Ibrox Icons Stadium Banners

one55

THROUGHOUT the coming weeks fans will see massive images of their favourite Ibrox legends being wrapped around the stadium and grounds.

The first banner, which is part of a new ‘Ibrox Icons’ campaign, will be draped over Edminston House and will feature heroes such as Graeme Souness, Willie Henderson andJorg Albertz.

More banners will follow and these will also showcase a variety of Gers favourites for all generations of fans. The banners offer a chance to celebrate idols who have played their part in creating the rich and illustrious history of our club.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/ibrox-icons-stadium-banners/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

As long as they don't touch the main stand. The other 3 stands are showing their age in terms of design so I have no real problems with this 

I agree. Leave it alone and just do the other stands. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If it's done right it could look good. 

Hope it's not just being used to cover up the bits of the stadium needing work done. 

aye, we don't want to end up like them in the east. at least our stadium just needs a wee refresh but no amount of work can sort that disaster out over there apart from a total demolition. 

1 minute ago, one55 said:

aye, we don't want to end up like them in the east. at least our stadium just needs a wee refresh but no amount of work can sort that disaster out over there apart from a total demolition. 

No amount of work could fix that shithole, it looks even worse now it's surrounded by nice new buildings. 

Always liked the idea of having these banners on the inside ends of the 3 stands. 

I like the stadium how it is. I would like to see the bit of land from the old Rangers shop up to the corner of the stadium made into a fan zone. Some statues, banners, murals, starting from the founders to the present day. A walk up memory lane. 

25 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Well put some up on the main stand as well for those in the Govan stands to look at.

That's why I liked the ideas of banners on inside ends of the 3 stands, I think that would look really good and give folk something to look at, at halftime. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

The are going outside the stadium, Edmiston House & above the Megastore.

I like the idea of going above the megastore, that would be a cracking scene to look at walking up from the Copland. But the inside of the stadium would be even better, get it on the ends of the broomloan and copland where the staircase is, and get banners going along the front where there is no advertisement.