Tavernier

BEE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is a player you haven't seen a relevant contrast? What you haven't seen of Wabara makes you think he can tackle?

180 minutes out of a season then...

He has clearly improved, as has our defence since the start of the season. MW made a point to affect our play around being more solid at the back and not so gung ho.

People remember what they want to remember just to suit their opinion.

In general nearly every Rangers fan on here clearly expects 90+ minutes of perfection every week.

Its like watching a lower division steven whittaker, 

Few of us called it in the st mirren game at ibrox early season that tav is rotten at the back, will probably offer more overall but in games against good opposition he is more noticable for his lack of defensive abilities

6 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

There's already a thread with people slagging him. No need for another one.

Tav is the new Waghorn, it's the RM way.  Lose a game, go Iinto meltdown and find a scapegoat.

Total Complacency in every department and still missing far too many chances.

6 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

How much have you actually watched Wabara this season?

Or is it just another example where we pluck a name out of thin air and just assume they are better? If so, do we miss McAusland or Sinnamon?

Tav is not a naturally defensive player but, for those who haven't noticed, we don't play with defensive fullbacks and offensively, his predominant role in how we play, he has been immense for us. A revelation.

He has come on in recent months defensively though, but we are happier defining our team and players off of just 90 minutes every week rather than looking at the whole picture.

People want perfection. Good luck with that.

Only a few weeks ago this place was full of adulation for how much he's improved and become better and now threads doing an autopsy on the guy for a poor 30 mins!?

8 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

How is a player you haven't seen a relevant contrast? What you haven't seen of Wabara makes you think he can tackle?

180 minutes out of a season then...

He has clearly improved, as has our defence since the start of the season. MW made a point to affect our play around being more solid at the back and not so gung ho.

People remember what they want to remember just to suit their opinion.

In general nearly every Rangers fan on here clearly expects 90+ minutes of perfection every week.

I said I hadn't seen much of him, not I hadn't seen any of him.

My other replies cover most of your post.

9 hours ago, BEE said:

Was at game and surprised to not see anything on him, he offers nothing defensively - he got ripped to pieces off Obadeyi vs Killie and I think this is going to be a common occurance.

Of course he's been outstanding going forward, but needs to work on his defending.

Did we miss a player in Wabara?

He assisted our first which wins him plus points but he is a real problem just now. I don't know if he needs benched or what the issue is with him, maybe confidence? But who do we have that can step in?

MW strikes me as a loyal guy so it will be interesting to see how he combats this in the summer.

These coments are what the rest of scottish footballs fans want to hear, then they can sit and pass it on without even having seen our players, the thing is he probably switched off last night but there's no doubt in my mind he is the best RB in scotland and can also defend. He also didn't get ripped off Obadeyi that's just because Obadey looks athletic you have honed in but  the reality is Tav put a wet blanket over him.

He needs to focus on defending first then any attacking is a bonus. That'll still mean plenty of forward play but he must be able to return to his first and most important duty, at the back, whenever he's needed.

Yet again our woeful midfield escape free of criticism, watch Halliday and Shiels at their last goal, shocking.

Tav, contender for poty, is the new Zelalem.  Yes needs to work on defending. Others  alo need to drop back in coverage when he bombs forward.  Forrester is one of the few forward players willing to track back when Wallace charges forward.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I am far more concerned about the middle of our defence that Tav.

This is spot on Tavs positioning and Tackiling are suss at times but the middle of our defense is all over the place as soon as a balls delivered anywhere near our box.

This for me needs dealt with the most before other issues in the team.

The loss of 6 goals in just two matches is troubling though not an issue as such in terms of winning the Championship which is basically a done deal already.  But unless it's just a blip it could undoubtedly be a serious issue for next season.  Luckily we have a full close season ahead to remedy it.