Manager's Reaction

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know people are annoyed at him using the word 'bemused' but we have seen him all season conduct controlled and calm interviews, we're just never going to see him come out and have a rant or appoint blame, even at himself but like I've pointed out before inside the dressing room will be completely different, the players will be under no illusions that it wasn't good enough and Warburton himself will know that subbing two of our most influential players early on was a major part in our collapse. Warburton always talks about learning something from every game and I'm sure he'll have gotten today's lesson loud and clear!

Personally don't see why everyone is having a paddy about this, the best teams lose the odd game and yes, although it is disappointing, I have no doubt that we have the best chance of success just now than we have had in years.

I will let MW and DW dissect the game and where we fell apart but I think we just got nervous after Falkirk scored and did not show enough maturity to just calm down and get on with the job at hand after that which lead to more mistakes.

Yes, a disappointing result and second half performance. First 30 mins we were brilliant and falkirk are looking at an embarrasment. If we can take the lessons from this and ensure no recurrence that will be a positive. I've thought for some time that Falkirk are a better team than Hibs, more resillient with a better manager. I fancy them strongly to go up and stay up.

The other positive is that I can tell Hibs fans we did it deliberately.

35 minutes ago, Zulu said:

What sticks in my craw to be outfought an out thought by that rancid bastard Houston  with  Ronnie the rocket an six pack looking on.

Rearrange: 'a false sense of security', 'into', 'lulled'.

12 minutes ago, Ardrossan Dave said:

The other positive is that I can tell Hibs fans we did it deliberately.

:wink:

Annoying and sloppy - yes but I really believe only Falkirk could have done that. Still 100% behind MW and DW and you just have to think how little he has spent so far, the difference in players from last season under Ally and the way we now play the game.

It was an off day so learn from it and move on.

Fuck me we lost a game of football that we should've won. This has happened to better teams than us before. And the subs at 60 mins have occasionally won us a game when brought on. We'll bounce back. Guaranteed!!

9 hours ago, ebt1 said:

Fair enough but I wonder if the way the midfield fell out the game and the lack of composure in defence concerned him?

For me it was the lack of dominance in midfield after 10 minutes of the restart,then the subs at a crucial time???

The mf needed bolstered and MacKay being taken off upset our shape and drive,imo.

I'm no sold on MOH,does he fit into our 'footballing style',I don't know,he's more like an old fashioned winger who kicks and chases the ball.

The one positive of lastnight,if there is one.Delia will be even more baffled about us.

That was the definition of a Lorenzo Amoruso performance.

Really top quality player who more often than not was solid as a rock and gave his all on the pitch. 

However big Amo was vulnerable when the motivation levels dropped. In the big games against the better teams he was dependable and would usually give a top class performance, but you always knew he had that lapse in concentration or lacksadaisical moment in him. He needed pressure and motivation to keep him sharp.

Thats what I saw last night in the team as a whole, they switched off and strolled. At 2-0 up they just went into Amoruso mode.

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

Personally don't see why everyone is having a paddy about this, the best teams lose the odd game and yes, although it is disappointing, I have no doubt that we have the best chance of success just now than we have had in years.

I will let MW and DW dissect the game and where we fell apart but I think we just got nervous after Falkirk scored and did not show enough maturity to just calm down and get on with the job at hand after that which lead to more mistakes.

You can get angry about one game in isolation without generalising about the whole MW reign. Just because people are complaining about the result doesn't mean they aren't optimistic about the future. Last night was not good enough and the team should've learned by now to go and kill games off. 

47 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The players must have heard this 'dominate the ball' cliche so many times that it becomes meaningless.  

It is something this team needs to do though.  We have been excellent all season when in possession but when we are not, we look far from secure even against average teams.  As we progress and get better quality players, we will hopefully improve in our play when we are not in possession but I can't help thinking that this is going to be something we may have to accept with MWs style of football.

5 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

It is something this team needs to do though.  We have been excellent all season when in possession but when we are not, we look far from secure even against average teams.  As we progress and get better quality players, we will hopefully improve in our play when we are not in possession but I can't help thinking that this is going to be something we may have to accept with MWs style of football.

The 'take care of the ball' and 'dominate the ball' does seem to be ignored though, especially in the second half.  I'd like to see him change it up and when 2-0 up away from home and the other team are pressing drop one of the front 3 into the midfield, say a Nicky Law on last night and go 4-1-3-2.  Don't bring on 3 attacking players and make a cunt of it.  The signs were there it was going wrong and it was ignored.

Now that I'm sober and don't feel the need to swear at the team as much as I did last night I like that from MW.

Barrie and Kenny have put a lot into games and he decided to take them off and give them a bit of a breather. The players he put on should have been able to up the tempo. Seems like he is as disappointed as we are in the team giving away possession and not taking their chances. The players took too many touches in the 2nd half and didn't play their usual game. Add in the defensive blunders there's not much the manager could have done.

Too many of the players were poor last night. There's time to get it sorted.

This whole 'it's MW style' stuff gripes me.  We are 2-0 up, on course for needing 3 more wins to wrap up the league... and we lose 3-2.  We were playing the second-best team in this league last night who had nothing to lose by going for it against us.  Just because we are known for our attacking quality and our ability to score is no excuse for ruling out protecting what we have.

For what it matters, I think Falkirk played very well in the second half but we were shocking.  How many times did we stray offside? Why bring Clark on for Miller on 60 minutes when he was the guy doing all the work? The league is our priority and I think/hope MW will understand this a little more this morning.

we blew it yesterday it was fucking daft but i dont see any point in dewlling on it, funnuly enough MW says some of the same things Ally used to say after a defeat, but the difference is I believe Warburton when he says we'll improve on it, at least he admits the team fault and tells us straight instead of blaming the wind of CEOs. At the end of the day its a hurdle but the league will be won.

It's a Managers place to see what housty was doing second half with his first sub, did the same last time, spotted weakness of Tav defending and that's where the damage was directed, we need a McCall type in midfield to grab the game by the scruff and not let standards drop, no leader IMO, and something we really need to look at for next season.

First 70 minutes we were brilliant 

next 20 Falkirk were better side and took there chances 

am not throwing dummie out or taking a fit like some others are 

am sure no one is so annoyed they would give up there old firm ticket? 

Yous will all be over it by then no doubt