Ally included in celebrations?

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I don't recall advocatt being invited  on the pitch when we won the title in 2003 either , why is this any different 

Why would he have been? 

As I said earlier, Id extend to to all players and staff from the last four years not just McCoist. Draw a line under the last four years, show our gratitude and move on. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why would he have been? 

As I said earlier, Id extend to to all players and staff from the last four years not just McCoist. Draw a line under the last four years, show our gratitude and move on. 

Aye thanks for the memories ally , hard to pick the most memorable one ? Being beat in the ramsdens final , a courageous 1-1 draw at home to Albion rovers or maybe it was getting beat by a managerless stirling, the guy was a managerial disaster who set us back years 

maybe he could come on and parade his big fat cheque to the 4 stands 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And if it goes tits up next year Warburton will be hugely rewarded too.

The two scenarios are not comparable, nowhere near it.

McFailure fucked us over for 80k a month when he could have walked away - if Warburton does the same then we'll compare the two.

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye thanks for the memories ally , hard to pick the most memorable one ? Being beat in the ramsdens final , a courageous 1-1 draw at home to Albion rovers or maybe it was getting beat by a managerless stirling 

maybe he could come on and parade his big fat cheque to he 4 stands 

Then again, there's always the first home game of 12/13 against East Fife, going a season unbeaten, beating premiership sides when we were in D3, watching youngsters like McKay and Macleod make their first steps in the game. Taking 35k to Hampden for a league game.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

McFailure fucked us over for 80k a month when he could have walked away - if Warburton does the same then we'll compare the two.

What's Warburton on? How much would he get if he fucked it up?

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

You're saying that any Rangers manager that fails, regardless of any binding contract, must walk away without a penny?

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

Im not going to get into this disorder debate Dude - but I would express my concern, that you, like quite  a few others, seem to think that his legendary status (rightfully earned during his career) cancels out automatically all the negative things about both his performance and conduct as a Rangers manager.

Perhaps if Ally had time to reflect on some of the decisions he made he would admit that he would have acted differently He was way out of his depth as Rangers manager but his ego would probably have got in the way of self awareness. He is like the rest of us in that he is a human being and does not always make the right decisions. I would like to think that fans will forgive him in the fullness of time.Souness was also hated by many fans when he left  to  go back to Liverpool but I believe that most fans are supportive of him now, and time can be a great healer. When we  win our next title maybe some fans will be more forgiving of him, then again judging by some comments on here, maybe not.

He should not be a part of the team celebrations but I hope he has a private celebration with family and friends.In my opinion Ally still loves Rangers.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then again, there's always the first home game of 12/13 against East Fife, going a season unbeaten, beating premiership sides when we were in D3, watching youngsters like McKay and Macleod make their first steps in the game. Taking 35k to Hampden for a league game.

Two of the highlights you include involve fan who would have turned up regardless of ally being there  or not , also we were not unbeaten in the 2nd division season , we got knocked out of every cup , about 5 out of the top 10 most emberassing defeats in the clubs history came under ally's management 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He will have offered us decent football though, not the pish Ally served up and the pish that drove the fans away

He didn't drive any away in the first few months as manager,  when we won 4-2 at Ibrox. And that video that Mark Warburton likes to show to prospective signings? Ally was the manager that day; and yes, we won, again. Where you complaining about the quality of the football in the 4-2 game; or where you complaining when Aluko burst through and scored a brilliant goal in the second Ibrox match; but hey, that didn't happen eh? 

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I've read some shite on here in my time (my own postings included) but fuck me, I don't even know where to start with that.

How old are you, 12?

no I'm 20 if you read my username dumbo

If this forum is too stupid to realise Ally is a legend them i;m going elserwhere

it's probably full ot tims sitting slating ally andour defence every week

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Two of the highlights you include involve fan who would have turned up regardless of ally being there  or not , also we were not unbeaten in the 2nd division season , we got knocked out of every cup , about 5 out of the top 10 most emberassing defeats in the clubs history came under ally's management 

One. Wasn't McCoists football driving fans away or are we blaming that on something different this week?

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You miss the ally managerial years it kept you on your toes !

• Surrendered a colossal 15 point lead to Celtic in the SPL, overturned in just 7 weeks (5th Nov - 24th Dec 2011). By 8th Feb 2012 Celtic were 10 points ahead - a total swing of 25 points in just 12 weeks or so.

• Knocked out of the League Cup, beaten 3-2 by 1st Division outfit, Falkirk.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, beaten 2-0 by Dundee Utd.

• Knocked out of the Champions League by Swedish minnows, Malmo.

• Knocked out of the Europa League by Slovenian minnows, Maribor.

• Gubbed 1-0 by Kilmarnock in our first game after going into Administration. Over the following 3 weeks we were also beaten 2-1 by Hearts and 2-1 by Dundee Utd.

• Just managed to narrowly scrape a 2-1 win against part-time minnows, Brechin City in the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup at Glebe Park - needing a last gasp, extra time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 2-2 draw with part-time minnows, Peterhead at Balmoor - needing a last gasp, last minute goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Berwick Rangers at Shielfield Park.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Forres Mechanics at Mosset Park - after Forres were reduced to ten men.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Annan Athletic at Galabank. Despite being 5 games into the season, and playing in the basement rungs of Scottish football with SPL players we were still without an away win, sitting fourth in the table.

