Zelalem, the telegraph

The telegraph are running a story today saying gedion zelalem is to be promoted to arsenals first team next season. Don't know about anybody else but I would be amazed if this happened ? I know he's only young and will still improve but I just don't see what the fuss is about him. His passing is vastly over rated and the less said about his shooting ability the better! I know he was injured recently but warbs has hardly involved him since the start of the year I would say, looks to me as if warbs knows he won't improve our team!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His job isn't to score goals so his shooting is irrelevant.  His passing ability seems very good to me and he does find pockets of space all over the pitch.  He's only 18 and is still a bit raw for the Arsenal first-team but Wenger is said to be a huge fan of Zelalem.  They'll probably include him in their preseason plans and assess him themselves.  If he's not ready, he'll be loaned out again, hopefully to us :)

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

His job isn't to score goals so his shooting is irrelevant.  His passing ability seems very good to me and he does find pockets of space all over the pitch.  He's only 18 and is still a bit raw for the Arsenal first-team but Wenger is said to be a huge fan of Zelalem.  They'll probably include him in their preseason plans and assess him themselves.  If he's not ready, he'll be loaned out again, hopefully to us :)

I think you're in the minority mate, gives the ball away far to much for somebody that's being labelled arsenals "'next big thing". He's supposed to be a player who runs the show and creates goals, sitting here right now I can't think of 1 assist he's made this season off the top of my head. I'm not saying he's not made 1 but I certainly can't remember any.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on, his passing is nowhere near as good as made out, especially his short passing. He's a central and attacking midfielder, of course he is meant to chip in with goals.

He'll be loaned out to an English championship in the summer.

I think Arsenal see him as a deep lying playmaker.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think Arsenal see him as a deep lying playmaker.

Playing him as a deep lying playmaker would cause you all sorts of problems. He's slow on the ball and has no strength about him, he would get robbed of the ball a lot and would ultimately cost his side goals.

Just now, Deanofwright said:

I think you're in the minority mate, gives the ball away far to much for somebody that's being labelled arsenals "'next big thing". He's supposed to be a player who runs the show and creates goals, sitting here right now I can't think of 1 assist he's made this season off the top of my head. I'm not saying he's not made 1 but I certainly can't remember any.

We often have the run of things in this league and don't need a Zelalem type player.  In Europe or against tougher opposition when we don't have as much time of space on the ball I think Zelalem would shine.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the Old Firm game against Celtic. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We often have the run of things in this league and don't need a Zelalem type player.  In Europe or against tougher opposition when we don't have as much time of space on the ball I think Zelalem would shine.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the Old Firm game against Celtic. 

Please don't say that lol he would be a passenger in that game, Scott brown would absolutely destroy him the first chance he got and he would take up Nicky laws mantle from last season as the invisible man!

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wenger has totally changed his outlook in that department that's why he always plays Coquelin and now Elneny has been brought into the side.

I don't  think scoring will make or break his career but there is a few youtube videos showing him score some tidy goals at different levels.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

There's no chance he starts against the scum. Ball, Halliday and Holt will be the midfield three. Would need to have a couple of injuries for him to play.

Dean shiels and Nicky law would be in the team before him

3 minutes ago, Deanofwright said:

Please don't say that lol he would be a passenger in that game, Scott brown would absolutely destroy him the first chance he got and he would take up Nicky laws mantle from last season as the invisible man!

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's no chance he starts against the scum. Ball, Halliday and Holt will be the midfield three. Would need to have a couple of injuries for him to play.

We'll see soon enough (tu)

I honestly find it hard to believe that many , if not most on here fail to see what a talent this guy is. He plays the game with ease and is going to be a star in the future. He passing is sublime and he makes the game look easy at times.

6 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I honestly find it hard to believe that many , if not most on here fail to see what a talent this guy is. He plays the game with ease and is going to be a star in the future. He passing is sublime and he makes the game look easy at times.

He's got bags of potential, easy to see, unforunately that potential belongs to and will benefit Arsenal, when it comes to his spell with us, he's simply not been good enough in my eyes, Oduwa was much more contributing/memorable during his time here, imo.