Hugh Burns as Tom Mllers sidekick

pcbear

Absolutely terrible.  The wall to wall insanity all but ruined it for me.  I disagree with BP, I don't want partisanship, I want good commentary.   All that really means is he makes excuses for poor play by a Rangers player and  throwing rationality out of the window when it comes to a refereeing decision.  It's great when we score though, I'll give you that.

I also want the pundit to only put his oar in when something of note happens, as it used to be.   These days they have to talk non-fucking stop and it's 90% drivel.  'Oh he over hit that pass and it's gone out for a throw'.  Yes I fucking know! Tom Miller just said that and I'm fucking watching!  You'd think they were on radio.  To be fair it's not just Hugh.  Gordon  'I scored against Juventus' Smith is another, but Tom gets all these guest talking too much simplistic crap. 

As for Tom Miller.  The guy is a very good commentator, when he commentates that is. He is extremely knowledgeable about Rangers and obviously loves the club.  I just wish he'd concentrate on the game; he seems to want to just commentate on the highlights whilst jibbering inanely about irrelevant shite for large parts of the game.  Actually yesterday wasn't so bad on that score, ironically, as Hugh filled in the blanks with his constant white noise. 

Been meaning to rant about this for a while. :)

27 minutes ago, Briton said:

Absolutely terrible.  The wall to wall insanity all but ruined it for me.  I disagree with BP, I don't want partisanship, I want good commentary.   All that really means is he makes excuses for poor play by a Rangers player and  throwing rationality out of the window when it comes to a refereeing decision.  It's great when we score though, I'll give you that.

I also want the pundit to only put his oar in when something of note happens, as it used to be.   These days they have to talk non-fucking stop and it's 90% drivel.  'Oh he over hit that pass and it's gone out for a throw'.  Yes I fucking know! Tom Miller just said that and I'm fucking watching!  You'd think they were on radio.  To be fair it's not just Hugh.  Gordon  'I scored against Juventus' Smith is another, but Tom gets all these guest talking too much simplistic crap. 

As for Tom Miller.  The guy is a very good commentator, when he commentates that is. He is extremely knowledgeable about Rangers and obviously loves the club.  I just wish he'd concentrate on the game; he seems to want to just commentate on the highlights whilst jibbering inanely about irrelevant shite for large parts of the game.  Actually yesterday wasn't so bad on that score, ironically, as Hugh filled in the blanks with his constant white noise. 

Been meaning to rant about this for a while. :)

RTV mate with died in the wool commentators, commentating for died in the wool fans, hits the spot for me.

14 minutes ago, pcbear said:

RTV mate with died in the wool commentators, commentating for died in the wool fans, hits the spot for me.

It will with most I guess.  Like I say, I find it annoying and I don't need wrapping in cotton wool. 

8 minutes ago, Briton said:

It will with most I guess.  Like I say, I find it annoying and I don't need wrapping in cotton wool. 

Fair comment, there are untold other media platforms that are imo completely the other way, maybe that's why its as refreshing as it is unusual, yip they cut the players a bit of slack and they are not John Motson clones, but they are fans the same as you and me.

Wonder who RTV will line up for Tuesday and for the Cup games (assuming RTV gets a transmission feed for the cup games)?   

At some point in time I suppose it's possible we will see / hear Ally McCoist and / or Walter Smith.     They've both had the sense to stay well out of the media light to let MW and the team get on with the business of winning the league.  But at some stage I guess they will want to comment on the achievement of the team this season and to congratulate MW/DW.  Wonder if the place for this might be RTV.    TBH, for all the failings as the Manager, Ally the player is legend.  Ally commenting on celebrating winning promotion - would RTV have him there on Tuesday?

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Wonder who RTV will line up for Tuesday and for the Cup games (assuming RTV gets a transmission feed for the cup games)?   

At some point in time I suppose it's possible we will see / hear Ally McCoist and / or Walter Smith.     They've both had the sense to stay well out of the media light to let MW and the team get on with the business of winning the league.  But at some stage I guess they will want to comment on the achievement of the team this season and to congratulate MW/DW.  Wonder if the place for this might be RTV.    TBH, for all the failings as the Manager, Ally the player is legend.  Ally commenting on celebrating winning promotion - would RTV have him there on Tuesday?

Lovenkrands was mentioned yesterday, not sure for what upcoming fixture though.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Bomber brown on Tuesday 

I enjoy listening to Miller and Burns.  Sure there is the odd cringe moment and the patter can be a bit dodgy at times but the guys are staunch and unapologetic about it.  What's not to like?

Glad this thread came up. Im a great Tom Miller fan he's my kind of Rangers man, totally dyed in the wool with some great quotes. A few weeks ago whilst on the attack at Ibrox a  defender barged into one of our players and wee Tam cries " get oot the way you", quality.

After the replay at Kilmarnock Warbuton was being interviewed for RTV and Tam was coming across the pitch in the background with DJ throwing his fists in the air, just like the rest of us totally elated at the last minute winner.

8 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Glad this thread came up. Im a great Tom Miller fan he's my kind of Rangers man, totally dyed in the wool with some great quotes. A few weeks ago whilst on the attack at Ibrox a  defender barged into one of our players and wee Tam cries " get oot the way you", quality.

After the replay at Kilmarnock Warbuton was being interviewed for RTV and Tam was coming across the pitch in the background with DJ throwing his fists in the air, just like the rest of us totally elated at the last minute winner.

My boy is 10 and he absolutely loves Tom Millers commentery,we have a great laugh watching on Rtv and listening to the great man himself.

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

If McCoist was commentating the mute button would be getting hammered.