Next seasons budget

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick to designing training sessions to similate playing with 10 men for you team Robbie

It's a fair point to be fair, but anyone who thinks we will try to put a debt lasso around our neck like cfc have is unhinged

24m for a squad of dross that will become a debt mountain if they don't qualify for CL 3 years out of 5, it's like back of an envelope accounting

27 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Quality not quantity is the aim.

I was thinking the same thing.  3 players of quality will take us to the next level.  By quality I mean, good enough to walk straight in to any team in the country. 

the 24 mil is their wage budget and transfer budget combined probably, although Robbo appears to have plucked the figure out the sky, - not transfer budget

Celtic are psing their money up the wall

Anyone who would aspire to that level of wage bill for a squad of dross doesn't know what MW knows

Celtic are downsizing for a reason - it's unsustainable

Was reading an article the other day about recent celtic transfers. Guys like Bangura, Boerrigter etc. They have spent around 20million in recent seasons on players who are pish or simply haven't kicked a ball. This isn't including likes of Scot Allan etc.....If that is the model for a successful side then that mob are welcome to it. 

We absolutely should not go down a similar road. I'm surprised to hear that from Nielson actually (who I think is a pretty good young manager and hasn't really spoken much pish about us compared to some) as he has assembled a highly competitive SpL squad on a tiny budget. Only reason is probably fear from him about us coming back and preparing Hearts for the inevitable beating we'll give them. We clearly will need more numbers and quality and I would expect us to spend more than Hearts so I would expect us to be competitive. It is all about quality, value and proper scouting. 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

simply take a look at how well Leicester City are doing.

I think some people go around thinking that Leicester have spent nothing. They also got very lucky because Chelsea imploded, Man Utd are shit, Arsenal have a team of bottlers and Man City have a team of cash-grabbing prima donnas who have zero affection for their sheikh's plaything of a diddy club.

Okazaki - 11m
Ulloa - 10.2m
Kante - 9m
Kramaric - 9m
Benalouane - 7m
Inler - 7m
Amartey - 6.6m
Gray - 5.1m
Huth - 4.2m
Simpson 2.5m

= 71.6m

And if we are seriously comparing Warburton to Ranieri... :belm:

2 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

I think some people go around thinking that Leicester have spent nothing.

Okazaki - 11m
Ulloa - 10.2m
Kante - 9m
Kramaric - 9m
Benalouane - 7m
Inler - 7m
Amartey - 6.6m
Gray - 5.1m
Huth - 4.2m
Simpson 2.5m

= 71.6m

It's all relative to the league they play in and the wage bill in comparison to the big hitters in that league. 

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

It's all relative to the league they play in and the wage bill in comparison to the big hitters in that league. 

Exactly.

Something hardly anyone on here seems to give a shit about. They think because the worst Hibs team in history are in the Championship that it's somehow SPFL Premiership 2. Actually, forget I said that... Better not give Doncaster any ideas...

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

They have spent relatively little. You seemed to be implying they've spent a lot.  Maybe I picked you up wrong 

A clutch of players around the 10m mark should still get you quality. If the rest of the English behemoths want to go around spending 50 or 60m on youth players and utter dross, then that's their problem.

The beasts have got players like Scott Brown on 35 grand per week. All we need to do on a man for man basis find better players and for less money. In Scott Brown's case thats going to be very fucking easy  obviously. 

A few mediocre players on inflated McCoist era wages will be moving on this summer too,  that's got to help. 

22 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

I think some people go around thinking that Leicester have spent nothing. They also got very lucky because Chelsea imploded, Man Utd are shit, Arsenal have a team of bottlers and Man City have a team of cash-grabbing prima donnas who have zero affection for their sheikh's plaything of a diddy club.

Okazaki - 11m
Ulloa - 10.2m
Kante - 9m
Kramaric - 9m
Benalouane - 7m
Inler - 7m
Amartey - 6.6m
Gray - 5.1m
Huth - 4.2m
Simpson 2.5m

= 71.6m

Exactly - all the EPL clubs can afford game changing players nowadays, which is why it's as even as it's been for ages.

