How old is old enough?

scottyc06

to take your kids to the football? 

Just seen some woman on Facebook asking where would be best for her to sit with her 3 month old on Tues night!

Now, as a father, I get it, you want to take your kid to the football as soon as but 3 months?! Other than to say 'he was there' what the fucks the point?

For me it's bad enough taking a baby to the football, but a near sell out, a night time game & the noise likely to be generated with us winning the leauge it's just not right! 

I can't wait to take my boy, who's just turned 2, but don't really see the point? 

The bird seems to be getting a lot of support for taking her kid to the football, surely it's not just me that thinks it's a bit ridiculous?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a dad of three girls, I started taking my oldest when she was 8 or 9, think anything earlier is a bit of a nightmare tbh, my second oldest loves it, goes to away games the lot, wee yin is asking to go but at 5 I've decided to leave it a couple of years, at that age they can be put off quickly 

Hope she's paying for a ticket for the kid, we can't have her sneaking the wean in under her coat now can we.

seriously though another example of how women have wrecked it for men going to the fitba', I suppose she'll be telling everyone around her to "ssshhhhh, the weans sleeping".

I started taking my boy at 6 or 7 and he's been to almost every home gane since,totally hooked.

This Tuesday i am taking my girlfiends boy for his first ever game at Ibrox,he is 10 the same as my boy,cannot wait to see his face light up as we walk out the club deck to take our seats.

I went to my first match at 10 and I remember a lot about it, was the 4-0 win over Patrick thistle where tough, McCall and Erik Bo Andersen scored the goals. Laudo was on fire that day and I doubt I would remember nor appreciate this had I been much younger. Kids may like the atmosphere but they'll get bored very quickly.

For me I'd not go below 8 and they should watch it on the tele with you I.e. Show an interest in watching the games.

I agree 3 months is too young and its dangerous

But anything over 3 or 4 is fine IMO, Ibrox is a very safe stadium. Away games are different obv,my daughters been asking to go to an away game but some of the wee grounds are a bit dodgy so she's been told shell have to wait a couple years.

Wouldn't take her to an OF game, not cause its unsafe, she just wouldn't be able to see anything as everyone stands