Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Me too. That cunt Whyte had that put up and it reminds me of him every time I see it. It looks cheap and tacky just like him. Gives me the boke.

My missus makes fun of me now every time we drive by Ibrox because I moan about it anytime I see it. It's absolutely brutal. 

I don't see any need to redevelop at present time but clearly ongoing maintenance is essential.

Do wish we could find a way to make better use of the stadium between match days.  It's the focal point of our club and yet it lies dormant 90 percent of the time.

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

I'm sure you appreciate the meccano construction of your own clubs stand you filthy read battling bastard :redcard:

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

My missus makes fun of me now every time we drive by Ibrox because I moan about it anytime I see it. It's absolutely brutal. 

I'm surprised it hasn't been taken down yet.

It's as tacky as fuck and brings the stadium down.

We we would have the best stadium in Europe if it wasn't for it no fucking 9th!.:pipe:

I'd upgrade inside each stand where the catering is, especially in the copeland, disaster in there. Just make it look a lot more modern.

I'd get a jetwash to the top of the stands as well because the white panelling is manky.

Get Edminston drive turned into a walkway as well as making a walkway from the subway to the copeland through the car park

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm surprised it hasn't been taken down yet.

It's as tacky as fuck and brings the stadium down.

We we would have the best stadium in Europe if it wasn't for it no fucking 9th!.:pipe:

I genuinely agree. I'm going to sign a petition. 

In all honesty I drove by the Stadium tonight and its a disgrace compared to the Lion Rampant on the side of the Main Stand. Now there's a sign. 

29 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I genuinely agree. I'm going to sign a petition. 

In all honesty I drove by the Stadium tonight and its a disgrace compared to the Lion Rampant on the side of the Main Stand. Now there's a sign. 

Total contrast in the space of a 30 second drive.:angsum:

The Lion Rampant is my favourite sign at Ibrox. Oozes history.

They should replace the shitty CW sign with a big bright high tech Boxi Bear 3D logo that would inspire the kids.

I will be VERY disappointing if it still clings onto Ibrox next season.

1 hour ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

I prefer the screens so you can see replays live when you are at the game, also makes HT more interesting. 

If we ever developed it I guess you could see more blue about the place. 

I cant see any screens from my seat in the club deck. Not a major hassle, but a bit of a pain at times.

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

3 massive steep wall like stands, right close in up to the pitch, with the fear factor rippin right out of them, taking the capacity up to 80 thousand, we could always have big screens hanging down too and mibey a underground car park if we could afford it lol?

Nah that would frighten the kids, too much like the Saville dome. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

We are entering a new era and big things lie ahead for us. If we want to be at the top table we need to think and act big. Time to lead the way and shed the constraints of what we know and feel safe with. I await the oligarch but won't hold my breath.

Another shite stadium. Ibrox is special and is one of the best..without question!

10 minutes ago, harry handsome said:

Haven't been to Ibrox in over a decade, so have no first hand knowledge of the state the stadium fell into however, the stadium is our spiritual home It oozes class and the facade on the main stand is unrivalled.

She is still as awe inspiring as ever.

I pass her on the way to and from work every day.

Always makes me smile.

2 hours ago, superallysbears said:

3 massive steep wall like stands, right close in up to the pitch, with the fear factor rippin right out of them, taking the capacity up to 80 thousand, we could always have big screens hanging down too and mibey a underground car park if we could afford it lol?

This plus have the Copland as an all standing stand like the yellow wall at Dortmund.

Would like to see those screens filled in with seats and have smaller ones put in the corner or beside the big gap at both ends of the enclosure............that being said I would also like to see some development around those daft staircases that lead upto the club deck, whoever designed that needs a kick in the balls because it stops any good chance of creating continuous seating all around the stadium. Surely some clever clogs can find a way of closing that area in a little which joins up the both ends to the broomie and Copland

Clean it, fresh lick of paint, make it look less like the 80s, keep the screens but make them smaller and add seats to areas around it, something in the area above the club shop and the other side and REMOVE THE STUPID FAMILY STAND BIT 

Guest Lloyd72

turn the copland or the broomloan into something like The Sudtribune, bring the stands closer to the pitch to increase the atmosphere and bring a bigger fear factor to games, Safe standing is something the club should be looking into

2 hours ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

Would be funny if there was added vibration pads into the away corner seats and then every time the away team concedes start vibrating their seats really strongly to jolt them out of their seats, wouldn't happen though.

Or else if it was an OF game, and when we score add in a foam blaster into the away corner to blast their fans in foam but it owuldn't happen lol

What kind of fucking queer hawk shite is this?

1 hour ago, harry handsome said:

Haven't been to Ibrox in over a decade, so have no first hand knowledge of the state the stadium fell into however, the stadium is our spiritual home It oozes class and the facade on the main stand is unrivalled.

Boycott finished years ago ffs Harry.