They can't all play for Man U or Chelsea, so some have got to trickle down to the lesser lights.

How much did Maribor, Legia Warsaw, Malmo &  Molde spend in transfer fees & wages?

How much have Aberdeen spent to be competitive?

We have to get value for money on each and every signing. This is where the contacts and relationships that MW, DW & FMP have built will be vital.

We are less than one year into a total rebuild in terms of recruitment, playing style, coaching ethos and the setting of standards throughout the whole club. So far we are making good progress both on and off the park and can't  help but be optimistic for not only next season but many seasons after that.

I know exactly where Neilson is coming from but we wouldn't need anywhere near 24m

that said to flip it people mentioning Aberdeen? They're nowhere near the title - use them as a yardstick and we will be in trouble 

likewise McParland making the Scottish market a priority too 

31 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Someone's coaxed a few people out the boardroom section:lol:

£30million nothing less...:blink:

IMO mate if we really want to be where we belong I.e Champions League group stages then I honestly think that figure is more realistic (30m) 

i know someone's gonna mention Molde but you always get teams like that in the mix but spending on quality does bring success - the key is spending wisely 

I don't want to go out and sign a Michael Ball for 6 million after a taigs defeat to appease the fans but IMO we need 5/6 players in the moulds of Bougherra, Davis, Mendes, Cueller etc that would be the bulk of that figure 

people scoff at the thought of 30 million but I think it's accurate 

if it were as easy as signing guys from Accrington or Hearts for 60k the whole world would be using this blueprint 

If a manger knows where to look and has good contact you don't need to spend a fortune, look at Forrester, Waghorn, Holt etc. No doubt they will do a job next season and are on a par with anything in that league.

Our days of 3-4 million pound players are long gone!

We add maybe 3m on the wages budget, and a couple of mil in transfers, and I feel we would have more than enough to win the top flight.

We are maybe 5 players away from being there.   and 2 of them have already signed on precontracts.

Just now, gogzy said:

We add maybe 3m on the wages budget, and a couple of mil in transfers, and I feel we would have more than enough to win the top flight.

We are maybe 5 players away from being there.   and 2 of them have already signed on precontracts.

According to McParland they're gonna be more squad players they 2

Just now, K.A.I said:

According to McParland they're gonna be more squad players they 2

Aye, we need a few good squad players mate,  I don't have massive amounts of faith in our bench at times.    I don't think our first team is too far away,  another CB and anothr striker, plus signing Harry Forrester on a full time deal might be enough.

Just now, gogzy said:

Aye, we need a few good squad players mate,  I don't have massive amounts of faith in our bench at times.    I don't think our first team is too far away,  another CB and anothr striker, plus signing Harry Forrester on a full time deal might be enough.

I need convinced mate but the taigs game could be a good yard stick to see after the Dundee and Kilmarnock games where we were dominant 

2 hours ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

the 24 mil is their wage budget and transfer budget combined probably, although Robbo appears to have plucked the figure out the sky, - not transfer budget

Celtic are psing their money up the wall

Anyone who would aspire to that level of wage bill for a squad of dross doesn't know what MW knows

Celtic are downsizing for a reason - it's unsustainable

I think the manks are going to spend this summer in an attempt to consolidate their position. They must surely have been putting aside funds over the past 4 years knowing they wouldn't need to spend big to win the league?  I can only imagine the amount of cash they must've been banking through the constant sell-outs at the girodome :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How much do you think we will increase the season ticket prices next season? I expect at least 10%

Should get bigger revenues from match days, merchandise, sponsorship and TV deals. Not sure if it will be enough to cover the costs and transfer fees right enough.

That’s where King and co come in.

They talked the talk so time to walk the walk. We don’t need tens of millions but we do require far more than we have spent thus far.

Back Warburton with his first choice targets and that will be enough to see us back as the no 1 club in Scotland.