Tavernier

BEE

Was at game and surprised to not see anything on him, he offers nothing defensively - he got ripped to pieces off Obadeyi vs Killie and I think this is going to be a common occurance.

Of course he's been outstanding going forward, but needs to work on his defending.

Did we miss a player in Wabara?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BEE said:

Was at game and surprised to not see anything on him, he offers nothing defensively - he got ripped to pieces off Obadeyi vs Killie and I think this is going to be a common occurance.

Of course he's been outstanding going forward, but needs to work on his defending.

Did we miss a player in Wabara?

If you read through the match thread you'll find he did get criticised for his defensive performance tonight.

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

If you read through the match thread you'll find he did get criticised for his defensive performance tonight.

Well there's the flaw in your argument there.

I don't mind him not being like Davie Weir in the tackle, but at the end of the day he's still a defender - if he can't make any attempt at going for the ball then he shouldn't be there.

If these guys were the complete package, they wouldn't be signing for us in the Scottish 2nd tier.

Tav like many others has potential if he can improve his defending he'll be a hell of a player

Warburton needs to take some sort of blame for that as well, why change it ? 

Tavernier was absolutely honking in that second half, ball Wilson and kiernan rank rotten at all 3 goals as well, get it fucking sorted Rangers 

One comment randomly picked from the match thread. There's lots more

2 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

There's already a thread with people slagging him. No need for another one.

Is this match thread? If so rarely read it - was at the game so why would I want to review the opinions of people who (in the main) watched a stream of a video camera from the touchline?

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Is this match thread? If so rarely read it - was at the game so why would I want to review the opinions of people who (in the main) watched a stream of a video camera from the touchline?

There is the link actually mate. 

I was was at the game too, doesn't make you special. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

There is the link actually mate. 

I was was at the game too, doesn't make you special. 

Tav doesn't play right back so does it make me special that I realise that?

How much have you actually watched Wabara this season?

Or is it just another example where we pluck a name out of thin air and just assume they are better? If so, do we miss McAusland or Sinnamon?

Tav is not a naturally defensive player but, for those who haven't noticed, we don't play with defensive fullbacks and offensively, his predominant role in how we play, he has been immense for us. A revelation.

He has come on in recent months defensively though, but we are happier defining our team and players off of just 90 minutes every week rather than looking at the whole picture.

People want perfection. Good luck with that.

He can't defend, end of. Why do you think they kept pumping balls out to their left wing?  That is by no means because of his howlin defensive display tonight.  He just can't defend.  And if you look closely at his displays over the past 3/4 of the season you'll wonder what he's actually bringing.  His crosses are terrible.

Scored some goals early on and might do again but he's not the man we need.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He can't defend, end of. Why do you think they kept pumping balls out to their left wing?  That is by no means because of his howlin defensive display tonight.  He just can't defend.  And if you look closely at his displays over the past 3/4 of the season you'll wonder what he's actually bringing.  His crosses are terrible.

Scored some goals early on and might do again but he's not the man we need.

How many assists have we had from him? Including one tonight and a goal which was wrongly ruled offside? 

5 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

How much have you actually watched Wabara this season?

Or is just another example where we pluck a name out of thin air and just assume they are better? If so, do we miss McAusland or Sinnamon?

Tav is not a naturally defensive player but, for those who haven't noticed, we don't play with defensive fullbacks and offensively, his predominant role in how we play, he has been immense for us. A revelation.

He has come on in recent months defensively though, but we are happier defining our team and players off of just 90 minutes every week rather than looking at the whole picture.

People want perfection. Good luck with that.

Not seen much of Wabara admittedly but just using that as a contrast.

I've clearly not based it on 90 mins as I've quoted another game in my OP.

I disagree that he's came on defensively, he looks terrified to put in a tackle - when he does he either makes a foul or the player skips past.

Vs Obadeyi (who is an SPL jobber) he got the cunt tore out him and I can only rememeber him winning the ball once out the 7/8 times per game Obadeyi took him on.

I don't expect perfection, but I expect a guy playing in defence to be able to make a tackle.