Keep believing in Mark Warburton

TMB

Many need reminding that this Rangers team is still a work in progress.  The system we play heavily depends on a CDM which is something we don't currently have.  The CDM will shield the CBs and cover for the full-backs as and when they go forward.  Many on here are pointing fingers at the defence but we're actually pretty strong in that department.  I'd say we're weakest in midfield and the addition of an intelligent and experienced CDM will improve this team greatly.  All the great sides have a quality CDM and I'm sure Warburton will go out and get us one during the summer. 

Some might be tempted to blame Warburton for not signing a CDM in the first place but he did try.  He brought in John Eustace who Warburton obviously believed in but the guy just couldn't regain his fitness.  He also tried to get Diagouraga in January and for whatever reason that didn't happen either.  Warburton's tried during the last two windows to fix this problem but it just hasn't happened yet.  I'm sure he's well aware that this is a problem and has every intention of fixing it by next season.  When he does we'll concede a lot less goals.

It's far too soon for bashing the manager, the system, the players, etc.  The greatest team in the world play this exact same formation so there must be something to it.  It was made clear from the outset that attacking football would take time, there would be bad results, shock result, the fans need to keep the faith and believe in it.  We've conceded a number of goals in recent matches and the arses are starting to collapse.  This is when we should back the manager and his philosophy the most - This is what we wanted.

I'm actually in awe of Warburton.  He believes in attacking football so much that we're just going toe to toe with teams to see who can score the most.  The last time I seen someone do that was Bobby Robson's Barcelona.  Would you rather see us win 4-3 and draw 3-3 or go back to the Walter Smith days of winning 1-0 and drawing 0-0?  These are exciting times and I think this Old Firm game coming up could be one of the best we've ever seen.  We could win 3-0, get beat 3-0, draw 3-3, I honestly have no clue what the final result will be but I guarantee it'll be entertaining.  No matter what the end result of that game, just remember that we have the best manager in the country and he will deliver us that top-tier title.  The board asked us to back Warburton by filling the stadium and we've done that so let's see what happens in the summer (tu) 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see anyone not believing. Think almost all on here are happy with the big picture in terms of what he's doing. 

But there's nothing wrong with having opinions, and sometimes these are critical of him or the players.

It's football, it's a forum.

There's probably more who jump to the defence and defend against any criticism on here than there are not believing in MW or even doubting him.

I don't see how after 9 months its still a 'work in progress'

I agree with the gist and think we are on the right road and playing good football but we don't learn from our mistakes despite the manager and the players claiming to do so.

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The defence took all the praise and rightly so for plugging the gaps from the start of the season. So they have to take everything that's coming when they ship 9 goals in 3 games. 

If we evaluate the 9 goals lost. 3 from outside the box that were pretty decent strikes and you have to take your hat of to them. The other 6 goals were all from set pieces that we failed to clear at first time of asking which is pretty worrying, but we have got to remember that the teams taking points of us have something to play for and are going for it a bit more. If we get the result on Tuesday, we can then enjoy Hampden.

There is nothing to be critical about.  All we were promised was a return to the SPL as Championship winners and maybe a cup run as a bonus.  The Championship has been delivered in impressive fashion and we got our cup run.  ANY criticism of the man at this stage is unwarranted when he has given us all that was promised with the most exciting football we have seen in years.

He has never said the team was anything like the finished article and it isn't.  Who the hell could possibly do that in such a short time given the limited resources and non attractive nature of Scottish football?   It will take another step closer to that in the close season so we can look forward to seeing an even more potent team taking to the pitch at the start of next season.  Even right now there are few if any teams in Scotland who would relish a trip to Ibrox and by the start of next season that prospect will be even more intimidating.

It's all down to Mark Warburton and his staff and I have nothing but praise for what he has done for this club and effectively did it in a matter of weeks following the disaster of Motherwell last season.  The turnaround is almost miraculous in a season which may go down as the miracle season given the events coming out of Leicester too.

It's beyond ludicrous to criticise this man for delivering us everything that was promised in so short a time when you consider another man regarded as a managerial genius took 5 years to deliver anything close to the finished article at Manchester United.  We are on the first step of just such a journey so let's buckle in for the ride and hope we can keep Mr Warburton on board that long.

49 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There is nothing to be critical about.  All we were promised was a return to the SPL as Championship winners and maybe a cup run as a bonus.  The Championship has been delivered in impressive fashion and we got our cup run.  ANY criticism of the man at this stage is unwarranted when he has given us all that was promised with the most exciting football we have seen in years.

He has never said the team was anything like the finished article and it isn't.  Who the hell could possibly do that in such a short time given the limited resources and non attractive nature of Scottish football?   It will take another step closer to that in the close season so we can look forward to seeing an even more potent team taking to the pitch at the start of next season.  Even right now there are few if any teams in Scotland who would relish a trip to Ibrox and by the start of next season that prospect will be even more intimidating.

It's all down to Mark Warburton and his staff and I have nothing but praise for what he has done for this club and effectively did it in a matter of weeks following the disaster of Motherwell last season.  The turnaround is almost miraculous in a season which may go down as the miracle season given the events coming out of Leicester too.

It's beyond ludicrous to criticise this man for delivering us everything that was promised in so short a time when you consider another man regarded as a managerial genius took 5 years to deliver anything close to the finished article at Manchester United.  We are on the first step of just such a journey so let's buckle in for the ride and hope we can keep Mr Warburton on board that long.

Where to start <cr>

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Where to start <cr>

Start with you knowing how to do the job better that would be good for a laugh.  You would no doubt have won the league cup too instead of being popped out by St Johnstone and the league would have won been In January.  It's amazing he has got us so far when there are so many out there who know how to do it better.  And even more amazing the board hasn't dumped him for one of these footballing geniuses.

