Anybody here regularly drink in Partick?

Carsons Dog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Cammy. Watp. said:

live next door to the vicoria but rarely go in because my flat mate is a tim. Opinions on it? Usually drink in the dorus because it seems to be a bit more neutral

Your flat mates a diçk

13 hours ago, Cammy. Watp. said:

live next door to the vicoria but rarely go in because my flat mate is a tim. Opinions on it? Usually drink in the dorus because it seems to be a bit more neutral

Cracking wee pub. Loads of good guys and the staff are lovely as well. No complaints on quality of the pint either

The Windsor is a good pub as well, my Mum's cousin runs it and he's a massive bluenose. 

5 hours ago, Barrhead loyalist said:

Tennament bar mate took it over year ago turning it in to blue nose shop 

Was a ned filled shitehole back in the days when it was The Ettrick (then there was the hilariously failed stint of being renamed Heisenberg's when Breaking Bad was at it's peak). Was only surpassed by the chavtastic horror of the Partick Tavern (now called Partick Brewing Company).

Hope the Tenement is now much better (tu)

Although it's true that it's a no team colours type of boozer now the Hay burn (  Deoch an Dorus) is far from a pretentious wine bar...decent pint and plenty big screens for the footie.

Don't get me wrong it's a  absolute gutter that it's no longer a Rangers boozer (so many memories in there) however Paul (the tarrier) that used to have it ran it into the ground.  Place was boggin, shit TV'S, he wasn't willing to spend a penny on it and it's tarrier bar staff acted exactly like they were....Tarriers. 

Considering the volume of Blue Noses in Partick I have always thought there is a gap for an out and out Rangers bar (tunes and colours) Don't get me wrong there are plenty Rangers bars (Rosie, Windsor etc) however I think  a Louden west end could do a decent trade.

20 minutes ago, markem said:

Although it's true that it's a no team colours type of boozer now the Hay burn (  Deoch an Dorus) is far from a pretentious wine bar...decent pint and plenty big screens for the footie.

Don't get me wrong it's a  absolute gutter that it's no longer a Rangers boozer (so many memories in there) however Paul (the tarrier) that used to have it ran it into the ground.  Place was boggin, shit TV'S, he wasn't willing to spend a penny on it and it's tarrier bar staff acted exactly like they were....Tarriers. 

Considering the volume of Blue Noses in Partick I have always thought there is a gap for an out and out Rangers bar (tunes and colours) Don't get me wrong there are plenty Rangers bars (Rosie, Windsor etc) however I think  a Louden west end could do a decent trade.

Think Partick has more than enough pubs already. Stayed in Partick many years ago and there was always talk of the 'Trendy West End' stretching out along Dumbarton Road. Never quite happened and Partick just seems to now be full of bookies, cash for gold shops, thrift shops and a bizarrely high number of hair/beauty salons.

44 minutes ago, markem said:

Totally agree mate 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Been a ned filled shithole since it's days of being The Ettrick (hilariously failed stint of being renamed Heisenberg's when Breaking Bad was at it's peak). Only surpassed by the chavtastic horror of the Partick Tavern (now called Partick Brewing Company).

I've been in a couple of times since it opened as the tenement and it's now a decent pub.

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Used to like Reids and Memories was a real bluenose pub.  Remember trying to persuade a guy to run across from Memories to the Dolphin and shout Trick or Treat.  The latter is a 20 year old joke so the pups may not get it.

Elaborate?

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

I've been in a couple of times since it opened as the tenement and it's now a decent pub.

Haven't been in since it became the Tenement to be fair, so I'll take your word for it. It just seems that pubs can sometimes struggle to shake off the unwanted clientele from previous incarnations.