keeper required

bomber

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, bomber said:

thanks for the comebacks guys and tbh I hope big wes does go on to be a great keeper for us.i respect everyones views,but for me it was only an opinion watp!!!

Can you try using your space bar and the shift key. Your typing is as bad as your judgement of a goalkeeper. 

20 hours ago, bomber said:

do you think we need to invest in another keeper.big wes has been great for us up until the last couple of weeks but has been easily beaten by shots from distance lately,also his balls from feet has been heart in mouth stuff and all this in this crappy division.when we step up next season we will need a keeper who exudes confidence in his defence and vice versa.our keeper will need to improve considerably next season if we are to make a go of it!!!

I disagree about ball kicking. He's a decent keeper but well short of what we had, Goram, Klos and McGregor.

On 3/25/2016 at 10:18 PM, bomber said:

do you think we need to invest in another keeper.big wes has been great for us up until the last couple of weeks but has been easily beaten by shots from distance lately,also his balls from feet has been heart in mouth stuff and all this in this crappy division.when we step up next season we will need a keeper who exudes confidence in his defence and vice versa.our keeper will need to improve considerably next season if we are to make a go of it!!!

Some points I agree with such as some of his distribution has been poor were the ball has been gifted to the other team's frontline but luckily since it's against the likes of St Mirren, Alloa etc they haven't scored. Still I prefer he tries to play football rather than punt it up the park & we lose possession as he's not doing it with every pass. I generally feel he is a good shot stopper & some saves he's pulled this season have been top drawer. If anything we need a kepper for backup for Wes.

Falkirk game before they scored their first Wes pulled off 3 or 4 great saves in 5/10mins. He is a very good goalkeeper could sharpen up in some areas such as catching some shots but very little wrong with his ever improving game. I like how Mr Warburton insists that the keepers train with the outfield players when playing quick 5s games etc get them practicing being on the ball

We have the lowest goals against and the best goal difference in the league. 

We are not a perfect team, and Wes, like others will make mistakes but he has made important saves for us in several games this season where we have won by a single goal. He should be backed, not criticised when he has a dip.