Home Page Articles

For a long while the RM home page (click the NEWS tab in the actual forum) had articles on it that were well out of date and a technical issue with the page meant it couldn’t be updated. I felt the age of the articles were letting the site down  - particularly when the site moved to the latest version of the forum recently. Around about Xmas this was resolved and I decided to submit a few articles to RM– with the primary aim being no more than to keep  the home page current and topical.

Having no idea if anybody actually visits the home page, and not seeing any comments on the articles (which is very unlike the RM I know) I have decided to follow the way The Dude does this with his Shoot blog – and post the first paragraph of the article in the BD with a link to the article. That way if nobody actually visits the home page then they are directed to it and can comment on the article posted in the BD.

There’s a few articles on there I have completed over the last few months – the latest is “Springing a Leak”

Following the excellent defensive performances  Rangers fans were witness to  at the start of the year, the advent of springtime has seen Rangers concede goals at a ridiculous rate. From losing three goals in January and two in February, March has seen Rangers lose 6 while the first game in April has seen the team shed another three.  The last of those being the bitterest pill to swallow as with the last kick of the ball Raith equalised and denied Rangers a victory and promotion at the first time of asking.….

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/news/index.php/news/matches/league/179-springing-a-leak

I am sure if anybody else wishes to try their hand at this then the articles will be welcome.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It was a good read. (tu)

cheers the page looks a lot more current now and although guys on here regularly will probably bypass the page, for people googling RM, it may well be the first page they hit. Its looking a lot better.

• gogzy pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

cheers the page looks a lot more current now and although guys on here regularly will probably bypass the page, for people googling RM, it may well be the first page they hit. Its looking a lot better.

Just tired that to see what comes up and it is the article page.