First real criticism of Warburton

Jakes Pal

35 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

He wants to act like a real manager instead of acting like a manager.

And again he is apparently so incompetent in comparison to you that directly after a season in which he took a provincial side to within touching distance of the EPL from the 7th richest league in Europe he has now won the Scottish Championship by a mile at the same time as guiding the team into a Scottish cup semi final and all with with a group of what you yourself said are "ordinary players"

As I said i'm happy with his judgement ahead of yours but fully expect you to throw your own magic hat into the ring if he ever leaves when you in your imagination would undoubtedly eclipse everything he has ever done in football.  What exactly are your credentials again aside from talking which most people can manage with little problems?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are far from the finished article, and it will take years for us to get back to the level we used to be.

Warburton has worked wonders so far though, on and off the pitch.  I was as gutted as anybody today, but I think we need to keep the faith.  Not only this season but the next few, I'm sure there will be plenty more speedbumps in the road! 

I'm not criticizing anyone. I think we were just cheated out of a result today to be honest, Kenny Millers goal should have stood to make it 4-2 but it was disallowed even though I think it was probably onside.

Raith were given a penalty from a dive which our keeper saved. There most likely wouldn't have been a penalty if our goal stood, if there was no penalty we would have most likely won as in my opinion the missed penalty rallied them and they got lucky and managed to stumble it over the line from a last second corner, in the 93rd minute. I doubt if there should even have been a stoppage time as long as that as well to be honest, if that was Man U two years ago Alex Ferguson would have been all over that even before the goal went in

I think we had some good play on a pitch which gave their style of hoof ball the advantage as passes etc. don't run true on their type of bumpy surface, probably helped them hoofball and stumble in their corner in luckily too.

A positive for me is that we will have the next game in four days then a good run before we get promoted, and next season we can say goodbye to all these teams like we are playing in league matches just now.

Mark has been brilliant so far. He has the nucleus of a great squad, but he needs some critical finishing touches to his starting 11.

The spine of the team needs strengthened.

Bring in a top class centre half with lots of pace ( Bougherra style ), a central midfielder who has pace, power, composure and energy ( Stuart M'call style ) and a creative striker with pace and deadly finishing ( a younger Kenny Miller style ). 

This combined with what we currently have would see us genuinely challenging for the title next season...

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

And again he is apparently so incompetent in comparison to you that directly after a season in which he took a provincial side to within touching distance of the EPL from the 7th richest league in Europe he has now won the Scottish Championship by a mile at the same time as guiding the team into a Scottish cup semi final and all with with a group of what you yourself said are "ordinary players"

As I said i'm happy with his judgement ahead of yours but fully expect you to throw your own magic hat into the ring if he ever leaves when you in your imagination would undoubtedly eclipse everything he has ever done in football.  What exactly are your credentials again aside from talking which most people can manage with little problems?

Whoopee fucken doo he's done fuck all the real test is next year and beyond and he hasn't set the heather on fire this season either, maybe your happy with fucking over also rans.

Haven't read through the posts, excuse me if I go over old ground.

Two points from me, a couple of players were slack with passing and we put ourselves under pressure. The other point being, wrap up the title without making any subs and take the pressure off the boys a bit for the rest of the season, allows us to give fringe players a game.

28 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Whoopee fucken doo he's done fuck all the real test is next year and beyond and he hasn't set the heather on fire this season either, maybe your happy with fucking over also rans.

Managers Objective - win promotion

Tuesday - job done with a handful of games left

MW has changed the Rangers in so many ways from introducing a football style, to a revamp of the scouting system, to opening up paths to the first team for youngsters.  This has been achieved in a space of nine months,  Last summer we had to get rid of 11 or so pieces of deadwood and MW / DW had to build a complete new team.  That was achieved for under 2M (MOH excluded) and we have seen success stories in Wes, Tav, Waghorn, Holt, Halliday and now Harry Forrester.  Barry McKay has grown immensely under MW, so yes whoooopeee fukkin doo.

We will win the league and have a reasonable shout at the Scottish Cup if we keep playing football and don't lose our composure.   We should be 3 for 3 against top flight  opposition this season if not for a shoddy showing against St J.   in a match we dominated.

if you seriously do not think we have improved under MW then you need to stop going to Ibrox and perhaps find another sport like fishing, cause football is not for you.  

Just because a manager does the least hes expected to do doesnt mean hes free from criticism. I love Warburton but these issues need addressed, yes were promoted, yes hes a great manager and the man for the job, but yes weve won the league, our defense is still woeful. and while I want the manager and players issues to be handled behind closed doors i want to see the results on the pitch and we havent thus far.

Still, were gonnae win the league, hibs are pish and its party time on Tuesday!

i just think it's shocking we let 3 goals in. could've been 4 if it wasn't for that amazing save from wes.

as for the subs at ~60mins i just feel like it's forced. aye it's good to take someone off if they aren't doing well and to freshen the team up but it's so predictable. it's came back to bite us in the arse a few times too.

47 minutes ago, Briton said:

If Ball was fit the decision to bring Zelalem on could only be for one reason. That stinks.

Agreed,Thought Ball was a cert to come on at that stage just to steady the ship but hey,we defend from the front,apparently?Hard to do that against hoof ball though.

The manager is clearly correct in that, if the players on the bench are not good enough to slot into the 11 as when required then they simply shouldn't be there at all.

Players who have done well for us most.of.the season are now failing to perform when given a chance. Maybe the pressure of.trying to.win a new contract and to perform is proving too much for the like of Sheils and co?

They ayleast dont seem short on effort or will, whereas the camera turned to our bench @ 1-0 and that knob Law was sitting with a smile.as.wide as the Clyde, sooner W&W get rid of the deadwood the better.

More wee Harry Forrester's please, wee.man reminds me of Nacho, heart of a lion & no surrender attitude all the way.

9 hours ago, danger ranger said:

FFS pal I know people from Wishaw are usually miserable types but you take it to extremes.

If you found £50 you would probably moan it wasn't a hundred