*****The Official Rangers v Peterhead thread*****

OceanRain

After watching Dumbarton sitting with 10 of their men in their own box tonight i'm wondering if Peterhead will also make this a repeat of that.  Dumbarton had other issues to be concerned about, a point could have helped them but for Peterhead it's all or nothing.

I would say they won all they could hope for by getting to this final against the biggest support in the country and winning a share of the gate, their chances of winning the actual match range from slim at best to no chance at all.  They got their pay day no matter what.  Let's hope they don't make this a non event of a football match.  

2 hours ago, OceanRain said:

RANGERS.pngpeterhead.jpg

Rangers v Peterhead

Petrofac Training Cup Final

Sunday, 10th April, k/o 3pm

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Live on BBC Alba and Rangers TV

League positions

Rangers: 1st  (SPFL Championship champions)
Peterhead: 2nd (SPFL League 1)

Last 6 results (most recent first)

Rangers: WDWLWW
Peterhead: LLWDWD

Head-to-head (last 6 meetings)

Rangers 3 - 0 Peterhead (02/08/2015)

Rangers 1 - 2 Peterhead (20/04/2013)

Peterhead 0 - 1 Rangers (20/01/2013)

Rangers 2 - 0 Peterhead (10/11/2012)

Peterhead 2 - 2 Rangers (11/08/2012)

Rangers 5 - 0 Peterhead (06/01/2006)

Road to the final

Rangers:

Hibernian 2 - 6 Rangers (25/07/2015)

Ayr United 0 - 2 Rangers (19/08/2015)

Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (20/10/2015)

Rangers 4 - 0 St. Mirren (28/11/2015)

Peterhead:

Brechin City 0 - 3 Peterhead (25/07/2015)

Falkirk 3 - 5 Peterhead (18/08/2015)

Peterhead 3 - 0 Stenhousemuir (10/10/2015)

Queen’s Park 1 - 2 Peterhead (14/11/2015)

Top scorers

Rangers:

24 M Waghorn

17 K Miller

13 J Tavernier

9 J Holt

7 A Halliday

7 L Wallace

Peterhead:

30 R McAllister

13 L McIntosh

13 S Sutherland

9 J Brown

5 J Redman

4 J Stevenson

After winning the league tonight, the first in a fantastic triple header of matches featuring Sunday's final, the scum match in the Scottish Cup semi and our champion's guard of honour welcome from Stubby's Hibs at Easter Road.

I like the way our official two @Rangers_no1 @OceanRain are setting about these threads. Keep it up guys. :541:

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You waste no time in posting these haha. I was going to say you should be the official match thread creator, but tonight was the first win we had in the three threads you've created. I have a 100% win record, must do better @OceanRain 

By my reckoning @Rangers_no1 you get the official "timaloy" semi thread. 

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You waste no time in posting these haha. I was going to say you should be the official match thread creator, but tonight was the first win we had in the three threads you've created. I have a 100% win record, must do better @OceanRain 

I fucking thought that too!

Honestly believe after the fact we've now secured the league, it'll relieve a lot of pressure off the lads (most of them) that have not won anything in football yet, and that will allow them to relax and express themselves a lot more, I honestly think er will score at least 5 on Sunday and conceded nothing, which will stand us in good stead against the tarriers. We're fucking back and we welcome the chase. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'd rest every player possible ahead of taigs game.

I wouldn't. A pressure game in front of a packed Hampden will give the team good preparation for the Bheasts game. 

Looking at those past results, forgot it was Peterhead we first faced on our rise back to the top league. Horrible result :power_of_anguish:

Can't wait for this game now. Looking forward to a wee day out at Hampden and a few beers. 

Now that the pressure is off us in the league I hope we go on and put in a performance.

My team would be:

Wes

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Forrester Ball Halliday 

MOH Miller McKay 

Only reason I would start Ball as opposed to having Halliday in the CDM role and playing Holt is I reckon that Ball is a certainty to play against the tims so some game time would be good for him. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Think I'll watch the game on BBC Alba, got to be less painful than having to endure Tom Miller.

Fillima lak sit soo son, ball forward agas herrtenof rachamaldmash estreeksy golakeepers' area.

Hada dramururumold agus goal. etretvevink harra very controversial decision.

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Fillima lak sit soo son, ball forward agas herrtenof rachamaldmash estreeksy golakeepers' area.

Hada dramururumold agus goal. etretvevink harra very controversial decision.

Well either that or "hello to Mary and the bears in Magaluf, hello to Benny in Benidorm, Happy birthday to Tampax in Tampa, oh aye and Rangers jist scored'.