Waghorn

we lost our most important player when he got injured and I'm sure we all thought, this is gonna be hard.  A young squad, who would fill the void?  Has Miller been forced to play more than Warburton wanted?  Could Warburton be surprised at the step up Miller has made? 

How will we shape up once he's fit?  He's one of those players surely guaranteed a game - does Miller lose out and go back to being an impact sub?  Does O'Halloran miss out and Miller plays beside Waghorn?  O'Halloran is maybe seen as the replacement for Miller - it makes sense surely to blood him with Waghorn.  

Great at problem to have and I can't wait to see Waghorn fit again, hopefully be kicking a ball again in a few weeks

I expect Kenny will be on the bench...he has been terrific for us and we have barely missed Waggy. That said he had a poor game yesterday. Giving the ball away and link up play wasnt as good as its been.

Glad MoH got his goal. The boy is perhaps trying too hard but i think he will come good in time.

Waghorn has been missed,  Miller has filled the void and done an admirable job but Waghorn when playing well was bullying defences and holding onto the ball to allow other around to get into the play. Miller is a great sub to bring on and grab goals in the last half hour.

54 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I expect Kenny will be on the bench...he has been terrific for us and we have barely missed Waggy. That said he had a poor game yesterday. Giving the ball away and link up play wasnt as good as its been.

Glad MoH got his goal. The boy is perhaps trying too hard but i think he will come good in time.

I thought we should have subbed Miller when Clark came on. Was really blowing it out his arse at that point.

1 hour ago, He's blue he's white said:

we lost our most important player when he got injured and I'm sure we all thought, this is gonna be hard.  A young squad, who would fill the void?  Has Miller been forced to play more than Warburton wanted?  Could Warburton be surprised at the step up Miller has made? 

How will we shape up once he's fit?  He's one of those players surely guaranteed a game - does Miller lose out and go back to being an impact sub?  Does O'Halloran miss out and Miller plays beside Waghorn?  O'Halloran is maybe seen as the replacement for Miller - it makes sense surely to blood him with Waghorn.  

Great at problem to have and I can't wait to see Waghorn fit again, hopefully be kicking a ball again in a few weeks

Miller was playing the better of the two before the Waghorn injury. Waghorn did better throughout the season though overall.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think he'll play against the paedophiles 

Hope not as he won't be match fit. I don't think he should just walk back into the side as this sends out the wrong message to others in the squad. As has been said, we have not really missed him.

I like what Waggy brings to the team but in all honesty I always felt we would be fine without him in the team.

We don't play with an out and out striker and all 3 front men have to be versatile. Take away his penalties and the goal scoring chart is pretty close.............I will be delighted to have him back of course and like his direct running at players, always preferred him out wide.

Bench will be his target I think since we'll be short of numbers again due to 2 players being cup tied.

As of this moment in time our bench would be Bell Law Clark Shiels Zelalem so would be good to have Waggy in there also

I think he was tiring badly before the injury and in a strange way it might be a blessing in disguise, hopefully having been rested and if he trains and plays before Bheast FC I think he will be pivotal in bullying Mulgrew et al.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not convinced it would have made a difference mate, he's had stinkers against Falkirk.

He's never scored against Falkirk this season. 

It's been Barrie McKay (twice) Shiels, Wallace, Tav, Miller and Billy King that's scored against them. 

So you've got a point. The only difference he could've made was a possible goal but at that it still would've been a draw.