if you watch game on screens somewhere ,you will probably be sitting beside a hot Dutch babe that could quite possibly buy you a drink ..They are that good ..A Rangers win and a Double Dutchy .Can't get any better than that mate .Ever 

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Being in Amsterdam is the business ..Even if you watch game on screens somewhere ,you will probably be sitting beside a hot Dutch babe that could quite possibly buy you a drink ..They are that good ..A Rangers win and a Double Dutchy .Can't get any better than that mate .Ever 

Sounds good mate, looking forward to it. :pipe:

8 hours ago, NizzyGers said:

Yeah we've all managed to get some kind of hospitality deal at alkmaar. Think it's Warmoesstraat (?) We're staying. Hopefully find a good bar with a few people cheering on the queens 11 :uk:

sounds good mate. Aye hopefully be plenty of gers fans there. Canna wait.