Would you wear green

Ahem... Interested to know how guys on here feel about this... I'm 37 years old and would like to think of myself as mature!??.... So.. I've been a bluenose all my days and whilst I'm a tad too old to wear rangers tops casually now (perhaps another topic of debate there) I tend to have mainly blue clothes!! i was playing golf the other day with a fellow Rangers fan and when I met him at the course he was wearing a bright green long sleeved base layer under a black shirt with a green pinstripe.... First thing I said was "what the absolute fuck are you wearing my son?!?!" (He's a couple o years younger than me) his reply was that he liked green and was far too old to care about the whole rangers fans don't wear green pish... I just couldn't accept that I would ever be too old to wear green, as daft/immature as it sounds I simply detest the colour! Am I simply a clown to think like this, am I in the minirity?? Where better to find out than on here I said to myself, so would you wear green???

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern Ireland, and more generally Irish rugby fans, would happily wear green. I agree it's bizarre a fully grown man can't wear a particular colour because Celtic wear it. It's not like they own the colour. If anything, if you liked green but didn't wear because of them, you're actually changing your life and behaviour because of Celtic. Fair play to your mate.

3 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

Should only be worn by the unemployed,peadophiles and those serving commuinty payback orders

What about the NI national kit? 

I don't wear much green, but I have a tight, light green, flecked, V-neck T-shirt which goes well with my physique.

I also have an old West German army parka from my student days that an ex bought me. I  think that's green too. 

Dont wear it and threatened to leave my work if our uniform went green, navy with florescent yellow, im taking that as a win :D

I actually dont like the colour,  no green clothing or green in my house and I would tell my mrs I didn't like a dress or the likes if she came in with one thats green.

Looks like snotters ffs!

As a bairn I always remember my grandad not allowing anything green in his house, I'm the exact same tbh. Interesting to see that some on here are completely fine wearing green. I guess the NI colours do make it a little less unacceptable in my head but it's still a no for me

2 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

What about the NI national kit? 

I don't wear much green, but I have a tight, light green, flecked, V-neck T-shirt which goes well with my physique.

I also have an old West German army parka from my student days that an ex bought me. I  think that's green too. 

I really shouldnt have to say NI can wear their green that goes without saying although its not for me but i know many bears who wear it

The difference would be the shade of green ...... Used to own a 1976 VW Kombi camper van, and a friend of mine from NI who was an auto spray painter, resprayed it for me (as part of it's overhauling project), and the colour we both settled on was green ....... but only one shade could be considered ........ British Racing Green of course (with a pearlescent mix) it looked brilliant and made the Union flag in the back window look like a shining beacon of hope amidst a sea of green.

To this day I regret letting it go, as I remember it fondly as a great shaggin wagon as it was fully kitted out for camping trips with a double bed in the back ....... such was its success with the female of the species that it got named after the early Fleetwood Mac (with Peter Green), and was thus nicknamed Fleetwood Mattress. 

As for wearing green ....... not on your life if it was akin to the septic colour that they wear ....... but I have worn polo shirts that have been very dark green (forest green), and don't have a problem with that particular shade of green as I don't associate it with them in any way.

:uk:

Nothing wrong with either colour. 

I'm sure many Northern Ireland supporters will dislike this thread. 

I swapped a Gers scarf I was wearing before  the St Etienne-Bayern Munich European Cup final or a green and white St Etienne one which I wore. 

I still hate cellic.