RM Membears Club1872 Unification Vote

Big Al 55

Unify various groups  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should we vote for RF to be unified with the various other groups to become Club 1872 One Rangers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How did it go

I thought it went well.

On the panel ( there were more than this but i can't remember everyone) Greg Marshall, Brian Donohoe, James Blair from Rangers First and Chris Graham from RST.

The main aims going forward was having greater financial fan power in term of shares and potential assets (if the members vote for it) as well as a bigger voice politically if we needed to address issues. It was stressed that eveything is one vote per member and you would be electing board members according to who/what you wanted to see.

Quite a few dissenting voices, mainly over the pervieved lack of communication about the two meetings and where would existing fans cash go. Assurances were given about the cash and more marketing/communications going forward.

It wa stressed that this is a framework proposal and that they could not answer specific questions unless 1) the new group was formered 2) people voted in board members and 3) voted for said proposals etc.

7 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

So questions can't be answered til all the players are in position and their places at the table are assured ? 

Who'd have thought it ?

Essentially yes. The members need to vote in the board and also vote on proposals on a one member one vote basis.

From my understanding, there would be nothing stopping you or i being a 'player at the table' if enough people voted for it. Even then proposals such as shares or buying assets would need to voted by all members.

22 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So vote for us. Why?

We can't tell you that until you vote for us. 

:lol: seriously it's like a Monty Phython sketch. 

has a bit of the old SNP "everything will sort itself out in the next 18 months, just vote yes" tactic about it IMO.

Just now, gogzy said:

has a bit of the old SNP "everything will sort itself out in the next 18 months, just vote yes" tactic about it IMO.

Was actually coming round to the idea once a few tweaks has been made before an actual vote. But how anyone can vote for it as it stands I don't know. 

12 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was actually coming round to the idea once a few tweaks has been made before an actual vote. But how anyone can vote for it as it stands I don't know. 

They want us to vote on trust , given previous standards that some have worked to , this is a major ask , I take it that by voting yes does not lead to anything final , as they have stated its only the start of the proposals really 

7 minutes ago, rbr said:

They want us to vote on trust , given previous standards that some have worked to , this is a major ask , I take it that by voting yes does not lead to anything final , as they have stated its only the start of the proposals really 

This is the bit I don't get, why vote again until we have a fully consulted and final proposal on the table. 

Its more like vote yes then vote yes again by the time the fourth or fifth vote comes along folk will just vote yes. 

I have no trust left in me for Fan Chiefs. 

Big Al is no doubt waiting till all the results are in, so I'll do an unofficial mid-election analysis: 

Total number of votes: 83

Invalid votes - 68 !!!!!

Valid votes: 15

Valid Yes votes: 6

Valid No votes: 9

Membears still to vote: 35

Non-membears still to vote - hundreds no doubt! :pipe:

43 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Big Al is no doubt waiting till all the results are in, so I'll do an unofficial mid-election analysis: 

Total number of votes: 83

Invalid votes - 68 !!!!!

Valid votes: 15

Valid Yes votes: 6

Valid No votes: 9

Membears still to vote: 35

Non-membears still to vote - hundreds no doubt! :pipe:

Much appreciated :541:

Couple of more days to vote...I've made my mind up and whilst a unified fans group is the way forward this has obviously been cobbled together on the back of a relatively successful RF launch with very little thought, requiring a healthy dose of faith (something I lack)

Together with the fact the current board are apparently now entirely trustworthy and completely beyond reproach is a serious worry for the future of this new group. A fans group should be a voice of reason with the earshot of the board with the power to influence decisions...not a bunch of yes men.

Such a shame. It will be voted through unanimously I sincerely hope ultimately they get it right.