Pub in Oban for game vs them

MisterC

Needing some help please folks. Gonna be in Oban on day of when we play them and was wondering which pub is best to watch it in? I know most pubs are mixed there and my gf isn't into soccer so isn't best placed to advise.

Anyone able to assist please?

28 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Needing some help please folks. Gonna be in Oban on day of when we play them and was wondering which pub is best to watch it in? I know most pubs are mixed there and my gf isn't into soccer so isn't best placed to advise.

Anyone able to assist please?

Dump her

1 hour ago, ObanBoy said:

The Tartan will have the best atmosphere mate but it's fucking tiny so you might have a hard job getting in. Markie Dans is probably the best but mate, that's where I'll be anyway

Was in there 2 weeks ago and it's a good wee pub. Had a guy playing the accordion and he played penny arcade which was good. May give MD a go, cheers for heads up (tu)

Coasters along the seafront would be my choice tbh.Quite a few of my mates heading there so you'll be in good company.

Markie Dans is further along and isn't too bad as is Aulays in the town centre.

Avoid the Claredon and the Woodside.

41 minutes ago, jcb said:

Coasters along the seafront would be my choice tbh.Quite a few of my mates heading there so you'll be in good company.

Markie Dans is further along and isn't too bad as is Aulays in the town centre.

Avoid the Claredon and the Woodside.

Auleys is good have been in there a few times recently. Has sky which helps...

9 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I was in Oban a few years back and watched a game in a pub which was yellow and blue on the outside near the train station , seemed to be mostly other Rangers fans in the place 

The Claredon i believe.

You must have got lucky that day. Usually full of wee neds and junkie types. ie them.

Fuck me, I've got old.

Used to get the bus from Fort William with a mate to go on a bender in Oban, none of these names ring a bell in my day, hope the Lorne and Oban Inn are still going strong!!

PS, You could well be advised to stay clear of O'Donnell's, sounds very tiagy.

Just now, Carling1873 said:

Fuck me, I've got old.

Used to get the bus from Fort William with a mate to go on a bender in Oban, none of these names ring a bell in my day, hope the Lorne and Oban Inn are still going strong!!

PS, You could well be advised to stay clear of O'Donnell's, sounds very tiagy.

Lorne still going.

Oban Inn shut about 8 or 9 years ago, maybe longer.

O'Donnells full of backpackers and doesn't open for most of the year.

Fuck, the Oban Inn shut, was out my face a few time in there :(.

Aye it was some place back in the day. Coming down the stairs from the top bar was a feat in itself

Spent about a week in there one night

Yeah, odd setup, however snug in the public bar was what made it for me.

Agree  with that. The Argyll next door also shut down and was the biggest Rangers bar in town. The Cellar bar next to that only opens from Friday to Sunday. Sad days but great memories

1 minute ago, jcb said:

Agree  with that. The Argyll next door also shut down and was the biggest Rangers bar in town. The Cellar bar next to that only opens from Friday to Sunday. Sad days but great memories

Really sad how things have changed and not for the better, still have some family in Oban so Hey Ho some goodtime still to be had in the future.

I'm not even sure myself where we're gonna watch it but right now Markies is the shout. Coasters is good for football but I don't get on with the owner. JCB, I fucking love the Clarry but I think that's because it was the only place that let me in when I was 16/17 haha. Avoid the Woodside at all costs, or whatever it's called this week. The Lorne for closing but, always good for a sunday

My mate is getting married to a Chinese girl who's Dad owns a Chinese restaurant in Oban. He's a massive Rangers fan (goes to the games with me) and all her family are too. 

Moral of the story is  - most of the Chinese people in Oban are bears so have a right good time. No matter what pub you end up in. 

9 hours ago, ObanBoy said:

I'm not even sure myself where we're gonna watch it but right now Markies is the shout. Coasters is good for football but I don't get on with the owner. JCB, I fucking love the Clarry but I think that's because it was the only place that let me in when I was 16/17 haha. Avoid the Woodside at all costs, or whatever it's called this week. The Lorne for closing but, always good for a sunday

Aye, you'll be one of the wee neds i was talking about.

48 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Didn't the Tartan and Argyll once share the same toilets?

Seem to remember going to the loo in the Tartan and coming out of it in the Argyll or maybe it was the copious amount of drink,hehe

Jesus that must have been some piss, they are about 500 yards apart and on different streets :-)