Maybe at least partly because he has delivered everything that was asked of him in the real world and not the internet fantasy version.

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Many need reminding that this Rangers team is still a work in progress.  The system we play heavily depends on a CDM which is something we don't currently have.  The CDM will shield the CBs and cover for the full-backs as and when they go forward.  Many on here are pointing fingers at the defence but we're actually pretty strong in that department.  I'd say we're weakest in midfield and the addition of an intelligent and experienced CDM will improve this team greatly.  All the great sides have a quality CDM and I'm sure Warburton will go out and get us one during the summer. 

Some might be tempted to blame Warburton for not signing a CDM in the first place but he did try.  He brought in John Eustace who Warburton obviously believed in but the guy just couldn't regain his fitness.  He also tried to get Diagouraga in January and for whatever reason that didn't happen either.  Warburton's tried during the last two windows to fix this problem but it just hasn't happened yet.  I'm sure he's well aware that this is a problem and has every intention of fixing it by next season.  When he does we'll conced a lot less goals.

It's far too soon for bashing the manager, the system, the players, etc.  The greatest team in the world play this exact same formation so there must be something to it.  It was made clear from the outset that attacking football would take time, there would be bad results, shock result, the fans need to keep the faith and believe in it.  We've conceded a number of goals in recent matches and the arses are starting to collapse.  This is the when we should back the manager and his philosophy the most - This is what we wanted.

I'm actually in awe of Warburton.  He believes in attacking football so much that we're just going toe to toe with teams to see who can score the most.  The last time I seen someone do that was Bobby Robson's Barcelona.  Would you rather see us win 4-3 and draw 3-3 or go back to the Walter Smith days of winning 1-0 and drawing 0-0?  These are exciting times and think this Old Firm game coming up could be one of the best we've ever seen.  We could win 3-0, get beat 3-0, draw 3-3, I honestly have no clue what the final result will be but I guarantee it'll be entertaining.  No matter what the end result of that game, just remember that we have the best manager in the country and he will deliver us that top-tier title.  The board asked us to back Warburton by filling the stadium and we've done that so let's see what happens in the summer (tu) 

I agree with most of this but winning is what is important - and I'd take a 1-0 over a 3-3 every day 

all great teams know how to hold a lead 

I still believe in MW, the players also have to keep believing in his philosophy too. In the last three games we have not been as solid as we had been, so what has changed? The players are getting a bit nervy - is that 3 injury time goals conceded in a row? The best form of defence is attack - we need to dominate the ball in the last 15 mins of games and go for the jugular.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't see how after 9 months its still a 'work in progress'

I agree with the gist and think we are on the right road and playing good football but we don't learn from our mistakes despite the manager and the players claiming to do so.

Agree that some players appear to be making the same mistakes and this is exactly why they are not good enough going forward.  

I do think it is a work in progress though, MW has had two windows and the Championship level of attractiveness to entice players. We'll have a much better idea of his abilities this time next year or dare I say it the year after. 

Our style of football was uninspiring and flat until last summer.  Everything about our approach and application has changed so that our focus is where it should be,  our performance.  Every interview MW reiterates the same point,  it's all about Rangers. His refusal to budge from that point and discuss other players and other teams has been a master stroke. Our fans will always have their opinion on how we should or should not play but at the end of the day it's MW and DWs opinions that matter.  We will be crowned Champions sooner or later and that was our main objective. Everything else is just icing on the cake.  

18 minutes ago, rolledoats said:

I still believe in MW, the players also have to keep believing in his philosophy too. In the last three games we have not been as solid as we had been, so what has changed? The players are getting a bit nervy - is that 3 injury time goals conceded in a row? The best form of defence is attack - we need to dominate the ball in the last 15 mins of games and go for the jugular.

MW attempts the "go for the jugular" with three attacking subs, he however never attempts the "hold the lead" - it is plain to see we don't have the depth of squad to do either. 

We do however have a starting 11 that can, which is why we should refrain from piling on three players in the last half hour of a game. 

Hopefully this will change when we bring in new players. 

Roll on Tuesday. 

Our priority this season was promotion, which we will achieve..

i think our lack of a CDM and general experience will cost us in the semi-final..

the transfer window will be vital. We need to strengthen and strengthen right. Personally, i'd like to see an experienced spine added to team..

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can we please stop with the "it's better than the last 3 years" that time has gone. 

Really?  So what should we have expected in such a short time after the last 3 years with a team that was thrown together in a matter weeks?  Should we have expected a runaway Championship title and Scottish cup semi?  

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Really?  So what should we have expected in such a short time after the last 3 years with a team that was thrown together in a matter weeks?  Should we have expected a runaway Championship title and Scottish cup semi?  

Warburton stands or falls on his own merits, just saying he's better than our worst ever manager is a bit insulting to be honest. 

47 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

MW attempts the "go for the jugular" with three attacking subs, he however never attempts the "hold the lead" - it is plain to see we don't have the depth of squad to do either. 

We do however have a starting 11 that can, which is why we should refrain from piling on three players in the last half hour of a game. 

Hopefully this will change when we bring in new players. 

Roll on Tuesday. 

Very good point. We've been doing it all season, yet it has only been in the last 3 games that it has caused us these problems?

I think the players are starting to feel the pressure of expectation a little and are starting to panic. This in turn leads to mistakes.

We need to keep calm v Dumbarton and get the job done, then we cane focus on the two cup games.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This is a work in progress but we do need to strengthen.

I agree.  I think everybody agrees including the manager who has openly stated the team will be strengthened yet some still feel a need to run down his achievements despite the fact he he has given us exactly what he said he would and I would say even more than any of us expected?