Official Club POTY 2016

Was always going to be tough with only 5 spots available but no Waghorn or Tavernier?

Also McKay makes both POTY and YPOTY shortlists.  While I think he has been amazing this year, I'm not sure I'd have him on both especially when some class senior players have missed out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay, McKay

Waghorn's contribution as been immense, but he has been our priority penalty taker and started up front whenever fit, so was always going to be high up in the goal tables. McKay's work rate is huge. He covers acres of ground and gets booted up and down the park week in week out. Read somewhere that nearly 75% of our wing attacks have been on the left side this season.

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Who did RFCRobertson suck off to get Kiernan on that list. :lol:

A full-back with 30 goals/assists left out for a defender who has made the most individual mistakes this season. Unbelievable!

As soon as I saw he was on it, I knew you were gonna say that :lol: :wanker:

The only defense I could make for him is, outside of Match threads he's never had a thread dedicated to him saying how bad he's doing or that he's needing a break. He has been consistent and like you said he's made errors that's cost us goals. But I think he does deserve a place for being in the running, he shouldn't get it though ahead of Lee or Jason. He won't if my POTY thread is anything to go by :cool:

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

RFCRobertsons POTY was better.

First one was dynamite :cool: If that was any indication of things then Lee Wallace will get it in a landslide. And rightfully so. 

Captain and McKay my vote.

What a fantastic year it's been though, what a contrast from last year when we were struggling to name one player who deserved the honour of Rangers POTY...

These days we are disappointed in the fact there are some deserving names missing on the shortlist.

Fantastic stuff.

2 hours ago, The Rangers FC said:

Pish shortlist.

To be fair to the club they are trailing a new potty voting system , based loosely around the system used to devise Club1872 , what you have here is not the final list , it was prepared by a select group of club officials , after the initial round of voting the general support gets the chance to mould the list into what it deems an acceptable list . All for just a 50 p donation .

And if you can't chuckle at that , get a fuckkng life lol