Ibrox the 9th best stadium in Europe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Archibald leitch also designed villas main stand aswell did he not , also always thought evertons main sand looks similar to ours from the inside 

He also designed some of Goodison and Arsenal Stadium (Highbury). 

Mr Lietch was involved in more than 20 grounds including porkheed and 2 in the republic and Windsor Park. He was involved in Stamford Bridge and both Southampton and Portsmouth. If you have a look at at his wiki page is quite a read as to what grounds he was involved in. His favourite was IBROX :uk: 

16 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's a stunning stadium. Not exactly atmospheric, maybe, but it is a pretty amazing looking stadium.

admit looks nice but i was taking on board atmosphere etc, but defo point taken

59 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Mr Lietch was involved in more than 20 grounds including porkheed and 2 in the republic and Windsor Park. He was involved in Stamford Bridge and both Southampton and Portsmouth. If you have a look at at his wiki page is quite a read as to what grounds he was involved in. His favourite was IBROX :uk: 

He was also the barrister in A Fish called Wanda. ;)

18 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Anfield is a dump.. fucking wooden seasts that are about half the size of the ones at Ibrox. Mestalla is a dump as well.

Totally agree. Took my stepson on a tour of anfield while on holiday and wasn't impressed at all. Not a patch on Ibrox.

Thats all that went through my mind during the tour

Anyone remember the guy that watched a game in every ground in the Scottish and English leagues back in maybe 82-83, i think he was the first to ever do this and his last ground was ours because he said he was saving the best till last, he was on the pitch at halftime.

3 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Not sure how they're judging this list, the Camp Nou is not a very nice stadium. It's in dire need of renovation.

I visited the Allianz Riviera last year and it is a beauty... Amsterdam Arena isn't bad either.

Got a rather strange tour of the Amsterdam Arena. The tour guide was off so the security officer took it. Didn't get to see the changing rooms etc but got a tour of the matchday security room. Pretty amazing set up. The Ajax museum was also pretty good.

We should have a museum to compliment our stadium, somewhere like Edminston house.. 

3 hours ago, williemacbrd said:

Anyone remember the guy that watched a game in every ground in the Scottish and English leagues back in maybe 82-83, i think he was the first to ever do this and his last ground was ours because he said he was saving the best till last, he was on the pitch at halftime.

I think it was Simon Inglis, who authored "The Football Grounds of Great Britain". A great book, I have it somewhere, need to dig it out and have another read. I have the recent " Ibrox --Temple of Dreams" looks good, but just not got round to reading it yet.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think it was Simon Inglis, who authored "The Football Grounds of Great Britain". A great book, I have it somewhere, need to dig it out and have another read. I have the recent " Ibrox --Temple of Dreams" looks good, but just not got round to reading it yet.

Cool, were you at the game?