• Horsed out of the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup by Queen Of The South 4-3 on penalties after failing to beat them over 120 minutes of turgid clogging.

• Beaten 1-0 by a Stirling Albion side, nestled snugly at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier, and who had just lost their previous five games on the trot.

• Finally managed an away win in the fourth tier by scraping a narrow win against 10-man Clyde at Broadwood.

• Horsed out of the League Cup by Inverness Caley Thistle who trounced us 3-0 at Ibrox. The scoreline was kept to 3-0 only by an outstanding performance from Neil Alexander, without whom it could easily have been 5 or 6.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against 10-man Queens Park at Hampden - needing a last gasp, 92nd minute, injury time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows Elgin City at Ibrox - after Elgin had been reduced to 10 men.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 1-0 win over 10-man Peterhead at Balmoor, with a Fran Sandaza tap-in (his first goal in five months) after keeper Graeme Smith had spilled the ball.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Montrose at Ibrox - needing an own goal from Montrose's Jonathan Crawford to do so.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, after being absolutely destroyed 3-0 by Dundee Utd - the same team that knocked us out of the cup the previous year.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Forthbank - when Stirling were sitting joint bottom of the fourth tier. We managed just 1 point out of a potential 6 at Forthbank that season.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by an Annan Athletic, a side sitting 34 points behind us, and nestled in second-bottom place at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier. It was only Annan's second away win of the season, having only won 7 league games out of 28 played thus far.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Elgin City at Borough Briggs, needing a 73rd minute penalty to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Ibrox.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Montrose at Links Park - after Montrose had a perfectly legitimate winning volley from Martin Boyle disallowed.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by Peterhead, the day after Charles Green stepped down.

• Horsed out of the League Cup in the first round by Forfar Athletic, 2-1 in extra time, after failing to beat them over 90 minutes.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Stranraer at Ibrox, needing a penalty in which to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 3-2 win over Arbroath at Ibrox, needing a penalty award to do so. This was after falling behind twice to the second-bottom placed team, who were FORTY FOUR points behind us prior to kick off.

• Just managed to scrape a 3-3 draw with Stenhousemuir at Ibrox, needing an own-goal by Ross McMillan to do so. That was after falling behind TWICE.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win over East Fife at Bayview with a 95th minute goal, courtesy of a penalty.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

• Losing the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup Final in extra time to Raith Rovers.

The rest they say is history ! :sherlock:

a roll of dishonour

every point i've made in this thread is valid and if you're to thick to understand them that;s your problem 

but please don;t think you're speaking on behalf of 50,000 rangers fans when you slate ally

as i alluded to above, this can;t be taken as a consensus for how fans in general feel about ally

maybe if you weren't an armchair pundit you would realise no football maanager has ever had to manage a team in the pain and hurt locker that Ally was in, where he was the superglue which held it together while hurdling the team through promotions which got us in the positoin MW picked us up from, do you think we would have ever got MW if Ally didn't do what he did? no. I wouldn't want any other manager to have taken us thorugh div 3 and 2 or else we would be like hearts are the now.

I'm going to FF - at least they know the value of Rangers legends and don;t be bitter towards our own legends

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I see people are still hitting out with the line it was Ally McCoist who galvanized the support and kept us together. I'm sorry but us fans would have backed any manager that year, the fans were together due to what happened with us, the treatment from the SFA etc. To suggest McCoist saved the club or kept is together is complete garbage.

Exactly. Makes us look like wankers by suggesting we needed a figure head to remind us what we were fighting for. 

As for McCoist. I'd rather not see him anywhere near any celebrations. He should just stick to being the head cheerleader of the Neil Lennon fan club. 

4 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

every point i've made in this thread is valid and if you're to thick to understand them that;s your problem 

but please don;t think you're speaking on behalf of 50,000 rangers fans when you slate ally

as i alluded to above, this can;t be taken as a consensus for how fans in general feel about ally

maybe if you weren't an armchair pundit you would realise no football maanager has ever had to manage a team in the pain and hurt locker that Ally was in, where he was the superglue which held it together while hurdling the team through promotions which got us in the positoin MW picked us up from, do you think we would have ever got MW if Ally didn't do what he did? no. I wouldn't want any other manager to have taken us thorugh div 3 and 2 or else we would be like hearts are the now.

I'm going to FF - at least they know the value of Rangers legends and don;t be bitter towards our own legends

Aye well fuck off then. Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

No.  Ally got his chance to celebrate his two title wins.  And a Ramsden second place!

Did he really celebrate a Ramsden's second place, or was he trying to lift the troops? I suggest you read about the managerial methods of Brian Clough etc before you start boxing anyone's methods into some sort of convention. Just as well Don Revie was never Rangers manager; giving players massages win, lose, or draw. 

4 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

:lol:

You'll fit right in over there - the place is infested with Bheasts.

ps: genuine question, are you retarded in some way?